Merc / Commando knockback delay imbalance?

HuNtOziO

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Commando/merc need return back knockback from stock strike like gunslingers have second knockback with aim shot... root is not enough... without it there is always hard times with pesky melee...

You mean the knockback that that pushed melee back a trivial amount, the knockback that had no use beyond a few niche situations in huttball, the knockback that amounted to nothing more than a interrupt that gave resolve?

I'm glad it doesn't bother YOU, however this issue has been brought up several times and others clearly have an issue with it. Since changing the knock back to happen at the beginning of the animation is such an easy fix, I can't fathom how you are so insulted about people asking for this change. As a class rep, instead of throwing insults at others like calling them bad because they have a different opinion than yourself, you could exercise a little more maturity and be supportive of the people you're supposed to represent. Failing that, you could at least be constructive.

Because we only get three questions and wasting one of them on something that is only important to a minority of a minority is a complete and utter waste.

Nobody ever says they won't take a merc on their raid group or their ranked team because the knockback has a animation delay, or because the mando doesn't have a numerical display. Seriously this is as much of a issue as cartel crystal colors are, please just stop.

Besides numerical displays are useless in any kind of competitive gameplay. Your brain process the graph way faster than the little fraction, the only advantage the merc display has over the mando's is that the merc's is color coded.

Edited by Zoom_VI

Which is exactly what I did...........................

What am I bitter about? Apparently I am angry, insulted, and bitter. This is news to me

Given comments like this:

No Id rather not.

These QoL changes would have 0 impact on anything. Its just random dumb crap that people want to the devs to waste time on instead of addressing actual things that need fixing and have a larger impact on game mechanics/balance.

As class rep it is/was my job to be able to distinguish between stupid crap like this, and real legit concerns.

When youre class rep you can ask about the Ammo Counter UI, knockback comparison, and whatever other totally irrelevant issues the community is concerned about.

It's pretty clear. You're talking down these ideas because the "random dumb totally irrelevant issues the community is concerned about" are apparently not important enough to warrant dev attention in your eyes.

Now go ahead and tell me you don't come across as bitter, or as taking your position as class rep to be something other than what it is. Especially with this line here: "As class rep it is/was my job to be able to distinguish between stupid crap like this, and real legit concerns."

Well then, pray tell, what is the "real legit concern"? If it makes the game less fun, people are going to want it changed. If their version of fun revolves around a knockback mechanic, or an ammo counter, why snipe at them with negative comments when they use this forum to bring it up to the devs? Do you not trust that the devs will make the changes that will please the most people?

I don't know if your actual attitude changed, or just the way you talk about the community, but "forum poster Cashogy" and "Class Rep Cashogy who got in an argument with literally everybody after posting his 3 questions" are coming across different for sure. Why not just own it?

[...]

Well then, pray tell, what is the "real legit concern"? If it makes the game less fun, people are going to want it changed. If their version of fun revolves around a knockback mechanic, or an ammo counter, why snipe at them with negative comments when they use this forum to bring it up to the devs?

Because we have many much more urgent problems that need dealing with.

To name just a few:

Lack of an emergency escape, when we are the class that arguably needs it most.

Absurdly over-long cooldowns --the shield, Electrodart/CryoGrenade, Kolto Overload/Adrenaline Rush, Vent Heat/Recharge Cells...This recent change to power Surge/Tech Overrides is an absolute Godsend, and is where it should have been since day 1. It only took them two years, so yeah...4 cooldowns above times that, plus lead-time....We'll have realistic utility cooldown timers by, what, like 2025?

(I might add: It took our class rep/s pushing the devs, and helping to herd the community-cats to agree to help get that change to PS/TO, unless I'm very much mistaken.)

Complete lack of any quick form of pro-active range dictation/control (A version of the Snipinger's "Leg Shot" with a same/similar cool-down would do wonders here, and how hard could it possibly be to implement?)

Useless talents in all three trees.

Want me to go on? Because I can, you know.

Do you not trust that the devs will make the changes that will please the most people?

I can't speak for Casho, but speaking for myself:

No. No, I do not. At all.

