Creating a DPS Parser and Healing Parser

So,

My friends and I are currently in the process of creating a DPS Parser and Healing Parser based on the information given to use from 1.2.

It will be an external parser that will have to be uploaded by each individual member of your Operations Group.

I'm posting here to see if I can get in contact with one of the active developer's in order to get a sample of the XML that the current parser in 1.2 will output. That way when 1.2 actually launches in April we can start testing the parser we have.

If there are any forum moderators that can sticky this and/or possibly make a request to the developers it would be greatly appreciated.

I will be adding more details as time goes on, but this is already a work in progress and should be fully functional for each guild. At the moment it will be a local log, there will not be a way to put all of the information on a website.

Thank you for your time.

Chances are, you won't get an immediate response on this subject, but we will be able to see the format ourselves once it hits PTS. Also, you are forgetting threat generation in that which we can parse for.

I'll also be working on one of these, and am interested in possibly setting up a local program that will upload data to a central location as it's received (i.e. tail the combat log) so that you could possibly have more up to date info from from everyone in the ops/fp who is running the program locally. Hopefully I can get around to designing this in the near future instead of just playing swtor in the evenings.

I'll dig up this thread at that point and either a) join whatever project seems to be the current front runner (open source it!) or b) try to start up my own project and put together anyone interested in contributing.

Well I plan on doing it open source, that's the only way to go these days!

When and if I get a response I will make sure that I get in contact with people that would like to help get the project started.

Also when PTS opens up, I'll make sure to post the information as I get it.

The issue behind a threat XML is the fact that there is usually only one tank present. I have yet to see any issues with threat unless it involves more than 2 targets. That being said, a threat parcer would be nice but I do not think it would be our highest priority, depending on how getting the program to recognize damage output / healing output.

Like I said, it all depends on what the XML actually has on it. I hope the PTS has the option to use this, seeing as it would be most helpful. Fortunately, we may be accepted into the guild testing portion for the new Operation, which will give us access to the XML logs.

Wow, after looking at it, it doesn't seem like it would take a whole hell of a lot to get it done, just need the proper XML formats. I can even give the plugin to everyone else! :D

Yeah, plus you can even directly parse it into a webpage, which could take the data and form a nice table from everyone who has the plugin.

Glad you find it workable, hopefully it'll save you alot of work and you can get it functioning quickly with 1.2!

So,

My friends and I are currently in the process of creating a DPS Parser and Healing Parser based on the information given to use from 1.2.

It will be an external parser that will have to be uploaded by each individual member of your Operations Group.

I'm posting here to see if I can get in contact with one of the active developer's in order to get a sample of the XML that the current parser in 1.2 will output. That way when 1.2 actually launches in April we can start testing the parser we have.

If there are any forum moderators that can sticky this and/or possibly make a request to the developers it would be greatly appreciated.

I will be adding more details as time goes on, but this is already a work in progress and should be fully functional for each guild. At the moment it will be a local log, there will not be a way to put all of the information on a website.

Thank you for your time.

My only question is why? All that needs to be done is a module needs to be made for ACT and it's done. ACT is already a very solid piece of software. Developing an entirely new parser isn't needed. If you still want to, kudos and good luck though.

My only question is why? All that needs to be done is a module needs to be made for ACT and it's done. ACT is already a very solid piece of software. Developing an entirely new parser isn't needed. If you still want to, kudos and good luck though.

Just like Jangbro said above, ACT has a lot of things that isn't necessary as well as being a little outdated. To start from scratch is not only going to be fun for some of us but actually provide an up-to-date program for the community to use.

• 1 month later...
I tried looking it up, but the only example of parse/parsing/parser is in techno speak and not an actual definition. Could someone tell me what it is in laymans terms? >_<

are you talking about my parser?

you simply give it a combat log to parse and your character name and click Parse.