Ninety Seven Percent

irishfino

Round and Round We Go

GASP.

Quinn’s still form violently came to life as he coughed and gasped for breath. Jaesa jumped back, nearly tripping over her own feet. Poor Barnabus jumped so high he nearly fell from the bed. Quinn hunched in his chair and coughed into his hands. Then, slowly, he turned his head toward Jaesa.

“Jaesa?” Quinn asked throatily as he regained his bearings.

“Yes,” she sobbed pitifully. “Yes.” She dove at him then, embedding herself in his side. He grunted from the force of her attack.

“What did you see? Where did you go? Are you alright?” Barnabus asked in a rush. His bouncy childishness returned as quickly as breath had into Quinn’s lungs.

Quinn coughed roughly. “I saw them, grandfather.”

“Saw who?” Barnabus asked quietly.

“Them,” he enunciated.

“You spoke with them? Did they say anything? Where were they? Where did you go?” Barnabus asked quickly.

Quinn brought the back of his hand to his nose and wiped off a bit of blood. “I'm tired, grandfather,” he said quietly.

“Fair enough! Can the two of you make it to the couch okay?”

“I’m stronger than I look,” Jaesa said lightly as she peeled herself reluctantly from Quinn’s side and stood. “Let’s get you cleaned up.”

“Mm, I don’t want to stand yet,” Quinn said quietly.

“I’ll get a bowl and cloth.”

Jaesa quickly left the room for the refresher. Quinn and Barnabus sat in silence for a few long moments.

“I've been on a most interesting journey,” Quinn said quietly.

“He was there to guide you?” Barnabus asked quietly.

“Yes. He was very strange.”

Barnabus chuckled. “He was a failsafe in case you were… broken in some manner. Now seemed as good a time as any to let him loose.”

“Mm,” Quinn muttered absently. “I can give you a full report after I rest a bit. I am… incredibly tired.”

“But you are otherwise… alright?”

“I am whole, grandfather. I am whole.”

“Good,” Barnabus said quietly. “That’s so good to hear after so long. Malavai, I am sorry. For everything.”

“I know,” Quinn said gently. “We’ll talk more when I awaken.”

Quinn turned his head toward the nightstand and grabbed his gloves. He traced and traced and traced until the thread left an imprint in his finger. He would have kept going until the skin was raw and bloody if not for the return of Jaesa. He nodded at her then gestured toward the couch. He was tired. He wasn’t sure how long he had actually been gone, but he was tired. He flopped onto the couch without his usual grace. As soon as his head found a comfortable position he was away and asleep. It felt good to be home.

Edited by irishfino

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Essentially, everything Captain Malavai Quinn has gone through since he passed out at Barnabus' place on Tatooine has been a dream/vision/mind trip. You'll see what I mean when this bit wraps up.

Yup. That were the problem. I was already working from the assumption it hadn't been real. That is why it totally went past me that you were letting off that hadn't been real. LOL. Blame it on his sand people abilities that even pre-human and human sand peoples didn't have. That tipped me off and made me FBI other inconsistencies and when it was that I last saw the gloves. I came back under the influence of Saki and detected the surprise the second time 'round :) Thx for answering, though. I'll try to, ahh.. not get ahead of myself next time.

Now the icky part I've been dreading is about to start LOL. I agree with the above. Can we explode her for real this time? Now, since a certain Captain in the shower (sans Jaesa) never materialized, I have to go off and do a sketch...

Edited by Reil

I'll respond to reader posts when I'm ready to post the next part, but I wanted to see if anyone would be interested in a written summary of what has happened so far, where everyone is, and the direction I'm going to take the story in from here.

Let me know. :D

I'll respond to reader posts when I'm ready to post the next part, but I wanted to see if anyone would be interested in a written summary of what has happened so far, where everyone is, and the direction I'm going to take the story in from here.

*adds vote for this*

Let me know. :D

No need here. Thx for the offer.

Edited by Reil

Love the story! All the twist and turns it has gone through, you really can't just sum it up in a simple summary. Besides that would be cheating for those who haven't read the entire thing.

Said who!?

Said me! Now go back into your box in my head and stay there!

fine but I will get out eventually and when I do...

You won't get out

fine

Love the way the stories gone! Saw portions of it coming others not so much. Still great story!:D

Roger roger. :csw_c3po: <---- closest I could get to one of those stupid droids

LOL. I retired two years ago and still can't let go of "Roger" and "Negative" militarisms. You reminded me that I laughed so hard at those flimsy little droids. Who makes a battle droid all wire and half inch tubing like that? Lucas, apparently.

Edited by Reil

• 2 weeks later...
Now all that needs done is to blow jaesa up... again. :rak_03:

Yeah, that's going to be hard to work in with the romance... but I have plans for her. Just you wait.

Wow....

Just reread everything... You did such a great job, really. I love this thread :)

Thank you! I hope to have an actual arc post soon. Stay tuned.

Yup. That were the problem. I was already working from the assumption it hadn't been real. That is why it totally went past me that you were letting off that hadn't been real. LOL. Blame it on his sand people abilities that even pre-human and human sand peoples didn't have. That tipped me off and made me FBI other inconsistencies and when it was that I last saw the gloves. I came back under the influence of Saki and detected the surprise the second time 'round :) Thx for answering, though. I'll try to, ahh.. not get ahead of myself next time.

Now the icky part I've been dreading is about to start LOL. I agree with the above. Can we explode her for real this time? Now, since a certain Captain in the shower (sans Jaesa) never materialized, I have to go off and do a sketch...

I actually based at least one of Quinn's abilities (the sand trap business) on a Sith Inquisitor move in-game. The name escapes me at the moment and I think it's an Assassin ability, but it's an AOE type of attack that can hold multiple parties in one place. Wish I remembered what it was. Gah!

As for Jaesa, we cannot blow her up, but I do have plans.

Stop trying to kill her, I need her for this!

Can a post be only an online kiss? because if so *MUAH* love your work my dear!

I do take kisses!

I take kisses, too.

Shoo shoo!

Whatever, you're not my real mom!

Love the story! All the twist and turns it has gone through, you really can't just sum it up in a simple summary. Besides that would be cheating for those who haven't read the entire thing.

Said who!?

Said me! Now go back into your box in my head and stay there!

fine but I will get out eventually and when I do...

You won't get out

fine

Love the way the stories gone! Saw portions of it coming others not so much. Still great story!:D

I'm still going to shoot for a summary, but the actual plot of the next arc has come flooding to me and I'm focusing on getting that out and down on paper then typed up and hope it makes sense!

Thanks for reading everyone! Since I haven't provided content for NSP in a long time, but still managed to hit 20000 views, stay tuned on this page for an update to follow very, very shortly!