Recall: This is the same dev-team that rationalised Lolster in ranked matches being there for "new players to feel less intimidated," (or whatever it actually said, you know what I refer to, I think). Cash is quite clearly not afraid to speak truth to power, and with a dev-team this demonstrably clueless, that is exactly what our beloved AC needs, especially when that rep is, equally clearly, well aware of our biggest problems.

A numerical ammo/heat-counter, and animation-weirdness on the knock-back --which frankly, I've never really noticed as causing me issues-- are not even close to our biggest problems.

Yes, I'd like a numerical heat-counter, too. But I've gone without one for almost two years just fine, I can go a little longer.

It would seem that what the devs see as "pleasing the most people" is catering to bads and 1337-sp34k screaming COD kiddies (Certified Online Daycare)...thank God, our rep knows better, I hope?

That is fundamentally much more important than a few/lack of a few little numbers on the UI.

Edited by midianlord

These are QoL things that have no real impact on anything. Dont waste the devs time with such frivolous discussions.

green beam of death is fairly significant. it draws a straight line for an enemy to follow to find the healer. this is significant in most WZs, because there are nice places to hide and avoid detection as a healer. imo, the mirror classes should both do green beam or both use audio cues. one or the other is a real difference. not qol. but it's not a big deal. QoL, imo, is a cosmetic issue. or a crafting thing. not something that directly affects gameplay.

I agree this should be changed. They did it for Sorc/Sage, so Merc/Mando should get parity too. An instant KB is necessary for an overwhelmed ranged class. Even the Jugg push counts as Instant, even if it doesn't animate right away, because the target is unable to act the second the button is pressed.

Yep. And the Jedi Knight/Sith Warrior leap is actually an instant teleport on the server despite the animation taking time to finish.

I'm not sure how this kb issue is different from the inquis vs. consular issue. and they got rid of that inquis flip a long time ago. the animations do cause delay. it's a real issue (as opposed to QoL), but there are bigger issues. iunno though. proposing a fix here seems like a no-brainer. mirror class should be mirror class, no? they fixed it with one class pretty quickly. almost the exact same thing (animation before aoe punt). not sure why this would take so long.

If it gets changed, fine. But whats the point? Its going to have absolutely no impact on the ability's performance. If you suck at timing your knockbacks now, its not b/c of the minuscule animation delay.

Given the speed at which the devs work, wasting their time on such frivolous and irrelevant things is silly.

Edited by cashogy_reborn

If it gets changed, fine. But whats the point? Its going to have absolutely no impact on the ability's performance. If you suck at timing your knockbacks now, its not b/c of the minuscule animation delay.

Given the speed at which the devs work, wasting their time on such frivolous and irrelevant things is silly.

it is slower. I will often get beat to the punt by a sage or mando on my merc but vice versa on my mando or sage. personally I only notice this in hb on ramps and on the bridges for vstar. (obviously htl was on cd in said cases :( )

Edited by foxmob

Because we have many much more urgent problems that need dealing with.

<snip>

Useless talents in all three trees.

Want me to go on? Because I can, you know.

I hear you, but really...I don't have all that many problems with the class. It plays differently, sure, but it's not unplayable as it is.

I'd like a few things sure, but I'd be just as happy to see them implement a numerical ammo counter, and square up the knockbacks, because I share your sentiment that sometimes when they change stuff they ruin it or don't do enough - so why not have them change something that has no functional difference?

All I'm saying is Cashogy comes across as super bitter and it seems that didn't start until after the community backfired against him for submitting the questions he did. You know that old saying - "You can't please all the people, all the time"? Well in SWTOR, it's more like "You can't please ANYBODY, EVER".

What you think is bitterness is my general distaste for bads and the things they post. I don't care what they think about the things I post, never have, and will continue to be vocal about calling bads out on their badness.

This is a non issue. Wasting Dev attention/time on what is a fraction of a second difference which has absolutely zero impact when you consider latency factors, is bad.

If you are missing knockbacks, it's because you're bad and you missed it.

