Changing font size in game

KarrisThanor

Just adding one more voice to the text size issue

I have a 42 inch lcd tv and I also have a computer moniter 20 inches away from me and I still can't read the text

For the sake of older eyes Please fix this

The game is good but not worth getting laser surgery to play it

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've known my glasses need updating for a while (It's a slow progression, I can still read these forums and others fine, but other text of the same size gets fuzzy when I try to read it depending on contrast.). However, I absolutely cannot read the tooltips at a distance normally experienced using my desktop. Leaning in all the time just gives me a backache.

Anyway, I support font size changes and I'll stop whining now :D.

I am middle aged and have a hard time seeing the font as well. The amount of eye strain has kept me from being able to play the game well enough to keep up with friends and guild mates. My work around has been to ask my friend to give me a brief on tool tips and conversations. I feel like I am imposing on them. Edited by Val_Den

Add my wife and my /sign to this as well.

They need to add some type of font size adjustment to the entire UI, not just the chat box. We are also middle aged... and the text in the cut scenes, tooltips, vendors etc is way too small!

Agreed. A UI scale needs to be added. One of the developer blogs had said that we would have the option to change our font sizes, so I'm not sure why we don't. Also, how do you change the chat font size?

Right-click on the chat tab at the top of the chat window and you should get a drop-down menu that includes a "Font Size" option.

I have been struggling for a while now to change the entire game font size to larger than it is at default. It is way too small for me to see. I managed to adjust the chat font size, but everything else is super tiny. Help please

You can't. The people making this game think its only kids with ultra vision who play it apparently.

Try World of Warcraft, you can change all aspects there, getting readable text is nothing but a mod away.

I don't think you can right now other than changing your resolution, but hopefully it's a feature they will add as I can't read some of the smaller UI and tooltip texts either.

Why do people always say "change resolution" ? Ever try it? IT DOESN'T WORK - they just scale the interface so it takes up the same physical amount of space. ie, doesn't get larger.