1.3 to fix tha game? Nope.

Staalker

http://www.swtor.com/gameupdates

Now, I am sure there is a little more coming than listed here. But so far, I keep hearing "have patience" and yet see another update that isn't going to help the game.

FIrst, what good does a LFG tool do for us with such low populations? Putting Fatman aside, the rest of the servers barely have 100 people on TOTAL at any given time. If we had a couple thousand to sift through, maybe I'd be excited for the LFG tool...but at this point I can send a tell to everyone in the game and it won't take 3 minutes.

Next, what good are these Legacy Perks going to do for the majority of the playerbase? Because the population is so low, people have leveling up alts since PvP is so hard to get into and you can forget doing any lvl 50 content.

So, all these people have been leveling up alts, and now we get more options to help us do that...except, it takes only a couple days to level an alt to the point that these perks are useless to us.

Social gear...while cool and something we asked for, it isn't going to help solve our problem of low population, the same with augment unlocks.

Ranked Warzones, slated to appear in 1.3...might bring a few people back, but many left because they were tired of having nothing but PvP to do. I know a good chunk of people on my server left for that reason. I can guess many more did on other servers as well. Sadly, it may be too late for ranked...I know on my server that you'd be hard pressed to field a full team, making bad draws in ranked even more bitter.

We are at six months, probably another month to pass before we see 1.3....and what do we have for new content?

I am not alone in saying that new content has the greatest potential to bring players back, or at least keep the ones we have.

Well, I have been patient. I have been silent and patient until the game reached the point that it is unplayable. Most lvl 50 content can't be solo. A few of the dailies can, but the rest needs teams. Teams are something we just don't have anymore.

I'd just like someone at Bioware to answer my one and only question:

What are you doing, or how will 1.3, bring the players back?

My sub isn't up until September, but you can rest assured that at this point I will not be renewing. I have been as patient as I can be, but I refuse to be patient anymore. You took my money, now deliver us a game that we can play.

Before someone comments, I have 8 lvl 50's. One of each class. i didn't rush. I just played the game, about 4 hours a day. I haven't logged in since Last Wednesday, except for today because I thought that maybe there would be some people playing on their "day off".

Rerolling on a new server isn't my idea of fun. Maybe it is for you, but not for me. The content wasn't THAT great the first 8 times through it.

I am being polite. I am trying to be reasonable. But at this point it feels like I just paid someone for a house they were adding rooms to, and every time I ask about the new rooms because the others are all used up...they say "be patient".

Patience isn't cutting it anymore. Seeing what 1.3 is bringing proves only that Bioware seems to have no clue what they are doing. Adding content for low level characters 2 times in a row in a game that has a strong lack of end game content....yeah, that makes perfect sense.

I'm just chiming in for a +1 here.

This game is dead. Maybe not completely dead, but at least on life support. The ONLY thing that is going to potentially fix it at this point is to merge realms together. There are a whole 21 people on my server in the Spacedock right now. I have a level 50 and I cannot find a group. I have been in two guilds at this point and both have withered away because there is nothing to keep players engaged. The endgame content is not enough to keep people around it seems. I am leveling an alt, but what is the point? Once they hit 50 there will be nothing to do.

Forget new content. Forget lowbie content. Figure out how to handle the technical challenges of merging servers. Build the community up. 21 people on a holiday weekend is terrible.

If 1.3 does not introduce free character transfers so that we can move onto active servers, I am canceling my subscription. There is no point in paying $15 a month to log onto a dead server.

Now, I am sure there is a little more coming than listed here. But so far, I keep hearing "have patience" and yet see another update that isn't going to help the game.

FIrst, what good does a LFG tool do for us with such low populations? Putting Fatman aside, the rest of the servers barely have 100 people on TOTAL at any given time. If we had a couple thousand to sift through, maybe I'd be excited for the LFG tool...but at this point I can send a tell to everyone in the game and it won't take 3 minutes.

Next, what good are these Legacy Perks going to do for the majority of the playerbase? Because the population is so low, people have leveling up alts since PvP is so hard to get into and you can forget doing any lvl 50 content.

So, all these people have been leveling up alts, and now we get more options to help us do that...except, it takes only a couple days to level an alt to the point that these perks are useless to us.

Social gear...while cool and something we asked for, it isn't going to help solve our problem of low population, the same with augment unlocks.

Ranked Warzones, slated to appear in 1.3...might bring a few people back, but many left because they were tired of having nothing but PvP to do. I know a good chunk of people on my server left for that reason. I can guess many more did on other servers as well. Sadly, it may be too late for ranked...I know on my server that you'd be hard pressed to field a full team, making bad draws in ranked even more bitter.

We are at six months, probably another month to pass before we see 1.3....and what do we have for new content?

I am not alone in saying that new content has the greatest potential to bring players back, or at least keep the ones we have.

