Very Inspiring Assassin PvP Video! Battle Master lvl 50

djpravda

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=To-k7ZaZGmA

Greetings all!

I was surprised by the lack of PvP videos for Assassins out there so I put together one. This is not any type of skill presentation video and strictly serves Entertaining purpose only, you will see some lowbies in the begging and under geared opponents, something I can not control in the game.

The first 3 clips are from pre 1.1 Patch in mixed brackets but after its all 50 brackets vs geared opponents including Battle Masters.

This is my first video so I apologize ahead for editing.

This Video is for Entertaining purposes only! Please read before watching, might save you 15 mins of your time.

Do not watch this video if you:

don’t like fast passed combat

don’t like cool down abuse and usage

don't like big crits

don’t like stance dancing

don’t like club and house music

don’t like assassins

Do watch this video if you:

Like all above

Link to the build I am using:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200McMZRRrRkhrbtzZc.1

Q&A:

Q: Why 2 points in Insulation?

A: It adds a little bit over 5% damage reduction. Since you will be using surge charge most of the time its one of the best talents you can get specially for being a squishy Assassin 

Q: Why only 1 point in Duplicity?

A: It’s just a point filler. If I had a choice to skip it I would never pick this talent. Maul is not worth using in a current state due to positioning requirement and laggy gameplay. Besides Maul just doesn’t fit into rotation even with a proc.

Q: Why 1 point in Obfuscation(Stealth)?

A: Again just a filler for quick Energy regen out of stealth. You fights are out of stealth and 10 second regen is not worth 3 points.

Q:Why not chain shock build?

A: I’ve tried it many times and dmg is just not there specially vs high armor targets where Surging Charge gives you 9% Armor Pen.

Q: Why pick talents up to Lighting recovery?

A: It’s the best mobility and survivability talent you can get. Reduces cd on your main abilities you use every fight. Do I need to say more?

Q: What is the best opener for Assassin?

A: Always Force Slow!! Low energy cost, great out of stealth opener, can crit more then Maul!!!

Your feedback for this video will determine my future productions. If it kept you entertained even for a minute then my work succeeded.

Thanks for swinging by and May the Foce be with you!

Edited by djpravda

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow.. been playing assassin since the start and I just realize how strong is deception. I did tried it but got tired of getting in the back of ppl. Tried madness, I liked all the range abilities but it was too slow. I am in love with Darkness, very strong and I call it a disrupter. You don't kill much but god Im a pain in the butt.

Now the way you play your deception build is very very interesting. I got about 350 expertise so I won't hit as high as you do but should be plenty of fun.

Ty alot for your insight.

Casciope 50 Assassin

What is really interesting are his damage numbers. I'm specced nearly the same, but lack good equipment and my VS does like 800 and I've never seen my discharge crit for such numbers, even with my buffs up.

Still, if those are the real numbers, the difference between darkness and Deception is much bigger than people claim.

Thank you very much for the Video, Sir :).

Looks awesome. Though my way to get the gear necessary to be viable is paved with pain and suffering. Tried a similar build coming out of 50 and i get destroyed without much gear on. So, I went with a darkness build for better survivability, later on will be switching back to deception when gear is better.

Glad you liked it guys! Assassin is not a bad class like most people think we were just very gear dependent

Tank wise its terrible, even with full BM gear. Considering our primary mitigation is bypassed by pretty much every player attack (minus the no cost attack everyone starts with).

No offense but all I saw was you getting healed and almsot dieing to other scrubs. Both times in your video when you were 1v1 you were losing till you got a big heal. Anyone can get your same amount of damage with a heal bot backing them up. Next time you want to impress me then go into a WF as a Pug and check your numbers, I assure you that you wont reach near the amount of kills or damage as you do with a heal bot.

Damage has -never- been a concern for Assassins. The issue(s) come when we're focused, and rightly so. Most other classes have excellent abilities to deal with/mitigate damage. We have the fewest tools and lowest flat mitigation.

I did enjoy the video, though! Just because it didn't showcase what was frustrating with Assassins, doesn't make it a bad video. I liked the music and the pace.

No offense but all I saw was you getting healed and almsot dieing to other scrubs. Both times in your video when you were 1v1 you were losing till you got a big heal. Anyone can get your same amount of damage with a heal bot backing them up. Next time you want to impress me then go into a WF as a Pug and check your numbers, I assure you that you wont reach near the amount of kills or damage as you do with a heal bot.

qft premades and a pocket healer makes any class okay lmao....

Heck you don't even need or use stealth at all with ur team up 99% of Assassins don't have it like that. I pray for a heal which dies on death ears in pug wz for the most part.

