The Index of SW:TOR Beta Readers

Vesaniae

Our little community here revolves around writing. Stories, comments, poetry... We've seen it all. Whether you're a reader or a writer, it all comes back to writing eventually. It's the defining characteristic of this subforum, and something that I think most of us feel pretty strongly about.

In short, writing is serious business.

But the thing about writing is that sometimes, we just aren't sure of ourselves and our abilities. Maybe we have a great idea, but the execution seems a little off. Maybe we're worried that our favorite NPCs are acting wildly out of character. Maybe we just need someone to help us out with those pesky commas. :)

Thus, this thread. This index aims to provide a comprehensive list of individuals who are willing to help you, the fanfiction community, with your stuff. We can proofread, edit, give feedback, the works. It's a way to give back to the community, and everyone's work improves as a result! It's a win-win situation! :D

If you want to offer your services as a beta, please provide some relevant information using the following format:

Name: Who are you?

Availability: Are you at present free to take on a project? It would be nice if people could try to keep this updated so that those looking for betas know who's available and who's busy.

Classes: TOR fanfic tends to revolve around members of those delightful class stories. Which class stories are you familiar with?

Genres: Genre is often a tricky thing to pin down, but sometimes it could be a good idea to specify. Do you refuse to have anything to do with romance? Is horror your specialty? Or just leave it undefined!

Cred: A link to some of your work here, so that people can see whether you're a decent writer. ;)

Contact Info: People have to get in touch with you somehow. You could just use this site's PM system, or offer an anonymous email if you're feeling daring.

And that's that! Now, if someone would be so kind as to create a post to make an easy index, perhaps by class, I would be very grateful. I don't have a clue how to do that, myself. :rolleyes: Edit: Thank you kabeone :)

Happy Writing! :D

Edited by Vesaniae

Beta Reader By Class > Genre

Genre will only be noted if there is a limitation or preference given otherwise assume All

(A) = Available for Beta Reading

* indicates the person has completed the class story.

Bounty Hunter

*(A) Earthmama

(A) elliotcat

(A) Morgani

(A) Mustardcheese

(A) SveinEternity

Imperial Agent

*(A) Earthmama

*(A) elliotcat

(A) imnotawitch

*(A) kabeone

*(A) Morgani

(A) Mustardcheese

(A) SveinEternity

*(A) Vesaniae

Jedi Consular

*(A) Earthmama

(A) elliotcat

(A) imnotawitch

*(A) Morgani

(A) SveinEternity

Jedi Knight

(A) Earthmama

(A) elliotcat

*(A) kabeone

(A) Morgani

(A) Mustardcheese

(A) SveinEternity

(A) Vadess: Action, Post-Class, Alt Universe, Romance

Sith Inquisitor

(A) elliotcat

*(A) imnotawitch

*(A) kabeone

(A) Morgani

(A) Mustardcheese

(A) SveinEternity

*(A) Vesaniae

Sith Warrior

*(A) Earthmama

(A) elliotcat

*(A) imnotawitch

*(A) kabeone

(A) Morgani

(A) Mustardcheese

*(A) Vesaniae

(A) SveinEternity

Smuggler

*(A) Earthmama

*(A) elliotcat

(A) imnotawitch

*(A) kabeone

(A) Morgani

(A) Mustardcheese

(A) SveinEternity

Trooper

*(A) Earthmama

(A) elliotcat

*(A) kabeone

*(A) Morgani

(A) Mustardcheese

(A) SveinEternity

Note to Beta Readers:

If you mention a class I will put you under it, please indicate which class story you finished. Right now, I'm guessing that very familiar means you finished.

If you update your post (for availability or whatever) please note the date so I can check against my last update).

You guys are awesome <3

Updated to Post #15 9/15/12

Edited by kabeone

Name: vadess40 (username)

Availability: For now, I'm free!

Classes: Sith Warrior (Serea is my level 50 main), and a little bit of the Jedi Knight story and the Trooper (they're my growing Pub characters, haven't decided completely whose going 2 b my main)

Genres: Action stories, post-class story fanfics, alt universe fics. New to romance and stuff, but hope to get better.

Cred:

Flames of Old Series- http://vadess40.deviantart.com/art/Flames-of-Old-Chapter-1-292524373

Revan Journals Series- http://vadess40.deviantart.com/art/Revan-Journals-1-267049698?

Contact Info: just PM me and I'll give you my email

Edited by vadess
forgot to say whether I'm free

Name: Vesaniae

Availability: Free at present! :)

Classes: I've played all the way through the Sith Warrior, Sith Inquisitor, and Imperial Agent

Genres: I'm up for anything.

