Abilities ... 1.4 .... DPS?

Voranis

Ok... beyond the nerfs to KB and stun etc.

When I logged in today one thing that struck me is that I didn't seem to be doing nearly as much DPS as I was just yesterday. Not just PvP either, I ran some FP's and was surprised that my normal rotation just wasn't taking mobs down the way it should be.

My tracer missiles were hitting for 1500 dmg, when just yesterday I was getting 2-3k from them on a regular basis.

In fact it seems like acrost the board my damage numbers are lower.

Wish I had logs to compare to, unfortunately I havn't gotten swmonitor to run and log properly yet.

So I figured I'd hit the WZ training dummy.

...weirdness followed.

For starters .. Unload.

How many times should unload be hitting for?

Sometimes it's hitting 6 to 7 times, other times 2 to 3 hits.

More than once my unload only hit one time, and with no 'miss' 'dodge' etc. messages.

There's a graphical bug with it since 1.4 where some of the shots are shooting off (more like warping off) in odd directions.

As best as I can tell, these 'stray shots' are actually not just graphical bugs but are actually not being counted.

Tracer missile.

Seems to rarely crit now, when I used to get frankly a lot of crits with it.

There is a percentage chance that it will reset CD on unload and increase the damage of next unload.

Twice, when it proc'd it instead lowered the damage of unload (acording to tool-tip mouse over) instead of increasing it.

Missile Blast.

Several times this 'failed to fire'

The channel bar would run down then "failed"

One time I got an 'evade' message when I tried to fire it.

Power shot.

Also had the same 'failed to fire' glitching as Missile Blast.

I'm just...... /boggle

Is there any way to get the chat window to display hit by hit combat messages ... you know .. like other games all do?

This patch is just ...... /boggle

Edited by Voranis

I noticed the exact same problem. My defenses felt weaker and my offensive abilities felt impaired. I also noticed an extreme increase in the heat generated by special abilities. 3-4 of them would max my heat bar, despite having all the points in the heat reduction abilities in the skill tree.

It also seems to me that a lot of our animations were slowed down.

I am thinking that they were trying to lower our damage overall by this (stealth NERF).

The idiots at Bioware look at the damage output in WZs and think the Merc is so powerful.

They don't realize that damage is only 1 contributor in many that make a good teammate in PVP.

My level 50 Op does half the damage of my level 50 Merc but has twice the impact on a successful WZ.

My Op also has lower valor and worse gear but is far more beneficial to a group.

I am thinking that they were trying to lower our damage overall by this (stealth NERF).

The idiots at Bioware look at the damage output in WZs and think the Merc is so powerful.

They don't realize that damage is only 1 contributor in many that make a good teammate in PVP.

My level 50 Op does half the damage of my level 50 Merc but has twice the impact on a successful WZ.

My Op also has lower valor and worse gear but is far more beneficial to a group.

Its not just Merc Bioware messed something up with combat period. My Jugg fires a smash..the dmg is recorded in combat..the numbers are displayed above the target...No health is removed from the target...Same happens with Sccream..seems random sometimes the dmg is taken from targets health...sometimes its not...has nothing to do with accuracy...I have 107% accuracy on my Jugg...and like I said the log is recording the hit...Its just not taking the health off the trget.....Same thing on my Merc on several abilities...

I noticed the exact same problem. My defenses felt weaker and my offensive abilities felt impaired. I also noticed an extreme increase in the heat generated by special abilities. 3-4 of them would max my heat bar, despite having all the points in the heat reduction abilities in the skill tree.

Dito on heat buildup...

Didn't seem to make any difference if I was using high velocity cylinder or not.

Thought I was loosing it.

Edited by Voranis

Just logged in today and for the most part it looks normal again.

Seems that yesterday bonuses and modifiers were not being applied correctly.

Also the 'shot warping off in weird directions' seems to be gone.

Havn't left my ship yet, but so far so good.

(sweeping blasters bug still there)

(the 'whoosh' sound for tracer missile still missing)

Edited by Voranis

Just logged in today and for the most part it looks normal again.

Seems that yesterday bonuses and modifiers were not being applied correctly.

Also the 'shot warping off in weird directions' seems to be gone.

Havn't left my ship yet, but so far so good.

(sweeping blasters bug still there)

(the 'whoosh' sound for tracer missile still missing)

I pray this is the case. The heat build-up and dps reduction made pve nearly unplayable. I felt as squishy as a sorc with less damage output and less effective heals. I'll run a repair when I get home and try again tonight, but it would be nice to see a BW response on this. Between the "mouse fart" sound effects bh abilities now produce, dps reduction, heat increase....well...let's just say I'm not really enjoying the gameplay (HUGE fan of this class prior to the latest patch. My lvl 50 sent is getting zero playtime since I discovered arsenal merc).

I thought I was just going crazy. I, too, noticed what seemed to be an increased cast time on tracer and some other abilities. It just felt "off" by a half-second. Then I ran into hitting a target without it taking any damage, along with the other problems I've mentioned in the thread.

After reading this I went and tested my own DPS on target dummies and a few elites as I did a bit of farming (picked up a sweet new artifice pattern woo woo) the only thing that felt really weak to me was railshot, at best I saw it crit for maybe 3.5K, heatseeker tended to hit for upwards of 6K and unload procs could crit for 2K.

