HM Dreadguard Choke

We've been downing the dread guards forever, and this last couple days when what's his face jumps and chokes people he does basically all the damage in the first tick and kills that person.

Anyone experiencing this? I didn't find anything on the forums, but it's kind of a big deal.

Still downed them cuz we're boss but still a pain.

LIES!!! :p

Ciphas does stangle. IIRC its a 7k damage on jump+2-3k each time. Needs to be interrupted asap. The RDPS in you raid should be doing this. As soon as he jumps, the RDPS all hit their interrupt(keybind it) there is no other way to circumvent this as melee might be out of range as he can jump to random people.

I wish I was lying lol.

We have 2 range and 2 marauders interupting it basically instantly but it's been killing whoever he was leaps to unless they are bubbled and topped off.

Like I said, we've done this fight plenty of times but this is the first time this has been an issue.

Edit: I'll see if I can get one of their combat logs, but they said they were killed with 19500 damage or something close to that. If it wasn't interrupted I can see that happening but not when it's instantly interrupted

Edited by Rynis

LIES!!! :p

Ciphas does stangle. IIRC its a 7k damage on jump+2-3k each time. Needs to be interrupted asap. The RDPS in you raid should be doing this. As soon as he jumps, the RDPS all hit their interrupt(keybind it) there is no other way to circumvent this as melee might be out of range as he can jump to random people.

I've had problems hitting my interrupt as soon as he jumps, as it sometimes likes to go off before he starts casting due to a very slight delay. Still, works most of the time.

bad dps is bad :p

Well in all seriousness, I'd rather make sure Im in his face for one reason.

I don't ahve to worry about timing leaps rupt for the choke, but im point blank for your standard kick to the face.

Rather than watch my guidlie (sent) dither about with his timing and worry about ticks of choke going off,I'll happily take 2-3 ticks of green.

bahahah who am i kidding my derp per seconds is huge!!