Jedi Battle-Lord or Jedi Valiant Armor???

GalaxyStrong

If Battlelord had a hood down variant, it'd be a close call. I kind of like the sleeker look of the Valiant armor, although the more armored look of the Battlelord set would fit a tank character well.

Without the hood down variant, Valiant, hands down, no question.

Valiant

Slimmer than Battlelord's (only boots are same).

Hood down

Shiny armor

lovely robe colour

No belt over the robe

Makes you look like an archetypal Jedi from the era.

Allows you to enjoy looking at your character's head during cinematics without the necessity of wearing hideous outfits without hoods.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

The valiant armor is by far my favorite, as it looks like the armor used by The Jedi in the Sith intro movie and the armor used by Satele's master in the game intro. Only difference is some detail and a different colour scheme. Which is actually more similar to the Jedi Battlelord armor. The fact that the Valiant armor has the belt under the robe also makes it much better, as it looks more realistic. I mean, who would have their belt over their robe?

The physics also looks much better with the belt under the robe, and it is not as armored as the battlelord armor. Don't get me wrong though, I do really like the battlelord armor, and I have had the whole set for a very long time, but with the hood up model it is no question on what armor I would use.

The Valiant armor is really how I envisioned my Jedi Knight to look like before the game got released, Now I just wish I could replay the class story with this armor.

As somebody mentioned, the Battlelord's needs a hood-down variant. In addition, the Battlelord's has a clipping issue for female body type 2, the back doesn't snap properly to the left shoulder-blade. It appears propped up on the left should armor.

So yeah, Valiant.

The Valiant Gear is easily the best looking armor set in the game right now... going at it like Ven Zallow, what more to ask for?

Extremely unfair that the sith alternative is just a cheap remodelled version of a set that already exists in so many different ways - they should've gotten the Darth Malgus look instead.

The Valiant Gear is easily the best looking armor set in the game right now... going at it like Ven Zallow, what more to ask for?

Extremely unfair that the sith alternative is just a cheap remodelled version of a set that already exists in so many different ways - they should've gotten the Darth Malgus look instead.

If you look at most of the gear that has been coming to the CM lately, it is actually a bit weird that we did get the Valiant armor. The Sith Warrior armor is the same as the one they use in the character creation. The new Smuggler, Imp Agent, Consular and Sith Inq armors are also those seen in the character creation screen.

I wonder if the armor shown in the JK character creation screen will also be available soon, but I bet that trooper and BH is next to receive new armors.

I actually vastly prefer Battlelord, even with the hood. The lower robe of the Valiant set balloons outward, which is basically tolerable on a male character, but on a female character it makes you look like you strapped a giant bell around your waist. Battlelord hangs straight as gravity pulls it and gives you a stronger, more professional, less "I just walked out of a lawn party in the 1800s Deep South" profile.

Also, pauldrons. I'm a tank, I wear actual full armor, not just a shiny chestplate.

Edited by Quething