Let us kill Koth. (some Dark side spoilers)

Brinator

Honestly, many times I felt like I wanted to either kill him with my DS character or just leave him on a desolate planet alone with nothing with my LS character.

Bit glad he wasn't in the last chapter. Unsure what he would've thought of the Mandalorians.

He is off on a scouting mission since he's still around with my JK. So o this one he doesn't say crap.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a purely pragmatic note, the guy's in the wind, his name and face by now very well known to Arkaan and Zakuulan forces, and he knows where our base is.

Now, having mellowed a bit after spending five years as a popsicle, I can settle for just capturing and putting him under house-arrest (for his protection as much as the alliance's), but if I have to I will send Treek and HK-51 out to terminate him and Mister Clean rather than risk Odessa.

Well there's no way my merciful, funny, 100% LS SW would say when stopping the sun generator from exploding "the masses can't fear you if there are no masses." Face it, they don't care any more about our characters or roleplaying, only about one singular story that can have little to no deviation.

On a purely pragmatic note, the guy's in the wind, his name and face by now very well known to Arkaan and Zakuulan forces, and he knows where our base is.

Now, having mellowed a bit after spending five years as a popsicle, I can settle for just capturing and putting him under house-arrest (for his protection as much as the alliance's), but if I have to I will send Treek and HK-51 out to terminate him and Mister Clean rather than risk Odessa.

There's a lot of correct there. Strategically Koth is a huge liability really, also, while he doesn't love Arcann he is as pro-Zakuul as it gets. If he was offered something, or heck, just even tortured after getting himself caught... If Koth leaves the alliance he is a massive liability hands down.

The only character I have that made it through the chapters is my DS Inquisitor main and she's going to kill Koth as soon as she gets the option. In my "oppressive" speech when I first arrived at Odessan I made it clear to everyone how I operate, and he did the exact thing I told him and everyone I would execute if they did. Koth is dead to my DS inquisitor no qualms about it.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
My Wrath is building a box...

Koth will not see it...

Not untill he's inside it...

On a side-note, you'd have to be a pretty special kind of stupid to betray someone known as "The Wrath". Far, far better men that him have paid very dearly for exactly that.

On a side-note, you'd have to be a pretty special kind of stupid to betray someone known as "The Wrath". Far, far better men that him have paid very dearly for exactly that.

That's exactly it.

It would be out of character for my Wrath to want anything more but to torture Koth to death.

If they want us to talk the RP part of this game seriously. For us to feel like our characters actually have choices, Koth needs to either die before we can get him, or we need a chance to kill him.

The Wraith and Darth Nox (Imperius or Occulus) would NEVER allow for that level of betrayal. Well...technically the Wraith did with Quinn, which is a huge gripe of mine in the storyline, but still, these are Sith Lords. Not only did he abandon our alliance which was a betrayal, he then STOLE my ship!!!

I have had two REALLY strong emotions connected with the story. My desperation to save, and then the devastation at losing Darth Marr.

The second being the rage I felt at Koth by the end of Chapter 16. I need the opportunity to satiate that BioWare!

I have a theory. Koth didn't actually teleport onto the Gravestone. For the last 6 months he's been in a dumpster in the basement crying himself to sleep while he hugs his Valkorion plushie tight.

He leaves at night only to steal scraps and packs of space cheetos from the ship's mess hall.

I'd love it if we were allowed to have Koth somehow see as I talk to Valkorion on how we would kill (and hopefully beforehand torture) him. His precious Immortal Emperor discussing with his worst enemy on how they would kill him. Oh, the satisfaction my Sorc would get

Force Users (especially Sith) really should have the option to Force Choke Koth over the holo when he's fleeing at the end of Chapter X. Even if Lana ends up getting us to stop before we finish him (because he has to come back in Chapter XVI to implausibly steal the Gravestone), being able to at least try is a lot more in-character for those of us on the Darker side than doing nothing.

I have a theory. Koth didn't actually teleport onto the Gravestone. For the last 6 months he's been in a dumpster in the basement crying himself to sleep while he hugs his Valkorion plushie tight.

He leaves at night only to steal scraps and packs of space cheetos from the ship's mess hall.

Koth was allowed onto the Gravestone by the crew, who have been loyal to him long before they ever even heard of the Outlander. Tora stopped him from stealing it the first time, but he'd probably been in contact with his old crew ever since he left planning opportunity to mutiny.

BTW, how bad is it that Bioware made the one black guy in the current main cast the one who steals your ride?

Smooth, Bioware. Real smooth. :rolleyes:

Stealing weapons from bad people is a pretty heroic thing to do, though.

Edited by OldVengeance

Indeed, he only tries to steal it if the outlander is a monster who slaughters civilians for fun. Someone like that really shouldn't have an unstoppable alien warship.

#ZLM

Justifying mutiny and theft from the force trying to liberate a galaxy from an evil empire. -Koth

Whose logic is its "his" gravestone that he didn't find, never owned. Whose possession is that of the guy who fixed your car. I fixed it so its my ship, right?

