DEVS: PLEASE, PLEASE turn off Legacy nag screen!!!

adrianvacaliuc

PLEASE! I'm serious. Every time I do anything, I have the legacy window come up. I can't even esc key out of it because the escape key dismisses all the OTHER windows before it dismisses the legacy screen.

WHY, WHY, WHY!?!?!?!?!?

I don't want to put a legacy name right now. I don't know what I want for one, and it has been said that there is no way to change it. Because of that, I don't want to put in something stupid and turn off displaying it.

If you insist on nagging me, fine, do it ONCE when I log in.

Hammering me over and over about it is miserable. PLEASE STOP. If I haven't put one in in the last 3 weeks, I'm not going to so STOP TELLING ME TO. PLEASE, for the love of god!

Why can't you have a "don't tell me again" checkbox like the phasing area stuff. Seriously, this SUCKS.

Simple way to get rid of it, don't pick a stupid name. Here we can help you out...

maybe a last name from your favorite author, actor, movie character(except from star wars), from your favorite book, another word in a different language.

PLEASE! I'm serious. Every time I do anything, I have the legacy window come up. I can't even esc key out of it because the escape key dismisses all the OTHER windows before it dismisses the legacy screen.

WHY, WHY, WHY!?!?!?!?!?

I don't want to put a legacy name right now. I don't know what I want for one, and it has been said that there is no way to change it. Because of that, I don't want to put in something stupid and turn off displaying it.

If you insist on nagging me, fine, do it ONCE when I log in.

Hammering me over and over about it is miserable. PLEASE STOP. If I haven't put one in in the last 3 weeks, I'm not going to so STOP TELLING ME TO. PLEASE, for the love of god!

Why can't you have a "don't tell me again" checkbox like the phasing area stuff. Seriously, this SUCKS.

I often wonder why gamers are such dramma queens. Seriously.

You take the time to post this rediculously child like tantrum, but not enough time to read the forums or to follow current SWTOR events to know that legacy name change is coming. and that currently the only way to do it is to sumbit a ticket.

WHY, WHY, WHY!?!?!?!?!?

I don't want to put a legacy name right now. I don't know what I want for one,.

PLEASE STOP. If I haven't put one in in the last 3 weeks, I'm not going to so STOP TELLING ME TO. PLEASE, for the love of god!

Most important request ever... NOT.

Type "Whinynerd" and hit enter. Problem solved.

You know you can NOT display any Legacy name you pick?

I don't want to put in something stupid and turn off displaying it.

Yep, he wrote that he did not want to do that. I don't see why people are coming down hard on the dude. This is a perfectly legitimate request. Especially if his first 5 choices were already taken. I'd probably take a month to pick a name I really liked.

Edited by Qonor

Yep, he wrote that he did not want to do that. I don't see why people are coming down hard on the dude. This is a perfectly legitimate request. Especially if his first 5 choices were already taken. I'd probably take a month to pick a name I really liked.

He also said he never felt like getting a Legacy name because the concept doesn't fit my characters. If the name he picks doesn't fit his character then he don't have to show it. Listen this is a game mechanic. Just like a character name. They didn't let him play the game because he couldn't come up with a name he liked did it?

Agreed.

This is a interface design issue.

Not only by not having an option to come back to later and not continue to be notified but the fact of the way the escape function focuses on the windows in this game. It often does NOT escape out of the window in focus. I am at a loss as to figure out how it determins which window it will close. Poor design endemic to more than this instance.

As to all the negative comments by all the other 1337 players who never complain or make mistakes, well hat3rz are going to hat3. :rolleyes:

OP your complaint is legitimate not only for the main reason you stated but the fact that it reveals other interface design flaws. Thanks for posting this thread.

:)

Edited by Urael

Who needs A MONTH to figure out a stupid nickname to use in a game? Seriously, get a grip.

It´s a game, not finding a name for your first born kid. Even THAT would not take a month to decide.

LOL!

You only have to be a parent for 18 years.

But you are nerd 4 life. You have to live with these choices you know :)

Seriously tho, Took me awhile to decide on my name. At first when I closed it, I didn't think it would come back. I was wrong... It came back with a vengeance.

Edited by GaryCartel

I have to agree with the OP here. Please turn off the legacy name creation screen. We know where it is when we want to look at it, and don't need to see it popped into our faces all the time. Some of us don't want to commit to a last name.

I have to agree with the OP here. Please turn off the legacy name creation screen. We know where it is when we want to look at it, and don't need to see it popped into our faces all the time. Some of us don't want to commit to a last name.

Then they need to also change it that you cannot gain Legacy XP unless you make a choice.

Who needs A MONTH to figure out a stupid nickname to use in a game? Seriously, get a grip.

It´s a game, not finding a name for your first born kid. Even THAT would not take a month to decide.

I've chosen character names hastily in the past, and have then grown to dislike my character to the point that I no longer feel like playing it. And eventually I delete it and recreate. It kinda sucks.

It's the OP's $15, so he can take as long as he wants to choose. For some people, "feel" makes or breaks the game, for others, it's balance, PvP, continually adding content, graphics, UI modding, etc.

Also, for those of us who plan on playing ONE character (no alts) for several years, and have low creativity, choosing a name can be tough. And a Legacy name even moreso.

Edited by Qonor

I've chosen character names hastily in the past, and have then grown to dislike my character to the point that I no longer feel like playing it. And eventually I delete it and recreate. It kinda sucks.

It's the OP's $15, so he can take as long as he wants to choose. For some people, "feel" makes or breaks the game, for others, it's balance, PvP, continually adding content, graphics, UI modding, etc.

Also, for those of us who plan on playing ONE character (no alts) for several years, and have low creativity, choosing a name can be tough. And a Legacy name even moreso.

You are correct. But the game design was for him to pick a legacy name. If he wants to take his time to get one then he would have to deal with the pop ups. If he wants to make such a fuss and wishes BioWare to ease his pain they should also ease his pain of gaining Legacy points. Just as you can't gain XP on your character until you pick a name for it you should not gain legacy XP until you pick a legacy name.

You are correct. But the game design was for him to pick a legacy name. If he wants to take his time to get one then he would have to deal with the pop ups. If he wants to make such a fuss and wishes BioWare to ease his pain they should also ease his pain of gaining Legacy points. Just as you can't gain XP on your character until you pick a name for it you should not gain legacy XP until you pick a legacy name.

TBH, if it were me and three weeks had passed (as the OP stated) and I still had no Legacy name, I would make it my HW to think of a name. I wouldn't log in without deciding on one.