What you think is bitterness is my general distaste for bads and the things they post. I don't care what they think about the things I post, never have, and will continue to be vocal about calling bads out on their badness.

This is a non issue. Wasting Dev attention/time on what is a fraction of a second difference which has absolutely zero impact when you consider latency factors, is bad.

If you are missing knockbacks, it's because you're bad and you missed it.

As someone who plays both merc and commando let me tell you this it NOT a non issue. And as someone who actually got both said merc and commando to 1500+ I'm atleast better than you. Calling out bads on their badness is somewhat epic comming from you all of people.

The classes are supposed to be mirrors, and this would be a much needed fix. It's not gamebraking as it's, but it sure as hell affects gameplay.

As someone who plays both merc and commando let me tell you this it NOT a non issue. And as someone who actually got both said merc and commando to 1500+ I'm atleast better than you. Calling out bads on their badness is somewhat epic comming from you all of people.

The classes are supposed to be mirrors, and this would be a much needed fix. It's not gamebraking as it's, but it sure as hell affects gameplay.

Lol.

Hope youre enjoying your welfare mount. Lol @ ToFN

Things I can think of off the top of my head that need addressing first:

- Improved resource management for healing

- worthwhile utility for Pyro/Assault

- fixing all of the dumb/useless talents in all 3 skill trees

- resource cost of Plasma Grenade/Fusion Missile and Explosive Round/Missile Blast

- better 36pt heal

etc etc

You guys want to waste dev time on nonsense.... lol

Edited by cashogy_reborn

I HATE THE JEDI KNIGHT STANCE. I AM NOT BABE RUTH. At some point I want And'rew to kinda.. mention it or something. I know it's cosmetic and it's irrelevant to anything really buuuut it bothers me.

Whoever was the designer of the knight animations must've had a huge ***** for baseball cause look at the ms animation too.

"Here comes the pitch. He shotguns it. Boom! It's going, going, going......GONE!!!!!!"

I welcome you to come play on pot5 with your big bad 1500 rating.. we might actually be scared of you

And like every logical minded person has said, if you miss the KB, its because you made a mistake and you were slow. i would MUCH rather see serious changes coming to merc's then this silly .1 second change.

MrHax~

- Improved resource management for healing

Is that the main issue with Mando / Merc healing? Resource Management? I'm genuinely curious to find out what the actual issue(s) are / have been that prevented it from excelling as the PvP healer standard globally.

Is that the main issue with Mando / Merc healing? Resource Management? I'm genuinely curious to find out what the actual issue(s) are / have been that prevented it from excelling as the PvP healer standard globally.

not sure if serious or trolling? O_o

not sure if serious or trolling? O_o

I've had my experiences / assumptions (which may be wrong) with Commando healers. Just wanted clarification from the class rep as to why Commando healers haven't excelled as much.

I've had my experiences / assumptions (which may be wrong) with Commando healers. Just wanted clarification from the class rep as to why Commando healers haven't excelled as much.

I don't even know man...ask either Contrux or Jolly-o from POT5 how they're doing.

Hint, they're beast, and swing matches in their favor by virtue of their presence...so I don't even know. Arenas, lockdown sure...but regs, mandomedic is beast.

For healing, yea resource manage is the most unforgiving of the healing ACs and it really hand-cuffs you if you have to burst heal for more than a few seconds. If you burst heal w/out Vent Heat off cooldown, you are basically stuck spamming Hammershot heals for 10-15 seconds while you regen into a zone that you can get back to healing. The spec could really benefit from some kind of active resource return (i and others have suggested to have HammerShot crit heals regen like 2 heat, with an ICD of 1.5s).

Mobility and interrupt resistance is definitely a close second IMO, but even if we had full interrupt protection we'd still be handcuffed by the poor resource management of the class.

I don't even know man...ask either Contrux or Jolly-o from POT5 how they're doing.

Hint, they're beast, and swing matches in their favor by virtue of their presence...so I don't even know. Arenas, lockdown sure...but regs, mandomedic is beast.

Performance in Regs is irrelevant.

Edited by cashogy_reborn