Tradeoff between stat bonuses and armor

ScipioAfrikanus

Good afternoon,

I'm trying to decide which armor to equip for my bounty hunter. I know I need to boost my Aim. But should I, for example, equip a piece of 150 armor that gives a +15 bonus to Aim over a piece of 200 armor that only gives a +5 to Aim?

I know this probably varies if I'm playing PvP or PvE.

Thanks,

Daniel

For PvP I don't think it matters at all, because your equipment will be bolstered to something level 55 regardless.

For PvE that just depends on your role. As Healer or DPS your aim is more important than your armor rating. Conversely, it could be more important to get the best blaster barrels you can, even if they have less aim than the ones you currently have. As a Tank your armor matters more (early on anyway).

Of course, the best solution would simply be to get the amorings with more aim than endurance and the most armor allowed for your level (reflex armorings) but these aren't usually available from commendation vendors as often as the endurance-heavy commando armorings.

In a situation like that when comparing two close items, it is always best I feel to go with what offers the best to your main stat., as your main stat gives you a boost to both main base damage and critical and regardles of role DPS tank or healer your main stat should be your first priority.

Armour is only base damage reduction to kenetic and energy attacks only remember and even if your are a tank you still need to do adequte damage to help hold threat and you can compensate a lower armour value item with higher defence or shield absorb rating elsewhere. :cool:

Edited by NOTACTICS