Top PVP Damage

Anosa

On my server it is rare to see a 400k game in anything other than a full voidstar. Usually one 300k per match is the top. I have seen several sorcs be tops on damage, even saw a 600k damage sorc and next closest was a 400k smash monkey on a voidstar awhile ago. But as Sorcerer's damage goes up, most often you see their killing blows go down. My top ever damage and DPS game was I once found an operative healer alone running under mid in alderan. I kept creeping terror, affliction and wrath procced crushing darkness all up on him on CD. Used deathfield on CD used force lightning to regen and we went at it for a good 5-6 full minutes without the.dummy cleansing my dots. I still couldn't kill him.

You will see sorcs do that sometimes. Just throwing affliction out on everyone and getting big damage numbers but not killing anything.

In longer games its usually something along the lines of

Full lightning: 450k - 650k

Hybrid: 480k - 750k

Madness: 450 - 700k

But it all depends on match length, the average skill of the people you are playing with and the skill of those you are fighting. When playing with my guild my scores tend to go down a little because everything drops too quickly unless we are fighting another pre made.

Heres a game from full lightning yesterday

http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y392/AdmiralParmesan/Screenshot_2013-01-14_03_18_00_086012_zps41391d37.jpg

Edited by AdmiralParmesan

To clarify, it is rare to see a 400k game from anyone of any class in the matches I play. I have seen Deprava talking in general and am on the server as him, but really don't see those kinds of numbers in my games. I PUG 99.99% of the time on my sorc though, so tend to get the worst of the worst I guess.

I actually have tended to see higher numbers lately since I run stun bubble most of the time lately. then I get in 2-3 groups in a row with 2+ other stun bubble specced sorcs and I feel I contribute absolutely nothing to the team, so go back to Madness.

In Madness I tend to prioritize kills WAY over damage, so I don't throw afflictions out to everyone. Unless I am soloing somebody or something absolutely has to die, I often don't throw out affliction at all. It adds to DPS, but be honest, if you have death messages on, when was the last time you were ever killed by affliction? I only use creeping terror for its root, but pretty much use it on CD, roots are important to me. I would say my average game in Madness is probably only 200k damage, but.I am usually in the top 3 ish for highest single hit (depending on how many geared smashers or railshotters there are in my team) and top 2-3 for killing blows. I switch targets often and try to kill anything that is within the killing range. Would help a ton if we had an execute ability, but we don't.

To clarify, it is rare to see a 400k game from anyone of any class in the matches I play. I have seen Deprava talking in general and am on the server as him, but really don't see those kinds of numbers in my games. I PUG 99.99% of the time on my sorc though, so tend to get the worst of the worst I guess.

I actually have tended to see higher numbers lately since I run stun bubble most of the time lately. then I get in 2-3 groups in a row with 2+ other stun bubble specced sorcs and I feel I contribute absolutely nothing to the team, so go back to Madness.

In Madness I tend to prioritize kills WAY over damage, so I don't throw afflictions out to everyone. Unless I am soloing somebody or something absolutely has to die, I often don't throw out affliction at all. It adds to DPS, but be honest, if you have death messages on, when was the last time you were ever killed by affliction? I only use creeping terror for its root, but pretty much use it on CD, roots are important to me. I would say my average game in Madness is probably only 200k damage, but.I am usually in the top 3 ish for highest single hit (depending on how many geared smashers or railshotters there are in my team) and top 2-3 for killing blows. I switch targets often and try to kill anything that is within the killing range. Would help a ton if we had an execute ability, but we don't.

i see 400-500k from melee quite often

Depends what I'm trying to do. I can top 300k if I spend the match just spamming attacks on people. When I'm trying to win though- the only time I'll get over 200k is in VS.

I roll healer though- on average I'll have 100-150k damage, 200-250k healing- have gone as high as 250k damage with 500k healing against a team that let me free cast the whole time though.

Really depends on free casting- if their juggs/mara focus you and you take two steps before being chain rooted/smashed to death every time, you can end up with under 100k damage easily.

