Drexel Sweep space mission, what's up wit this ???

Really, if you do spacemissions like these, build up to that difficulty bioware and don't go from difficulty easy / normal in previous missions, to ultra hard at once with this one. It really sucks the fun out of this game, like this. Me doing my best to get best equipment and then suddenly you get crushed like an ant by a overkill difficulty degree. Do you really think that I'm looking for frustration in a game ? Get real !

Yep, skipped that one too after the first 3, 4 failed attempts with layer 5 equipment. All other space missions are doable (at least for me) but this one is just insane. So, before frustration comsumes you, just skip it until they fix it. There are enough other space missions available after all. :)

Cheers, Niko

Yes, my guild said so too. Apparently with a extra upgrade (above the level 5 upgrades, I have now) and a whole lot of luck, it can be done. It really needs to be fixed, or I will skip them all together. But it's frustrating, I'm putting a lot of hours in this game, to get a bit stronger and as a thank you, the enemies, get twice the boosts, that I get. It's getting really old, really fast like this. Will play some more, but not getting excited about this kind of difficulty build up, that's for sure.

Buy the upgrade which makes you able to transfer power to weapons or to shield. When there are many enemies, transfer to shield and move around a lot, don't try to shoot. When there are few enemies or the enemies aren't shooting, transfer to weapons and you will be able to kill enough for the objectives.

(Power coverter was the best upgrade I ever bought.)

Yeah, I've done this, and it is a pain. The way I did it was pretty much ALL missiles. You try to use your guns in anything except the beginning, you are toast. Keep your shield up, and when you hit that straightaway part where there is a ton of them coming in from the front, that's when you use your 10-seconds of targeting immunity, and almost immediately after use your EMP. Even then I usually finish with like maybe 10%.

Oh sweet jesus this one was fuuuuun.

Spoilers in case you don't want to know my little solution to this headache.

Don't feel bad man; this was the first mission I wiped on. Felt bad.

I advise that you work on dodging as much fire as you can while focusing on the most threatening targets. Don't use your 10 second Electronic Warfare Pod at the start or you'll miss it later on the mission (the part right after you first pass the capital ship... you know the part I mean).

Also, your EMP blast should be used as you see fit, but I personally like to use it while attacking the capital ship. It should make short work of the ships turrets and will let your shields recharge a little faster providing you don't shoot.

One of the big things I notice that helps a lot is that you should switch your Power Conversion Module to regen shields faster every chance you get, whether it be a lull in combat or if you only have to shoot down 1-2 targets (use missiles as your lasers will make your shield charge more slowly).

Other than that, the fighter's do more damage collectively than just the advanced enemy ship, so you can focus that last.

Really, if you do spacemissions like these, build up to that difficulty bioware and don't go from difficulty easy / normal in previous missions, to ultra hard at once with this one. It really sucks the fun out of this game, like this. Me doing my best to get best equipment and then suddenly you get crushed like an ant by a overkill difficulty degree. Do you really think that I'm looking for frustration in a game ? Get real !

You just need to do a lot of "switching" with your shields (Going from an offensive stance to a defensive stance) and you need to save your EMP for when you know you are going to get targeted by the capital ship. It is a bit gimmicky. The upside is once you complete it the first time you'll be able to complete it every time with ease.

In addition to switching to shield mode, just shoot them before they shoot you. I think we have a greater range than they do, so you should have a window of a couple seconds to thin their numbers before they get into their own attack range.

But yeah several people I talked to said they were turned off of space missions because of that one. I had to give it a couple tries, too.

Edited by Stenrik