How is everyone equipping Treek?

Darth_Wicked

I'm using Treek as a tank for my Sage and she's doing a sterling job.

I've not turned her healing abilities off, so she can tank, hold agro in the majority of cases and also throws some heals around which means I have to heal myself or her less than with say Qyzen.

As for actual gearing - used basic comes to get her a full set of purple where possible and then purchased the rest of the GTN at pretty low cost.

I'm using Treek as a tank for my Sage and she's doing a sterling job.
This.

Had her tank auged for a bit but switched to power augs instead for a tad more output. The only problem with fighting other players is that she has a tendency of jumping the companion, which is pretty pointless. when the companion is never a threat. I think tank companions should prioritize the real player in PvP.

• 2 months later...
Here are the armorings, mods, enhancements, barrel, implants and earpiece I use to outfit Treek for healing and tank. These are really starter mods for endgame (Level 55) play.

Healing:

• Reflex Armoring x8
  • Agile Mod x9
  • Adept Enhancements x3
  • Quick Savant Enhancements x4
  • Overkill Experimental Reflex Implant x2
  • Overkill Supercharged Rejuvenation Module x1
  • Reflex Barrel x1

Tanking:

• Commando Armoring x8
  • Deflecting Mod x9
  • Immunity Enhancements x7
  • Redoubt Experimental Response Implant x2
  • Redoubt Advanced Cosmic Combat Module Earpiece x1
  • Commando Barrel x1

Edited 8/22/2013 for corrections armor count and earpiece name

People have been listing what to gear treek with

However no one is saying how she "does" with Pure Aim > Power > Surge in tank stance

VS

How she does in tank stance with a full absorb > Shield > Def > End stat priority.

If someone could describe how well she tanks in each set of gear/stat priorities it would be appreciated.

I was planning on having my Cybetech/artifice make her a full set of purple lv53 mods/enh/armor and it would be nice to know whether a tanking set is worth it before i actually spend the money to do it.

If based on previous experiences people could enlighten me that would be great.

If somehow Treek can tank 2-4 heroic quests with full on tank gear that would be amazing..

highly doubtful but if someone would enlighten to me how she does with full tank gear at lv55 i would be ecstatic.

However no one is saying how she "does" with Pure Aim > Power > Surge in tank stance

VS

How she does in tank stance with a full absorb > Shield > Def > End stat priority.

If someone could describe how well she tanks in each set of gear/stat priorities it would be appreciated.

I was planning on having my Cybetech/artifice make her a full set of purple lv53 mods/enh/armor and it would be nice to know whether a tanking set is worth it before i actually spend the money to do it.

If somehow Treek can tank 2-4 heroic quests with full on tank gear that would be amazing..

highly doubtful but if someone would enlighten to me how she does with full tank gear at lv55 i would be ecstatic.

That was the purpose of this thread to begin with but then again, like so many other stuff, it got lost along the way I guess.

Either way, for what is worth, I ended up equipping her with tank gear and STILL use her as a healer regardless, every so often. I still think that when it comes to companions, the damage and healing output scales terribly, regardless of the gear at times.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

• 1 month later...

VS

INC slight necro. I use treek to tank the 4 man quest that you get on the gravity hook launch area. The quest where you have to board then bring down the moving ship. She tanks it like a boss. I two box it. My dps merc has treek and i box it with a healer sorc using revel. I have treek tank geared with shield/asorb mods and enhancements. Not much of a problem with anything and she holds aggro great. Did it at 53 for the first time and it was kinda daunting to box it but it wasnt that bad.

Thinking of swapping out mods and enhancements to more defense asorb.