Blood hunt is total garbage! Take it out of the game!

This threat is mainly as an opportunity for players to protest this garbage flashpoint and get Bioware to remove it, since it is obviously beyond their capabilities to fix.

Here is what just happened to me in Blood Hunt:

I was playing with a group of 2 others. I was using Khem Val to tank. Here's the obvious point in which it bugged out and ruined the entire game. Joss and Baulk. This fight has never worked right.

During the fight, when both bosses drop back into the ring together Khem Val simply disappeared. He was not knocked off of the platform. He just vanished. I could still see him as alive in my user interface, and he was locked in combat. At this time Joss and Baulk reset themselves and were standing in the center of the platform. My group mates were able to exit the flashpoint and quit group, but my character is at this moment stuck in that stupid garbage flashpoint. I can't log out of the game, or quit the game. I was able to force quit the game, but I cannot log in any character other than the one that is stuck in Blood Hunt. The game won't let me.

I re logged in that character and ran it back to the flashpoint start. I clicked on the exit post , but could not exit the flashpoint. The game kept registering me as in combat, even though Khem had now vanished from my user interface as if he was dismissed. Then I tried /stuck to kill my character and attempt to break combat that way. My character died, but I am still locked in combat and cannot go to the med center. I cannot log out of the game. I cannot leave that stupid flashpoint that my guildmates and I usually 99% of the time quit at the start, because it is broken garbage. I have to force quit the game to leave it. I still cannot log in any other character as the game keeps telling me that my character inside Blood Hunt is still logged in, and I have to log that character out before I can log in another. I can't play the game, so I am going to play Fallout 4 instead.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

LOOK BIOWARE! I have been a paying customer for a year and a half at least. Fix this garbage and give me a free month's subscription as restitution, since I cannot even play the game that I am paying for.. Get your priorities straight and correct these bugs to make the game playable. Make new content after you fix the current game.

Hire some people that know what they are doing and can handle maintaining and developing this game, because it is apparent that you don't have those people now. I've kept silent on this for far too many months of bad gameplay and decided that it is time to let you have it!

If you don't have the capabilities to fix this flashpoint, which was never fun in the first place, then take it out of the game and replace it with something else. Everyone on Ebon Hawk at least will be grateful. Nobody enjoys this flashpoint. Every time I have been unfortunate to randomly get this flashpoint everyone in the group complains about it or quits at the start of it. The Joss and Baulk fight never works. If it does, it's pure luck. The knockback mechanic is far too strong (Too far of a movement for the player characters) and the idea that the player characters' knockback doesn't work is completely idiotic (Most would call it B S).

Blood Hunt is indubitably one of the more difficult flashpoints, I'll grant you that. And I'm sure there are some bugs I personally haven't ever seen. But "total garbage", because YOU can't finish it with a COMP as a tank? Seriously?

No.

Get a real tank and try again. Comp disappearing won't be an issue then, and as everyone knows, comps as tanks are as useful as a Hoth cold remedy on Tatooine.

Blood Hunt is indubitably one of the more difficult flashpoints, I'll grant you that. And I'm sure there are some bugs I personally haven't ever seen. But "total garbage", because YOU can't finish it with a COMP as a tank? Seriously?

No.

Get a real tank and try again. Comp disappearing won't be an issue then, and as everyone knows, comps as tanks are as useful as a Hoth cold remedy on Tatooine.

you say that, but I've had a tank drop out when I was healing a fp on my sorc, and we finished it with my companion with meh influence (20). Khem was easier to heal than the pug tank AND held threat better :p

you say that, but I've had a tank drop out when I was healing a fp on my sorc, and we finished it with my companion with meh influence (20). Khem was easier to heal than the pug tank AND held threat better :p

Companion tanks work well for fights where you don't need to worry about placement. But Jos & Valk has the knockback mechanic (and also the old bug of the companion following them up when they leave) so it's not as easy. :p

Some of you should work on your reading skills and read my entire post before replying foolishly with irrelevant replies such as, "learn to play issue."

