It's a "Known Fact"

Foambreaker

It's a known fact there are good players on both sides. I have no idea why this keeps coming up.

I think it keeps coming up because a Republic team with no premades generally stomps an Imperial team with no premades. The question isn't whether there are good players on both sides. The question is the average quality spread across both factions. There seem to be more inexperienced or undergeared players Impside.

At 50 the balance between good and bad shows a lot so if 1-2 players are not pulling their weight you will get steamrolled. As a healer (N'abi) myself I can usually tell in the first fight whether I am dealing with good PVPers or new 50s.

The amount of time I have seen players attacking when they should be capping is annoying. Although I do find it funny having 2 or 3 players constantly beat up on me the entire match. If you get 2 healers working in tandem we can be annoying for any team to take down.

I do believe the pubs have overall the better PVP players and generally queue as groups with a defined strategy whereas us imps to blindly go into the batlle with little or no strategy and play the 50s WZ as though it was pre-50.

It's a known fact there are good players on both sides. I have no idea why this keeps coming up.

No kidding. Idk if its this guy or someone else, but pub fleet chat was full of the same talk yesterday on about three separate occasions.

There's more drama on our server forums than The Real Housewives of Atlanta tv show. I wouldn't know because I haven't watched it, but Manka won't shut up about it.

Oh you don't know what you're missing! Danika and Denny's are on the verge of getting back together!! :eek:

Snip

I think it keeps coming up because a Republic team with no premades generally stomps an Imperial team with no premades. The question isn't whether there are good players on both sides. The question is the average quality spread across both factions. There seem to be more inexperienced or undergeared players Impside.

Or a pub team with no premades stomps an imp team with premades. Sometimes vice versa. The main issue with imperial pvpers isn't gear, that's actually a bigger issue with some of the pub pugs, but lack of skill. And you could attribute it to f2p but lets be honest its been that way for quite a bit before that, after a lot of the imperial pvp guilds died off around August/September. I solo queue a lot on the pub side, and do alright for it. But when on imp side its more difficult to help the team win when its usually just one person doing everything. Their ether sitting on a node farming medals, not cooperating with each other, or don't go for objectives at all. Simple truth is you'll run across that more often in the imp side than the pub side. I don't say this to hate on imps, as I'm originally imp, but its just the current condition of the faction. And believe it or not as much as I don't agree with the actions or attitudes of your guild, I look forward to fighting you because generally that's the only time I, and possibly others, get much of a challenge when fighting imps these days.

I would also call you the best tank on the imperial side. THERE I SAID IT.

<3 *blush*

But anyway, yeah, I think it goes in phases? Sometimes the solo queue is death in either faction. And yes, imp-side seems to have a lot of new 50s coming out of the woodwork, lately. It's awesome! I hope that they don't get too discouraged, and keep at it. I used to hate 50s PvP, and it took me months to love it.

Livia and I were doing some <50s on both sides yesterday and the situation was pretty dire, no matter which faction we were playing.

This, and honestly, I think it's largely the same at 50. So many people play both sides that it's kind of absurd (as Desi said) to keep bringing up "one side is better than the other" stories. I do about the same vs. pubs as I do in imp vs. imp games.

:p

I've noticed Notorious running lots of lowbie premades, but to place blame where it properly belongs: they're actually a mirror-guild of Infamous, a Pub PVP guild.

TLDR: Blame the Pubs. :p

That blame is a little misplaced, while there are a some Notorious mebers who are also in Infamous, they on average are not what you would call "core members" of Infamous...dont hold Infamous responsible for Notorious.

Edited by Kagonesti

That blame is a little misplaced, while there are a some Notorious mebers who are also in Infamous, they on average are not what you would call "core members" of Infamous...dont hold Infamous responsible for Notorious.

I'll blame infamous as much as I want!

Time to semi-necro this thread. Republic pugs are horrible, beyond bad. I have had 10+ warzones in the last week where I didn't know ANYONE. Trust me, I know freaking everyone. It's also a main reason why I havne't been super active. If you guys remember back in november/octoberish Imps were like, terribad. I mean with pugs, the actual guilds were alright. I think all of those less than average joe's re-rolled on the "winning" side. It's pretty funny, but It fluxuates. I'm just raging right now because I lost with nobody I knew on my team, but yeah, republic pugs eat crap right about now.

Time to semi-necro this thread. Republic pugs are horrible, beyond bad. I have had 10+ warzones in the last week where I didn't know ANYONE. Trust me, I know freaking everyone. It's also a main reason why I havne't been super active. If you guys remember back in november/octoberish Imps were like, terribad. I mean with pugs, the actual guilds were alright. I think all of those less than average joe's re-rolled on the "winning" side. It's pretty funny, but It fluxuates. I'm just raging right now because I lost with nobody I knew on my team, but yeah, republic pugs eat crap right about now.

Not as bad as imp pugs. Go queue over there for a week and then see how it is. :p we have very few bad pugs compared to the imps who have very few good pugs. But I do agree a lot of the bads have rerolled to get a free ride.

And you also have to realize that not everyone gets their breakfast at Denny's. That's a 10% buff they're missing out on. :rak_03:

Edited by PoliteAssasin