biochem question about epics

tehedibleone

The re-useable medkits require a certain level in biochem to use then (like biochem (60) in your example). Only characters with the biochem crafting skill at the required level can use them. So, they are only useful to biochemists. They can be sold or traded to other biochemists who dont want to go through the trouble of making them.

That sounds like working as designed. The reusables have always been designed to be used only by a biochemist. However, it use to be, and maybe still is on higher lvl ones, that these were Bind_On_Pickup, makin it only useable by the Biochemist creator. So if it is now, BOE with a craft restriction like you stated, then it is even better for this will allow a trade between biochemist to occur which gives the item a tradeable value without destroying the market for consumables, which would happen if eveyone could use the reusables.

I am a biochemist and I approve this feature.

Since your question was answered already OP, could you anser a quick onr got mre. Where do you train the reusable medpacs, and did you get alien blood from diplomacy?

The reusable (and blue) schematics are obtained through reverse engineering. Took me maybe 5-10 to get the blue...and probably 10-15 to get the purple from reverse engineering the blue one.

Alien Blood is from diplomacy but its a rare item so it might have taken me 10-20 missions to get what I needed. (Can't remember exactly....only I was annoyed at how long it was taking).

The reusable (and blue) schematics are obtained through reverse engineering. Took me maybe 5-10 to get the blue...and probably 10-15 to get the purple from reverse engineering the blue one.

Alien Blood is from diplomacy but its a rare item so it might have taken me 10-20 missions to get what I needed. (Can't remember exactly....only I was annoyed at how long it was taking).

ok thanks. that makes sense. that seems like a lot. trying to decide if its even worth making the purple ones at lower levels. maybe wait till the 30s version of the re-usable medpac. I remember needing to use medpacs more and more during class missions in my late 20s.

That sounds like working as designed. The reusables have always been designed to be used only by a biochemist. However, it use to be, and maybe still is on higher lvl ones, that these were Bind_On_Pickup, makin it only useable by the Biochemist creator. So if it is now, BOE with a craft restriction like you stated, then it is even better for this will allow a trade between biochemist to occur which gives the item a tradeable value without destroying the market for consumables, which would happen if eveyone could use the reusables.

I am a biochemist and I approve this feature.

its not that i disapprove of this feature but they are already for sale on our server for like a little over 1000 credits making them useless other than crafting one for yourself (i say this cause the hardest part was the alien blood and i got those in 15 minutes maybe). Also with so many other crafting professions and ease of getting them there wont be a market to sell to other biochems unless they beef up whats needed and make the stuff super rare. i love the idea of a crafting perk like this but not necessarily in this way, the ones only useable by other biochems should be like there own line of stuff to craft rather than in the consumables line that can be traded...i guess i just want to make epic purps for trade rather than prototype blues...

• 6 months later...
How the heck (read a stronger swearword if you like) are Biochemists meant to make any credits if consumable epics are only any sodding good to another BIOCHEMIST who, if they are worth their salt, will have already learnt this schematic. Are other crafts penalised in this way? No-one is going to spend any serious credits on Adrenals that only last 15 seconds, BUT an adrenal that is reusable is a different matter and will be on CD and actually worth something. Come on bioware sort it out.

Biochemist is an end game raiding/PVP tradeskill. Once you hit a certain gear point then all other tradeskills become worthless to you while biochem will still be useful. Make all your reusable stims and medpacs and then pick up Slicing and Treasure Hunting if you want to make money......