The problem with this flashpoint is not difficulty, but bugginess.

It is the bugginess that makes this flashpoint not fun. Also the vastly overpowered knockback of Joss and Baulk makes this flashpoint dreadful.

I was using my companion Khem Val as tank with 2 other players. In the middle of the Joss and Baulk fight Khem Val vanished. He was not knocked off of the platform. He was staning in the center of the platform tanking both Joss and Baulk in the last stage of the fight. Khem suddenly disappeared. POOF! Gone! On my user interface Khem was still alive and present, but in the visible play area he was gone. At that same moment, Joss and Baulk reset and the fight ended, but not for me. For my team mates, the fight was over and they could exit the Flashpoint, which they did. I was however still locked in combat. I was not permitted to exit the flashpoint by the game which believed I was still locked in combat. After my team mates quit this stupid flashpoint, I attempted to suicide myself into the lava below the platform, and that DID NOT break combat either. I selected to go to the nearest medical station and appeared in the hallway as you normally would. I was still locked in combat, even though I died and Khem now appeared as dismissed on my user interface. So I ran to the flashpoint start to try to use the pilon to exit the flashpoint. I clicked the pilon, and teh game denied me to leave the flashpoint telling me that I was still in combat even after Joss and Baulk had reset, Khem was dismissed, and I died. So I tried /stuck. /stuck worked to kill my character, however it created a new problem. I was not even given the option to go to the nearest medical station for resuscitation. Now I was dead, and stuck in the flashpoint. The game would not let me log out, or quit. I had to force quit the game.

When I relogged into the game, I was not allowed to load into any other character. The game stated that my character inside Blood Hunt was still logged into the game.

So I waited an hour and tried to log back into the game. At this point I was able to load in my character which was stuck in Blood Hunt, and appeared back where I was prior to entering that crappy flashpoint.

@ Xcurtx, Kaldron_Fell : foolish and useless comments like those you offered are not only a waste of everyone else's time, but you wasted your own as well.

@ lcharas We had all of the flashpoints checked for the sake of the weekly. If not for being extorted to play those now cliche flashpoints to get crystals (carrot for the jack asses to follow), we would have unchecked that flashpoint. My guild mate convinced me to give the stupid flashpoint a chance even though we typically just quit group and wait out the penalty time and requeue. Honestly, since Bioware turned all of the story mode flashpoints into Tacticals without redesigning them to be tacticals, I have not found any of them to be fun anymore with the exception of Hammer Station and Mandalorian Warriors. Kuat Drive Yards was the model for how a tactical should work, and Bioware should have stuck with that model and created new tactical flashpoints based upon that model. What they did instead was laziness of management, and an executive decision to not spend any resources on game development.

One more important note: There has not been a single occasion since Blood Hunt was turned into a tactical flashpoint in which something in it has not bugged when I or my friends have been in it. Every time one of my guild mates or friends has drawn the short straw in group finder and had Blood hunt, they tell me about it the next time I log into the game. They always have a horror story about how it bugged or the group was so bad that it was uncompletable.

From now on, I am quitting Blood Hunt and not doing it again.

This attitude that Bioware displays about not giving a crap about their customers' satisfaction enough to create a good, reliable, and enjoyable product beyond the game's original development still bothers me greatly.

I have to agree about Blood Hunt. That on e fight, even with a good group, can lead to many issues with completing the FP. Since the FP's are no longer traditional, a group without a tank is usually screwed on that fight. I have quit that FP many times after many attempts at that fight. Yes, I have completed the FP with other groups, but for the most part, I have experienced too many bugs with it. I agree, fix the bugs in it or take it out. There are some that were taken out of the rotation which would be good to have back until Blood Hunt get fixed.