Well .. everything seemed fine for a time.

Except, as you just mentioned ^ rail shot doesn't seem to be getting it's bonus damage from tracer stacks.

They did change tracer stacks to also effect the heal with the new patch, wonder if rail shots bonus got borked in the process. It's actual damage is no different then a 'non-tracer stack' rail shot.

After a few hours of gameplay I went to BH to run the dailies.

Now I'm getting the same graphics glitching as yesterday.

Even after leaving BH the glitching and GCD stuttering is persistant again.

I've also got 'failed to fire' bug going on again.

/sigh

EA/BW needs to at least acknowledge these issues, they seem to be more concerned with moving/deleting posts out of the general players sight.

Can't PVP for crap now on my merc. Dying way to quickly and only have one ability get melee classes of my ***. What is the point in keeping them close to you when they can still do damage.

Yeppers...Bad design period...Ranged class...Melee root, and stun....Wha?

Yeah, I'm going to +1 this... My returns were awful tonight. Nothing hit like I thought it should and did.

Still experiencing the same issues. Crazy heat from special abilities and low damage output as an arsenal spec. Last night, I drew aggro from 4 regular mobs and 1 silver. They were three levels below me. With shield up, a medpac, healing companion, and great armor.......they killed me in about 15 seconds. I took down 1 of the regular mobs first. Not normal.

And that's another thing, stopping people in huttball is now impossible because our so called 'ranged' stun is only 10 meters.

No doubt.

The stun nerf and the KB nerf in huttball has relegated us to a "stand there and watch the leapers/force runners/extricators/grapplers fly by, and do nothing about it" role.

At least with the stun I could catch up to someone on the catwalks and KB them off.

Now all I can do is hope they come close enough to me and my KB goes off before their instant KB.

Some random DPS, and that's it.

I parsed my DPS on a operations target dummy for 6.5 minutes this morning and found no issues. Heat generation was normal, average and max damages were normal, crit rates were normal, the number of ticks per attack is right, and I did not experience any additional lag. I parsed 1854 DPS which is 97.1% of what Simulation Craft says I can do....most likely because I'm not as perfect as the simulation.

If any of you are certain you're having issues you should collect and post some hard evidence, screen shots and logs over 5 minutes, so we can see what's going on.

on my sorc madness spec i got a 5% dmg reduction on all abilities rite after the server merger. i repoted this issue but its always the same responce of " we cant do anything but sometime maybe in the near future we may fix this".

it really sucks to grind gear for a week just to have it screwed up in on night, they still did not fix the issue and im still doing 5% less dmg then i should be for ops and dailys it costs time

It astonishes me that a bunch of people think there's a major issue with their class after every single patch and then decide in a day that the problem was fixed without any maintenance. And I just watch people flock to the banner of completely unsupported evidence. Because you know how everyone of these threads starts? "I wish I had some logs from prepatch (aka evidence), but it seems like..." There's never any actual attempt to validate these things.

On the other hand, yes, there are some serious animation problems right now. Mercenary dps was not touched, and no guy, neither was sorc dps, and no your operative is not doing less damage. Most class threads already have one of these 'my dps was secret nerfed in 1.4!' What you are seeing is called variables and probability at work.

It astonishes me that a bunch of people think there's a major issue with their class after every single patch and then decide in a day that the problem was fixed without any maintenance. And I just watch people flock to the banner of completely unsupported evidence. Because you know how everyone of these threads starts? "I wish I had some logs from prepatch (aka evidence), but it seems like..." There's never any actual attempt to validate these things.

On the other hand, yes, there are some serious animation problems right now. Mercenary dps was not touched, and no guy, neither was sorc dps, and no your operative is not doing less damage. Most class threads already have one of these 'my dps was secret nerfed in 1.4!' What you are seeing is called variables and probability at work.

By all means, be astonished. There was no intent to affront anyone. I simply encountered an issue with increased heat the first three days after the patch and sought to communicate with my peers to establish whether or not they were experiencing similar issues. You may posit that "nothing was touched" and attempt to discredit my reported issue; however, the use of a single special ability which results in an immediate 50% gain in heat is not the product of "variables and probabilities." Similar issues have been reported since 1.2 and a quick fix appears to be re-equipping all armor and weapons. Nowhere in my posts have I suggested "OH MY GODZ! STEALTH NERF! AHHHH! RAGE AND CONSPIRACY!" I simply noticed what appeared to be a noticeable decrease in dps. While I respect that some consumers are so dedicated as to parse dps,create videos, etc., I do not enjoy an abundance of time to engage in such activities. I "play" this game rather than "live" it or create another job/obligation out of it. I have enough of those as it is. This does not make me a fanatic, conspiracy theorist driven weirdo dispatched by entities unknown to cause you dismay on the internet by falsely reporting potential problems. Out of curiosity, if you happen to notice blood in your stools, do you have a readily available sample from weeks past for the purposes of comparison?

I noticed a few issues and created constructive posts in an advanced class forum to bring them to the attention of others who might be able to indulge in your suggestions. Similar concerns were voiced by fellow consumers in equally constructive posts. Please have the decency to refrain from demeaning those who post such threads.