Well, I have been patient. I have been silent and patient until the game reached the point that it is unplayable. Most lvl 50 content can't be solo. A few of the dailies can, but the rest needs teams. Teams are something we just don't have anymore.

I'd just like someone at Bioware to answer my one and only question:

What are you doing, or how will 1.3, bring the players back?

My sub isn't up until September, but you can rest assured that at this point I will not be renewing. I have been as patient as I can be, but I refuse to be patient anymore. You took my money, now deliver us a game that we can play.

Before someone comments, I have 8 lvl 50's. One of each class. i didn't rush. I just played the game, about 4 hours a day. I haven't logged in since Last Wednesday, except for today because I thought that maybe there would be some people playing on their "day off".

Rerolling on a new server isn't my idea of fun. Maybe it is for you, but not for me. The content wasn't THAT great the first 8 times through it.

I am being polite. I am trying to be reasonable. But at this point it feels like I just paid someone for a house they were adding rooms to, and every time I ask about the new rooms because the others are all used up...they say "be patient".

Patience isn't cutting it anymore. Seeing what 1.3 is bringing proves only that Bioware seems to have no clue what they are doing. Adding content for low level characters 2 times in a row in a game that has a strong lack of end game content....yeah, that makes perfect sense.

I think you forgot one key concept that actually will help all of those gripes. Server transfers. If you transfer to a new server, the LFG tool will help you network with other players quicker. The legacy perks will help you level how you want, all the while using the LFG tool to find groups of people that are like minded.

Also, I do not share your opinion on how an MMORPG is to be made. Not everyone is like-minded, as you seem to assume.

Edited by monkgryphon

how many times must it be said? the transfers are BEFORE 1.3. notice transfers aren't even mentioned in the update. also notice one of the devs said either LFG Tool or Transfers are coming before the update. go back again and notice that transfers are, in fact, not listed as included in the update. therefore, using logic, the one out of those 2 coming before the update is transfers.

does this mean instantaneous population problem fixes? no. but to everyone who keeps saying "what's the point if the servers are dead blah blah blah": THE POPULATION FIX IS COMING FIRST.

SGRAs have been asked for long before LFG or transfers.

I better see, no, I demand that SGRA content be added in 1.3 in preparation for the 1.4 SGRA patch.

Or else........

why is this a big deal for certain people? :confused:

I dont get you people sometimes. Are you never happy?

Since day 1 you cry for LFG, Addons, 8men only pvp etc.

Now that BW screwed all those players that bought the game because these wow typical features were not in, you still complain?

I just dont get it, maybe BW does realise now that changing the game to your desire was wrong. They should had stick with their first design choice, its obvious that people like you are never happy.

how many times must it be said? the transfers are BEFORE 1.3. notice transfers aren't even mentioned in the update. also notice one of the devs said either LFG Tool or Transfers are coming before the update. go back again and notice that transfers are, in fact, not listed as included in the update. therefore, using logic, the one out of those 2 coming before the update is transfers.

does this mean instantaneous population problem fixes? no. but to everyone who keeps saying "what's the point if the servers are dead blah blah blah": THE POPULATION FIX IS COMING FIRST.

if you watch the video on the page james o is talking about what is coming IN 1.3 including transfers i will bet all my creds we wont see transfers till 1.3

I better see, no, I demand that SGRA content be added in 1.3 in preparation for the 1.4 SGRA patch.

Or else........

Because it's discrimination otherwise. And not being a "big deal" is hate.

Considering these quotes are from someone who joined in 2012, I'm guessing this is sarcasm or some sort of joke. While it's true Same-gender-romance-arcs were highly requested feature going all the way back to the founding of the forums, Bioware has already stated their stance on same-gender romance arcs so I doubt anyone still views their current absence as discrimination.

My hunch is that anyone who states that the current absence of SGRAs is a discrimination either doesn't understand lead times in development or is a school-aged person attempting to be funny who doesn't understand why the SGRA thread stayed active for so many years pre-launch.

Because it's discrimination otherwise. And not being a "big deal" is hate.

I'll digress and disagree. Adding it in will be a big deal in this is not the standard, but as it is not the standard, the exclusion from launch is not even close to discrimination.

Considering these quotes are from someone who joined in 2012, I'm guessing this is sarcasm or some sort of joke. While it's true Same-gender-romance-arcs were highly requested feature going all the way back to the founding of the forums, Bioware has already stated their stance on same-gender romance arcs so I doubt anyone still views their current absence as discrimination.

My hunch is that anyone who states that the current absence of SGRAs is a discrimination either doesn't understand lead times in development or is a school-aged person attempting to be funny who doesn't understand why the SGRA thread stayed active for so many years pre-launch.

That's right. I joined after the Guild Summit. Can you guess why?

I'll digress and disagree. Adding it in will be a big deal in this is not the standard, but as it is not the standard, the exclusion from launch is not even close to discrimination.

I think we are in a better position to define what and what isn't discrimination. In other words, we have the final say, not you.

