I miss Star Wars Galaxies :(

GolgoThirteen

I rather like SW:TOR, but I really miss SWG.

I miss my bio engineer/creature handler and my teras kasi/pistoleer. I miss finding the best spots for my mining rigs and crafting über items. I miss crazy world PvP and going to cantinas and chatting then tipping the entertainer and heading out into the wastes. I miss player cities.

I don't miss the NGE.

Anyway, misty eyed nostalgia over with. See you on the galactic battlefields.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i had a carbineer/creature handler and tera kasi/pistoleer/fencer i miss those but i miss the craftin...no one has ever done that before,as well as the player cities...i WISH another game would implement those....i sure hope they come out with guild ships soon!!

I can say I miss the Eclipse TNJO and starsider's white thunder but SWG has nothing to do really with those groups it is just now harder to find SWG friends like rowook and the like to regroup in TOR. With SWG ending my little book of RPers is lost I only know about 30% of the people I used to hang with that are confirmed in TOR.

Heathen. NGE killed the game. But I still respect you ;)

The term your looking for is heretic by the way, and I disagree I played both and the pre-CU was a total grind fest and was a pain in the *** the NGE brought better changes and made it more entertaining, most ppl who hate the NGE are just pissed off cuz the game changed, if you don't like change I feel sorry for you because every day the world changes and you must be in constant pain.

SWG was a horrid game from the start...tried it a few times over it's life span...just a huge disappointment all over. Terribly done.

The NGE improved the game but even then it was still just a WoW in the star wars universe,bioware makes my favorite games, my top ten favorite games of all time are almost all bioware made games, a few betheda are in there. I love the improvement of SWTOR, I will say SWTOR is better than SWG but that does not mean I didn't like SWG, I had some great memories of that game but it's gone now and im not going to sit on my *** and complain about it. instead im going to sit on my *** and play SWTOR.

As much as I am enjoying this game, the fact that keeps nagging in the back of my mind is what are we going to do to entertain ourselves after we level up? in SWG you and your guild wrote your own story, did your own thing, made your own adventures. PVP was real. Nothing was controlled, there was a real economy that matched real world economic affects.

I keep finding myself missing so many things from SWG as I play this game. The one thing I am happy for is our guild has reconstituted itself after our years of wandering aimlessly after SWG published the NGE. No cantinas to hang out in (not ones that matter anyhow), no banks, no fly wherever you want in space, no travel wherever you want on any planet, no cities, no homes, no guild halls, no shops, no planetary control, no player bases to destroy, no.... well I better stop whining.... there will probably never be another SWG.

Thank God for Bioware and SWTOR.