[Bug] Game Update 5.6: Various Chestpieces Have Colors Switched

Glzmo

Some Chest pieces have had their colors/palette switched in Game Update 5.6.

Instead of the Robe remaining brown it's now colored the secondary dye color and the parts on the armor that used to be colored the secondary dye color are now brown like the robe was (I suspect you have mistakenly switched Color #2 and #3). Note that only chest pieces seem to be affected, the rest of the armor pieces still seem to have the proper colors/palette.

The following pieces are confirmed to be affected (and likely others that use the same model and color scheme):

• Resolute Guardian Robes (Cartel Market item)
  • Jedi Stormguard's Chestguard
  • Jedi Battlelord's Chestguard
  • Guardian's Exalted Body Armor
  • Guardian's Birthright Body Armor

Please restore the colors/palette for all affected armors to the way it was ASAP so our Jedi don't look like clowns in some of the nicest looking Jedi Armors in the game!

The /bug Report has also been submitted in the game.

Edited by Glzmo

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

The team is looking into the color switch that happened on some chest pieces. We are looking at getting it addressed as soon as we can (but it will require a patch) and the goal is that we will just revert it back to how it looked previously.

I will pass on more info as I have it.

-eric

Hey folks,

The team is looking into the color switch that happened on some chest pieces. We are looking at getting it addressed as soon as we can (but it will require a patch) and the goal is that we will just revert it back to how it looked previously.

-eric

Please also let them check what's wrong with some eye colors, particularly on non-humans.

Hey folks,

-eric

Please remember to add Bastila Shan's to this fix, because it has a similar issue (color of the armor has changed from orange to grey for some reason in the outfit designer).

Edited by FlavivsAetivs

Instead of the Robe remaining brown it's now colored the secondary dye color and the parts on the armor that used to be colored the secondary dye color are now brown like the robe was (I suspect you have mistakenly switched Color #2 and #3). Note that only chest pieces seem to be affected, the rest of the armor pieces still seem to have the proper colors/palette.

The following pieces are confirmed to be affected (and likely others that use the same model and color scheme):

Please restore the colors/palette for all affected armors to the way it was ASAP so our Jedi don't look like clowns in some of the nicest looking Jedi Armors in the game!

Valiant Jedi chest piece (cartel market armor) also needs to be added to this list.

Edited by Plastic_Fork

• 1 month later...

It is not just chestpieces. The stripe on the codpiece of the Resolute Guardian Greaves now dyes with primary dyes instead of secondary, so legpieces are also affected.

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

Bumping this after seeing it was more recently bumped and has a Dev response. Still an issue 1/13/2020.

I remember when the swatches were bugged, but BW this is almost 3 years since this has been reported!

Edited by Kibaken

• 4 weeks later...

As of 6.0.2a, this bug is still present. Bioware posted in this thread over 2 years ago, and there is nothing to show for it. What the hell is going on?

They damn well know it exists. I've seen it on display in some of their promotional material. We deserve an explanation.

Edited by Tofu_Shark