You could have saved yourself the trouble of typing all that by just admitting this is a server merge complain thread. Just call it what it is. There was no need to take every seperate 1.3 addition and call it not a server merge. Everyone already gets that. Its nice that you want server merges more than anything, but that doesnt mean everything else is useless.

There has been a lot of people asking for LFG tools and your argument on that subject is easily used against you. Why would a heavily populated server need a LFG tool? It will be easy to find people. It is the lesser populated servers who would benefit from a group finder to get those few players who want to group together.

Edited by Gokkus

I think we are in a better position to define what and what isn't discrimination. In other words, we have the final say, not you.

Look, I want SGRA too. I've had both girlfirends and boyfriends in RL. In-game I prefer SGRAs to non SGRAs. They announced in September of 2011 that SGRAs will be a post-launch feature. At the guild summit I believe Daniel Erickson stated:

“It is coming and it is coming with story updates. It is something that depends on the writers and we want to do write, and writers have a long lead time. We did not want to just change all the dialogue for the other gender. That is not writing, that is not story telling. This was cut originally because of budget and time issues. We have designs, we know what romance options we want to put in for this. It is coming when full story comes, and full story is coming this year. We are still on track.”

My understanding is that both 1.3 and 1.4 are on track for releasing this year. If it doesn't make it for this year, it'll hardly be for discriminatory reasons. It would be for budget reasons like Daniel said.

Look, I want SGRA too. I've had both girlfirends and boyfriends in RL. In-game I prefer SGRAs to non SGRAs. They announced in September of 2011 that SGRAs will be a post-launch feature. At the guild summit I believe Daniel Erickson stated:

My understanding is that both 1.3 and 1.4 are on track for releasing this year. If it doesn't make it for this year, it'll hardly be for discriminatory reasons. It would be for budget reasons like Daniel said.

I never said that. Re-read what he said and how I replied to it, stopping him his tracks.

I'm just chiming in for a +1 here.

This game is dead. Maybe not completely dead, but at least on life support. The ONLY thing that is going to potentially fix it at this point is to merge realms together. There are a whole 21 people on my server in the Spacedock right now. I have a level 50 and I cannot find a group. I have been in two guilds at this point and both have withered away because there is nothing to keep players engaged. The endgame content is not enough to keep people around it seems. I am leveling an alt, but what is the point? Once they hit 50 there will be nothing to do.

If 1.3 does not introduce free character transfers so that we can move onto active servers, I am canceling my subscription. There is no point in paying $15 a month to log onto a dead server.

Forget new content. Forget lowbie content. Figure out how to handle the technical challenges of merging servers. Build the community up. 21 people on a holiday weekend is terrible.

I completely agree with Dave. My sub expires in mid August and unless I see some MAJOR changes in what is going on, I will not be re-subbing.

I should have known better than to get involved with anything that EA is running.

I just dont get it, maybe BW does realise now that changing the game to your desire was wrong. They should had stick with their first design choice, its obvious that people like you are never happy.

What was their first design choice?

To me, it looks an awful lot like the dev team implemented all the main features of an MMO (PvE, PvP, factions, a market, crafting, guilds), but never really went above and beyond "good" for anything beyond voice acting.

What would've kicked PvE beyond "good," for instance, is making it easier to put teams together. It's simply dreadful to try and get a guildie to help you; the travel times make getting some help so annoying few people bother.

The devs bungled teaming. It's really that easy. And, while a dungeon finder might be a kludge, it's based on something already in game (PvP queue) that people use.

FWIW, you can look at the bucket list of gameplay features the devs have delivered and find all sorts of niggling annoyances that keep these features from being "exceptional". And the problem is that this game, SWTOR, does not exist in a vacuum. It has well-established competition competing for your $15 a month, and those games have smoothed out their bumps and hiccups already. MMO gamers no longer pay it forward -- when an MMO is released, it's judged against how well it stacks up on day 1 to games that have been under constant development since their release.

Face it, gamers no longer play their subscription fees under the anticipation that things will get better. 'Cause the things that they're looking for -- PvP with no subscription fees? Robust crafting? Marketeering? Easy teaming? Some game already has them.

The market's changed, dramatically, since SWTOR's development started. But I don't think EA / BioWare really noticed that until recently.

Edited by BurningChick

[...] MMO gamers no longer pay it forward [...]

Face it, gamers no longer play their subscription fees under the anticipation that things will get better. [...]

I am an MMO gamer and I do both of those things, gladly, infact. I enjoy being a part of a game from the very start and see it evolve, experience all its stages, not just the "done and waiting to slowly die" part.

Or else........

Sure, aslong as it has a checkbox to enable, disable and starts disabled when you install the game and begin playing.

Also, if you ask the average player would you rather have SGRAs or LFF in 1.3, an Extreamly Vast Majority (Almost Everyone with Minor Exceptions) would say LFF hands down.

Edited by Daethorz