Social Points...What am I doing wrong

aerobat

So I am a level 19 smuggler, doesn't really matter, but I just got my ship and I am STILL trying to get that one damn mission done, "Buy a Social Badge and Use it." I have grouped with people for quests and I have still not received any social points or grown my social level. What am I doing wrong?

Do I need to be in the group before we begin the initial convo for the quest? Can I just share the quest with someone? I know I am being a bit of a pain but I am anal about getting all of my quests done before moving on in the story. Thanks in advance for the help!

You need to engage in the group conversations - and you can't rush ahead to start them without your groupmembers. I've found that this is best achieved in flashpoints. Just make sure you're waiting for others to join before starting the conversation.

I play 100% of the time with another person, we quest, do heroic quests (but hardly any flashpoints -- I think we've done two total) and we're both at Social III and nearly at Social IV. By comparison, our guild mates which have mostly solo'd and done flashpoints are at Social I and have barely any social points.

The social points I've acquired happen when I'm grouped and my partner and I (or people we're playing with) have a conversation with an NPC. When the NPC requests dialogue choices, we each make our choice and then the game auto-rolls to determine whose character gets to reply to the NPC, speak, and further the conversation. In a two person group, whoever wins the roll gets 4 points, whoever loses the roll gets 2 points (I believe this increases to 6, 8, etc. depending how many people you have in your party). From what I've seen, so long as we're in the conversation together, we always get social points for the win or loss on dialogue choices. This happens even if we hand in the quest the day after we've completed it, and thus have disbanded our group between play times.

Despite the win or loss of rolls, with two people grouped 100% of their play time, the most we ever have is a four point difference at any given time, so the amount of social points acquired is fairly even.

The one thing I can tell you is that you need to ensure that the person you're partied with is in the conversation with you (make sure you both have a green check before you start the conversation). If you're in a party of four, you can still have a dialogue exchange as long as two players are present to start the conversation, but if you are not both making decisions on the turn of the conversation, you won't acquire points.

Edited by Lycaena

Probably a very stupid question to most of you, but I too still have the quest to purchase a social badge and just have never got around to doing it and I'm lvl 29 :eek:

What do Social Points give me??

Some odd gear including rather intriguing dancing outfits for your companions.

Some odd gear including rather intriguing dancing outfits for your companions.

If that's all it is.. I'm not too concerned about it.. I didn't know if it gave me more exp or credits

Thx for your response.. I'll still make it back to DK at some point to get the social badge