Armstech and GTN

Stryges

So, thought I would ask the few people who still have armstech what, if anything, they are selling on the GTN.

Right now I have 4 or 5 purple techblade recipes that I am selling, but it is hit or miss, and the other moron armstechs on my server have basically destroyed the market for those.

What about barrels? Are there any that are profitable?

What about particular levels of items? Anyone found a level range that is consistently profitable?

I sell low-level blue blasters for 1000 apiece (10-15 level range) and more recently blue level 41 Reflex Barrels for 6000 apiece, which is less than the default value that the game puts it at when I put it in market.

I haven't had any luck reverse engineering higher level guns for some reason, I'd like to be able to make some 40s-range purples but have yet to even get a blue schematic after ~40 green guns rev engineered.

Aside from techblades and shotguns, the next best bet is aim barrels (not enough smugg/agent pop to sell very many skill barrels). Though be prepared to sell em for dirt cheap, otherwise no one will be bothered with em.

Techstaves will occasionally sell, but it's mostly Techblades. I've sold a few 30's and low 40's Aim barrels, but generally people don't want to pay enough to make it profitable selling anything but raw materials.

My hope is that the market for barrels will pick up considerably once the legacy system starts encouraging people to create new alts.

Anything that is level 31 usually sells well.

Level 31 is about the level most players conclude act 1 of their story quest. It's also a good level to upgrade because the next available color crystal comes in at level 31, so you can do a complete tech refresh at that stage.

So I tend to sell a lot of goods centered around that level.

Other than that, I still sell purple barrels of grade 22 to keep me in the market.

Anything that is level 31 usually sells well.

Level 31 is about the level most players conclude act 1 of their story quest. It's also a good level to upgrade because the next available color crystal comes in at level 31, so you can do a complete tech refresh at that stage.

So I tend to sell a lot of goods centered around that level.

Other than that, I still sell purple barrels of grade 22 to keep me in the market.

Good point on the level 31, I will keep that in mind.

I used to sell the grade 22 barrels, but the market is hit or miss with it. Also, the poster who pointed out that aim barrels were better had a good tip as well.

I think that barrels are the most useful at this moment with Armstech. Many toons have companions that need minor upgrades, but it is hit or miss with barrels. Certain levels they are the most attractive, other levels they are not. I guess it depends on the competition (which includes NPC badge venders). At level 50, barrels, especially purple ones would be interesting for those whose toons need them, and their companions.

My Marauder level 49, has an operative companion (so I need Cunning barrels) and an BH-like companion, which needs +Aim barrels. I will try to give them the best gear to make PvE questing easier.

I think that barrels are the most useful at this moment with Armstech. Many toons have companions that need minor upgrades, but it is hit or miss with barrels. Certain levels they are the most attractive, other levels they are not. I guess it depends on the competition (which includes NPC badge venders). At level 50, barrels, especially purple ones would be interesting for those whose toons need them, and their companions.

My Marauder level 49, has an operative companion (so I need Cunning barrels) and an BH-like companion, which needs +Aim barrels. I will try to give them the best gear to make PvE questing easier.

The problem with this is that if they plan ahead, they know they spend a half hour doing dailies and get better barrels, so spending money on them is a waste.

Heres a quick list of Armstech stuff that sells for me on the Empire. I normally stay away from most lev 50 main items due to overflooding and price gouging.

Vibroswords 11-50 Epic versions. (Veracity)

TechStaffs 37-50 Epic versions. (Expert/Endowment) Companion weapons sell well.

TechBlades 50 Epic Versions (Veracity)

All the dropped schematics lev 25-39 listed below.

Blue Vibroknives x 3 - Lev 25 and 2 x lev 37

I sell the lev 25 for 12k and 37 for 17.5k.

Pistols - M 412 Elite Watchman Interceptor(Overkill) Lev 39

- N 12 Combat Saboteur(Overkill) Lev 39

- A 415 Heavy Sonic Blaster (Redoubt,Veracity) Lev 39

- H 44 Elite Recon Shrieker (Overkill) Lev 37

These all sell really well. 15-20k normal 25-30k augmented.

I also sell mixed epic versions of other Pistol/Blaster/Sniper rifles depending on whats available on the GTN at the time.

On another note... I've bought about 500 lev 340 Investigation missions in the hope that Armstech is actually made more useful at 50.

Heres a quick list of Armstech stuff that sells for me on the Empire. I normally stay away from most lev 50 main items due to overflooding and price gouging.

Vibroswords 11-50 Epic versions. (Veracity)

TechStaffs 37-50 Epic versions. (Expert/Endowment) Companion weapons sell well.

TechBlades 50 Epic Versions (Veracity)

All the dropped schematics lev 25-39 listed below.

Blue Vibroknives x 3 - Lev 25 and 2 x lev 37

I sell the lev 25 for 12k and 37 for 17.5k.

Pistols - M 412 Elite Watchman Interceptor(Overkill) Lev 39

- N 12 Combat Saboteur(Overkill) Lev 39

- A 415 Heavy Sonic Blaster (Redoubt,Veracity) Lev 39

- H 44 Elite Recon Shrieker (Overkill) Lev 37

These all sell really well. 15-20k normal 25-30k augmented.

I also sell mixed epic versions of other Pistol/Blaster/Sniper rifles depending on whats available on the GTN at the time.

On another note... I've bought about 500 lev 340 Investigation missions in the hope that Armstech is actually made more useful at 50.

Good list. I wonder if the demand for knives will keep going down or not. I had forgotten about shotguns on the Republic side (which is sad, since I am a scoundrel!), but that is a good idea too.

I have sold 4 rancor x blaster rifles (124 raing) for 160-170k apart :) So you can earn some money on armstech

Did you crit on them? Are those the orange ones? Does that mean you spent 12 biometric crystals on them?

It is still pathetic that all our orange recipes require biometric crystals, unlike synth and armor.

The problem with this is that if they plan ahead, they know they spend a half hour doing dailies and get better barrels, so spending money on them is a waste.

Not while leveling, or at least not as good as crafted (since they're usually a few levels behind through mod commendation vendors and purples aren't available).

On the sith side, Vette needs skill barrels, so there's usually a good market for those. Don't know about the other barrels.

Not while leveling, or at least not as good as crafted (since they're usually a few levels behind through mod commendation vendors and purples aren't available).

On the sith side, Vette needs skill barrels, so there's usually a good market for those. Don't know about the other barrels.

You are right about during the leveling process, it is just annoying that the best thing we can make for a level 50 is replaced by a half hour of work once they reach 50.

How do you get those purple recipies? I have RE'ed so much stuff. I am happy if I get a blue recipe after RE over 30 greens. Now that I reached lvl400 I see there is nothing usefull I can craft at all. People say barrels but most people use purple or blue guns. They do not use barrels.

You are right about during the leveling process, it is just annoying that the best thing we can make for a level 50 is replaced by a half hour of work once they reach 50.

If it's belsavis you can even start as early as lvl 47, depending on how you go about it, your gear(and that of companion) class makes it quite doable to even solo the heroic + 2 class, the other dailies can be soloed regardless.

The nice thing about the heroic +2 one is the fact that it gives you a purple mod as well and well the ones you can buy from the mission support vendor is 8 commendations.

So repeat every 2 days or so and you can buy 1.