First things first on this entire story. Under what premise is Koth's crew even allowed on the Gravestone once you reach Odessen? What commander doesn't immediately install his own crew in the most important vessel in the fleet. Only the most loyal and dedicated service members would be crew on that ship. Let alone have imperial spys and assets on-board under cover and protection against defectors, like Russian and US intelligence has on every single military vessel. You simply don't have the ease that Koth was able to steal a ship plausible, especially one so advanced and important.

I can hardly see Admiral Bey'wan Aygo letting a crew of already mutinious pirates crew the gravestone. Lets see Fleet Admiral Zasha Ranken if she was onboard with the type of insubordination that Koth and his crew displayed being kept in command of a ship.

Imperials hate defectors. The gravestone being stolen is just terrible writing. Again.

Getting the feeling ever since the first time we found the Gravestone that he is the kind of guy that would claim a ship as his if his previous one was destroyed in a crash or any other ways.

Other thought is that he has no idea how to be captain. Hope there will come a time where he will have to either sacrifice civilians to a brutal death or risk himself and his crew. Maybe when he starts to make to many bad decisions a soldier under his command will leave and return to the Outlander to tell him/her about Koth.

#ZLM

Justifying mutiny and theft from the force trying to liberate a galaxy from an evil empire. -Koth

Whose logic is its "his" gravestone that he didn't find, never owned. Whose possession is that of the guy who fixed your car. I fixed it so its my ship, right?

First things first on this entire story. Under what premise is Koth's crew even allowed on the Gravestone once you reach Odessen? What commander doesn't immediately install his own crew in the most important vessel in the fleet. Only the most loyal and dedicated service members would be crew on that ship. Let alone have imperial spys and assets on-board under cover and protection against defectors, like Russian and US intelligence has on every single military vessel. You simply don't have the ease that Koth was able to steal a ship plausible, especially one so advanced and important.

I can hardly see Admiral Bey'wan Aygo letting a crew of already mutinious pirates crew the gravestone. Lets see Fleet Admiral Zasha Ranken if she was onboard with the type of insubordination that Koth and his crew displayed being kept in command of a ship.

Imperials hate defectors. The gravestone being stolen is just terrible writing. Again.

If the force trying to liberate the galaxy from the evil empire is also evil, then yeah, he absolutely should steal their best weapon so he could put it to better use.

That argument might hold some weight if he hadn't established himself as being extraordinarily petty and selfish early and often.

Koth only cares about innocent lives lost if they're on Zakuul.

If the force trying to liberate the galaxy from the evil empire is also evil, then yeah, he absolutely should steal their best weapon so he could put it to better use.

Funny, my pure dark side character still has Koth. The only reason is I saved citizens 1 time. I choose options of general neutrality towards civilians. Living or dying was of little consequence to me for the general trash of society that are servants to my great lordship. They will recognize and worship my power and dominion over them.

Koth seems to not have any problem with them being enslaved to me in the future as long as I don't just let them perish. So while Lana wanted to be a complete coward, I was like nope. I will stop that lazy whores plot on the sun reactor and save those future slaves. I have plot armor so that time I take is of no consequence.

Koth is still my in my alliance, because I know how to manipulate that little racial caricature twerp and have maintained my absolute Sith authority over the alliance. So no he's not motivated properly. Because I'm dark V. Who murders to achieve my goals. Who makes no bones about wanting to rule the galaxy and Koth seems absolutely fine with it as long as I save a few worthless civilians on Zakuul. Even though I laughed mightily while letting my little terrorist **** blow up the droids. Then lied right to his dumb face.

Ah the greatness of Darth Nox. Koth has no idea the minute they drop his plot armor I am going to put his head on a spike on Odessen.

Indeed, he only tries to steal it if the outlander is a monster who slaughters civilians for fun. Someone like that really shouldn't have an unstoppable alien warship.

It isn't unstoppable. Several times you see how close the plot armor is to being worn away. It is just a fairly tough little corvette, a pocket battleship of lore. It isn't invincible... tis the US Constitution of SWToR.

I mean, the escape from Zakuul, the fight at Asylum... the showdown at Odessen, all show the ship getting the stuffing knocked out of it. Plot saving it at the last possible second in each scenario.

So, you know. Big enough fleet/ship when it doesn't have that plot armor, and kablewy.

I also object to it being labeled as alien. Tis ancient, not necessarily alien. Just because the yokels on Zakuul didn't build it, doesn't mean we do not have a clue who slapped it together.

I'm betting on a time traveling Chewbacca. ;-)

I have plot armor so that time I take is of no consequence.

This is one part where as a designer I really would have put my money where my mouth is in terms of decisions having consequences. Have a LS decision there mean an automatic failure. You assume you can do it, and you just die and have to restart the whole chapter. Cheap? Perhaps, but I guarantee you a lot more people would stop and think a lot more carefully when...

...Lana is in trouble and Valkorion offers to save her. The first time I played the game I went in totally blind on early access, and was so afraid of losing her I took him up on the offer.

Imagine if if it was someone's first time and now they know making the wrong decision can cause problems, it would make the scene even more tense.

I'm not unrealistic in what I expect a game to be able to deliver in terms of choices, but there are definitely ways you can keep players on their toes without adding massive branching paths.