Edited by LordbishopX

QFT. He was also fighting ungeared opponents mostly, who were so bad that they were backpedaling and ofc knew nothing about kiting. Very rarely the assassin was the target so we dont see how squishy they really are. Also pre-patch biochem.

So its just an average vid where assassin with a premade goes against pugs. Nothing new here, nothing inspiring really, nothing here... Anyone geared in a premade against noobs can be a hero.

Edited by Vesperr

Another buff stacking Assassin PvP video pre-1.1...with pocket heals.

This doesn't prove that the class is perfectly fine, it just proves that you can run around buff stacking and top damage meters. Assassin isn't a bad class, in the right hands it can do well and it can compete but that being said it still isn't nearly as comparable as other classes that fill the same rolls in equally skilled hands. Maybe Operatives now that they've been nerfed into the ground.

Also, you labelled your own video as inspiring...

Edited by Epicopter

I agree, anyone with a pocket healer can do well and don't even need battlemaster gear.

You are not playing any good. Pocket healer most of the time and no real solos.

This is PRE 1.1 and you are stacking all that exploit buffs who got nerfed in 1.1. You can put up these numbers now. Also this EMO pvp movie was bad. Grew up!

"This is my healer friend he is tha best EVEAH!!!!" sooo 12 year OLD!:D

Edited by Silcan

If I wanted to watch VS spam I'd just go play myself. Granted, yours hits pretty hard, due to armor pen, so the only reason I'm paying any attention to this post is now to figure out whether it's worth it to give up Chain Shock.

You fight out of stealth all the time because you have a pocket healer so you can stay with the main group and not die.

In fact, no one hardly attacks you at all in the clips.

You do kill a couple people displaying the Battlemaster title but you blew all your cooldowns to do it. The next guy to come along probably stomped you unless you vanished.

As long as everyone is totally ignoring you, you can have a lot of fun. Sure.

This...

Healbot + never being targeted = Best case scenario every time. I've gone on such runs too, the only difference being the 6k crits. I've never crit for more than 3600..But I also wear a shield generator, hybrid spec mad/dec, and didn't exploit to gain BM rank/armor.

You are not playing any good. Pocket healer most of the time and no real solos.

This is PRE 1.1 and you are stacking all that exploit buffs who got nerfed in 1.1. You can put up these numbers now. Also this EMO pvp movie was bad. Grew up!

"This is my healer friend he is tha best EVEAH!!!!" sooo 12 year OLD!:D

This made my head hurt, so I fixed it:

I find your playstyle to be less than exemplary, good sir, due to the fact that you have, to use the vernacular, a "pocket healer." I also find the evident lack of solo-kills to be quite supportive of my argument.

Furthermore, you are using a mechanic that has been rendered unusable with the latest patch, and I believe that your performance cannot be duplicated with the game in its current state. I also question the level of your emotional maturity, due to the lack of professionalism exhibited in your opening statement. Such drivel has no place being spoken by a gentleman in a civilized society, and I hesitate to name you a man.

Man, a lot of serious haters commenting on this video.

Its not hate, its because someone who has exploited with buff stacking that can no longer be duplicated having a pocket healer 24/7 in every single clip of the video coupled with the fact that he is playing against terribads who never target him and the few times that he does he almost dies. Its one thing to parrot the class line but its another to actually show "real" everyday "in-use" scenarios of which this video did not.

Videos like this do nothing to advance the cause of the class and everything to advance the cause of noobs re-rolling thinking they can achieve the same leve lof killing bravado. Most people will say that Assasins are fine or are balanced but some of us who have played multiple MMO's over the course of a few years also think the class are slighty underpowered in terms other class balance, of which I am in this camp.

Q:Why not chain shock build?

A: I’ve tried it many times and dmg is just not there specially vs high armor targets where Surging Charge gives you 9% Armor Pen.

9% armor pen translates to ~4% damage increase on high armor targets, and less than 3% on lower armor targets. A high armored tank target will have about 18k health, 4% of 18k is 720 damage over the whole fight, chain shock will outperform that in less than 2 hits. Its definitely a preference, but overall the math supports chain shock.

Q: What is the best opener for Assassin?

A: Always Force Slow!! Low energy cost, great out of stealth opener, can crit more then Maul!!!

Spinning Kick -> CS -> Force Slow -> CS (whatever the Imp equivs are) from stealth, how else are you going to setup your burst? By not opening with a stun you give your opponent a chance to kite you before you can setup your burst. Never a good idea. As long as you get Force Slow off before they get up you are fine. On low resolve targets with Force Stun/Low Slash up, you shouldn't even need Force Slow.