On my server it is rare to see a 400k game in anything other than a full voidstar. Usually one 300k per match is the top. I have seen several sorcs be tops on damage, even saw a 600k damage sorc and next closest was a 400k smash monkey on a voidstar awhile ago. But as Sorcerer's damage goes up, most often you see their killing blows go down. My top ever damage and DPS game was I once found an operative healer alone running under mid in alderan. I kept creeping terror, affliction and wrath procced crushing darkness all up on him on CD. Used deathfield on CD used force lightning to regen and we went at it for a good 5-6 full minutes without the.dummy cleansing my dots. I still couldn't kill him.

You will see sorcs do that sometimes. Just throwing affliction out on everyone and getting big damage numbers but not killing anything.

He can't cleanse your dots...

No, he was right. I just assumed that specced healing ops could cleanse anything. I guess I shouldn't open my mouth about things I don't know fully, shouldn't talk about classes I have never played, and.definitely shouldn't call out anyone else for doing something wrong unless I know for a fact it is wrong.

Actually he can. Evasion removes all dots for operatives, do your research sir.

Reading comprehension? Obviously not what he meant, as you can read beneath your comment. Good thing he can use evasion everytime you apply weaken mind, mind crush and sever force then! (? Yeah. Pointless answer man. Go back to numberpadding)

Reading comprehension? Obviously not what he meant, as you can read beneath your comment. Good thing he can use evasion everytime you apply weaken mind, mind crush and sever force then! (? Yeah. Pointless answer man. Go back to numberpadding)

LOL I get better numbers in full lightning then most people get in hybrid, and in case you haven't read around I am very against number padding. Besides the point most people don't realize evasion removes dots the fact of whether if can be dispelled every time dots are applied is irrelevant as an ability that removes all pressure created by full madness is huge.

Ill respect your opinion though because your guild is so amazing at pvp.......ohwaitmybad

It's probably already been said (can't be bothered to read). But if you're looking to get highest DPS then you're playing wrong. You should be playing as a team, trying to complete the objectives of the game and then, and then only should you be happy if you managed to get highest DPS through those.

If I go madness and just run around the whole game throwing DoTs etc, I could probably near 800k damage. Though, doing so is very, very boring.

• 2 months later...

The best i've done is 880k, trying to break 1 million. I was running full madness but with the xp weekends in place alot of my healers friends are leveling alts; this spec isn't the best without a healer.

The trick for high damage seems to be based around spreading dots (affliction). The full madness tree causes your dots to hit the hardest...

I do better DPS in hybrid bubble spec simply because I tend to live longer. Yes my dots are gimped but I seem to stay alive much better if I get focused; when trying to top dmg numbers you tend to get focused because you're usually all up in peoples junk. :)

I see some hybrids that focus on the chain lightning but channeled AoE seems like such a waste to me, no real player is going to let you have success with that.

Why do people assume that getting high damage means you aren't playing for objectives? If you are at the nodes engaging the enemy and doing a good job, you are probably going to have high damage numbers. If you are a Madness Sorc and you aren't dotting everyone in a group situation, you aren't helping your team. Part of what you offer to a team as a Madness Sorc is applying group pressure with your dots, making it easier for everyone else to burn the enemy players down and get the objective. If healers are constantly having to cleanse themselves and others, they aren't healing.

If you are ignoring group objectives to pad stats, yeah, that's not good. But that is a pretty rare occurrence. Usually accomplishing objectives goes hand-in-hand with good stats.

It's probably already been said (can't be bothered to read). But if you're looking to get highest DPS then you're playing wrong. You should be playing as a team, trying to complete the objectives of the game and then, and then only should you be happy if you managed to get highest DPS through those.

If I go madness and just run around the whole game throwing DoTs etc, I could probably near 800k damage. Though, doing so is very, very boring.

If you are ignoring objectives and trying to run around dotting everyone, you are going to get isolated and killed a lot. This is not a good way to win or pad stats.

In lowbie PvP (Since I haven't hit 50, and there are lots of other 50s on this thread, so don't hate :p) I generally get around 300k playing objective (Level 38 Madness) and could get more if I didn't play objective. I'm not in artifact min/maxed. Just use wrath procs on crushing darkness and if you have more than 4 seconds on the CD of Crushing Darkness, I personally use lightning strike while moving with wrath proc. Deathfield as much as possible and get as many targets as possible. Force Lightning everything, and tab doting tanks and their guarded players. It's quite easy, if you don't facetank and use medpacks + unnatural preservation as much as possible.

Have fun!