How many of each role do you have in your 8 man group

I am running a raiding group that is casual with casual players. I want a little help deciding how many tanks, healers, dps i should have. I was thinking of 2 tank, 4 dps, 2 healers. But it seems like that is to little dps. So i was thinking cut one tank/healer to mare room for a 5 dps. I think 2 healers are needed, but is 1 tank fine. Just tell what you think is the best set up. I dont want to have to kick out someone because i discoverd that i dont need him. Thanks

Well, one Tank is usually enough in normal and with some exercise also in Hardmode.

Maybe bring one Hybrid Tank for Trash, though keep two healers. I doubt one can do the job alone, without suffering a heart attack.

The randomness alone in SoA with mind traps and getting thrown in the air would make P3 a pain in the butt for a solo healer. The other 2 phases don't take much healing at all, heck P3 doesn't take much either but imagine the horrid RNG of having the only healer be in every mind trap... Ive had it happen thankfully we had 2 heals.

We usually run 1 tank, 1 off-tank, 4 pure dps, 1 healer, 1 off-healer.

The off-tank is typically just a class that can spec for tanking, but may or may not actually be spec'd for it. The off-healer is typically a fully spec'd healer, but they spend most of each fight DPSing, switching to healing at points where the raid starts taking heavy damage. For instance on Gharj the off-tank is fulltime DPS, and the off-healer does DPS most of the fight, helping out with heals only when there are adds out.

I solo heal all of Eternity Vault normal including Soa. We have a DPS class who has the ability to throw off a heal, but is not specced for it in the cases where I am incapacitated (Mind Trapped/Whirlwind).

We also run with two tanks however one of them is always doing DPS, and is only around for if the MT gets incapacitated. And we also run slightly biased to ranged DPS, with a token Sentinel/Shadow around occasionally.

Now hard/nightmare are another story, and we bring 2 healers and vary our raid makeup based on who is geared for it.

Regards,

KK

EV is built for 2 healers, 4 DPS and 2 tanks. Just look at the council fights of destiny. 4 Marauders for the 4 DPS, 2 Assassins for the 2 healers and 2 juggs for the 2 tanks.

However I always respec as dps from tank spec as only 1 tank is really needed at any point in time.