Cred: Too lazy to post a link here so see my signature ;)

Contact Info: I check for PMs here regularly. If you'd prefer email, send me a message and I'll give you my address.

Name: Morgani

Availability: I'm currently available to give feedback and grammar checks to stories of any length.

Classes: I'm very familiar with Trooper, Consular and Agent. Fairly familiar with Sith Warrior, Smuggler. Bounty Hunter, Inquisitor and Jedi Knight I only know what I've read in other people's fics.

Genres: Any genre

Cred: http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=5069030&postcount=1155

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=5073043&postcount=1171

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=5046409&postcount=1043

Contact Info: PM me for my email. I glance at PMs every time I come on the forums.

Name: imnotawitch

Availability: Free to Beta

Classes: Very familiar with SW and SI, semi-familiar with IA, familiar with early game Cons and Smugg, and not very familiar with the rest.

Genres: Any and all :D

Cred: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=527892

Contact Info: PM for email

Edited by imnotawitch

Name: SveinEternity

Availability: I am free but my sub runs out in like 9 days so Email would be the best way of communication. Big projects are awesome because I'll read em sooner or later.:D

Classes: Familiar with all of them. I would love some JC and SI though. I also really love trooper (Love now because of Morgani:)) and I also really like SW. However, send me anything about any class.

Genres: I like action and mysterious stories. I also like heart wrenching stories ,and Alternate Universe. However, I'll leave this as more undifined than anything because I like to read pretty much everything.

Cred: Look in the Short Fic index (Bright_Ephermea's index by character on the first page of the thread). I also am working on two pretty big projects, New Conflicts and The Codes: Evolving. Links will come soon.

Contact Info: My Email is SveinEternity@hotmail.com. You can PM me but my sub is running out soon so I am not sure if I will be able to receive it till F2P.

Name: Meena

Availability: Free. I am a chem major and I am fairly busy but I will stay in contact with you and you can always bother me on AIM or Skype.

Classes: I've only finished the smuggler and agent myself. Been through chapter 1 on all the others except trooper and consular. I've read a million spoilers and seen screenshots though so I'm pretty familiar with most of the stories.

I also have a major "unloved NPCs" fixation - I am the world's only Darth Zash fangirl - so if you happen to be focusing on an NPC that nobody likes that much, I'm your girl.

Genres: Can do any. I'm really really good at grammar.

Cred: See signature.

Contact Info: PM me here please to start. I have Skype and AIM and those are the best ways for me to chat.

Edited by elliotcat
updates

Name: Mustardcheese (Call me Drilian.)

Availability: Pretty much free whenever. Besides school hours, of course.

Classes: Pretty much all of them, besides Consular.

Genres: I'm open to anything.

Cred: Hunter

Contact Info: PM for email or other form of contact.

Edited by mustardcheese

Sorry elliotcat misplaced it and put it on Trooper :o fixed now.

Name: Kabeone

Availability: Free

Classes: Finished stories for Imperial Agent, Jedi Knight, Sith Warrior, Sith Inquisitor, Smuggler, Trooper

Genres: Any

Cred: See Sig

Contact Info: PM to start

Name: Earthmama

Availability: Free

Classes: Finished stories for Imperial Agent, Sith Warrior, Jedi Consular, Smuggler, Trooper, and Bounty Hunter, am very familiar with the Jedi Knight story.

Genres: Any

Cred: See Sig

Contact Info: PM to start

Note: I'm a good idea person, and a good character person, if you're struggling with fleshing out either of those things I am more then happy to help you bounce ideas around. As for grammar and general editing, I am NOT your go to person, especially considering English was not my first language in writing or speaking, I don't feel confident in helping in that way.

Note: I'm a good idea person, and a good character person, if you're struggling with fleshing out either of those things I am more then happy to help you bounce ideas around. As for grammar and general editing, I am NOT your go to person, especially considering English was not my first language in writing or speaking, I don't feel confident in helping in that way.

English wasn't your first language?! I've tried to write fanfiction in languages that weren't my first before, and they turned out crap. I am very, very impressed.

I think I need you to help me with ideas, 'cause I am stuuuuck. Do you have Skype?

English wasn't your first language?! I've tried to write fanfiction in languages that weren't my first before, and they turned out crap. I am very, very impressed.

I think I need you to help me with ideas, 'cause I am stuuuuck. Do you have Skype?

I don't have Skype, but I can download it, my mom's been bugging me to get it. I'll PM you when I have it!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...