When I relogged into the game, I was not allowed to load into any other character. The game stated that my character inside Blood Hunt was still logged into the game.

when you alt F4 you are not logging the character out you are disconnecting from the serve that is why you had to log back into the character

Also pressing the N key brings up the companion UI so you can summon/de summon the companion, doing this will probably have reset the companion to your position and you would have left combat. And this really does sound like a learn to play issue. bug reset or not the boss resets back to the middle you could just start combat again. and the companion would just teleport back up to you and continue the fight.

i guess you are a sorc. A sin would have used vanish and BAM out of combat

Edited by benmas

It's always a bad idea trying to beat Jos and Valk with a comp.

Yep. This fight is extremely non-friendly to them :D

I use melee companions as heals all stacked in center, usually if you are topped on health they do some dps, if I'm on my sage I ctrl+f them to drop some bubble or rescue them from the knockback. as sagetank the only "problem" is maul with a lot of stacks, but you can burn CDs or force speed away, teleport.

Edited by Alexandrozingsw
last phrase clarification

@ benmas

I tried exactly what you suggested along with every other possible option the game allows and none of it worked.

I was angry, but not "raging." Exagerating that someone who is angered,frustrated, or upset is emotionally sick or "raging" as you said is typically received as insulting. Most people don't actually rage, and neither did I. I've also been playing the game for over 3 years, but only for about 1.5 years as a subscriber. I obviously know how to play. Your accusation that I need to learn how to play is irrelevant to the issue as well as false. Trying to insult a stranger just makes you look bad.

I also couldn't care less what the bosses' names are. I have more important things to remember in life. Call them whatever you want. Jack 'n Jill. Bioware knows which ones I am referring to, and so does everyone that is reading this thread.

The issue obviously is that the game bugged heavily.

What I suspect may have happened. It may be that Khem was knocked straight up by the knockback attack and got stuck in the ceiling. It is possible that Khem might have appeared to vanish if this happened. That may have also bugged the flashpoint harder. It does not explain how Khem did not dismiss after my character died in the lava below or how I remained in combat after death, and after force quitting the game and relogging into the character. It also does not explain why I was not allowed to exit the flashpoint.

I have encountered a lot of bugs associated with this knockback attack. Sometimes a player will receive that knockback and be killed in mid flight from full health even though the player would have landed on the platform. I have also been knocked off of the platform from standing in the dead center of the platform, then fall into the lava and reappear back on the platform without being killed. In one fight I was knocked off of the platform and into the lava twice while evading the area blast markers that appear on your character (the boss charged me and hit me with that knockback). I fell in the lava but did not die and was whisked away back onto the platform magically. (I was playing a Sorcerer Healer at the time so standing In the fight was not a reasonable option.)

Then there is the Rancor that teleports around the arena instead of leaping.

This flashpoint is a bugged up mess of garbage. It's not unreasonable at this point (1 year after Knights Of The Fallen Empire released) to make the demand that the flashpoint either be finally fixed of bugs, redesigned so that it works, or taken out of the game until it can be redesigned or replaced with something that works. This may require examining all of that flashpoint's code, and re-evaluating the game development decisions that lead to this flashpoint's design.

Fixd it or replace it!!

It's certainly a good choice to teach players the traditional group build (tank, damage, damage, healer). That can be taught in any of the flashpoints though. Directive 7, False Emperor, and either of the CZ-198s are good for that too.

When I suggest taking it out of the game, the intention of that is to repair it or replace it with something that can be just as challenging and even enjoyable for players that might like it, but something that works.

I honestly cannot see at all how you have managed to never encounter a bug in Blood Hunt, when on my server (Ebon Hawk) the bugs in that flashpoint are so regular that people make note of when they manage to get through it without encountering a bug. I have completed it many many times, but it is rare when someone in any group I have or anyone I know in the game does not encounter some major bug in that flashpoint.

If the bugs were not so regularly encountered and game breaking, then I would not be suggesting this. This flashpoint would be fine if did not glitch so often. It worked perfectly fine until Knights Of The Fallen Empire came out and it was turned into a tactical flashpoint (Big mistake that was). This is when the major bugs started with it. Major bugs have also been encountered over the past year in Maelstrom Prison with two bosses. Both problems associated with the change to making these flashpoints into tacticals.