How is everyone equipping Treek?

Darth_Wicked

I assume I'm not the only one who has thought of this but here goes regardless...

So as most of us already know, Treek can either tank or heal but to be more precise, my question is this: What kind of stuff should we equip Treek with? I assume that as a healer, she has no use whatsoever for shield or defense rating when healing or power and surge when tanking. Anyone tried to see if the difference is negligible or noticeable enough, depending on the gear she has on, plus her stance?

Either way, thanks for reading and paying attention. :cool:

I assume I'm not the only one who has thought of this but here goes regardless...

So as most of us already know, Treek can either tank or heal but to be more precise, my question is this: What kind of stuff should we equip Treek with? I assume that as a healer, she has no use whatsoever for shield or defense rating when healing or power and surge when tanking. Anyone tried to see if the difference is negligible or noticeable enough, depending on the gear she has on, plus her stance?

Either way, thanks for reading and paying attention. :cool:

Treek is either a tank or a healer depending on the stance she is in. She uses the mainstat "aim" like bountyhunter/trooper

EDIT: As a healer I would recommend power for consistent heals, and no shield rating etc. and other defensive powers will have little use for a healer.

Edited by Greenify

Treek is either a tank or a healer depending on the stance she is in. She uses the mainstat "aim" like bountyhunter/trooper

EDIT: As a healer I would recommend power for consistent heals, and no shield rating etc. and other defensive powers will have little use for a healer.

That's my assessment as well but again, I was hoping not to go the extra mile with her and have two separate armor sets, whenever I want her healing or tanking. Thus, was just wondering if anyone had tried already and checked if difference was negligible or noticeable.

She's actually capable of being both at the same time (more of a hybrid). I'm not sure if by bug or not but only one of her heals requires the healing stance (though a couple abilities become heals in heal stance too).

I'd say kit her out like a healer even if she's tanking as she does heal herself anyway, and I think those heals add more to her defense (effective health) than any defensive stats.

She's actually capable of being both at the same time (more of a hybrid). I'm not sure if by bug or not but only one of her heals requires the healing stance (though a couple abilities become heals in heal stance too).
actually 2 heals as one skill changes to a leap in tank stance

that said, my trooper geared her out as a tank, my shadow geared her out as a healer, and my scoundrel did a mixture of both (defense over absorb, a small amount of shield, reflex over commando modifications) because i switch back and forth a lot

Having gone through all the classes but the smuggler I think decking a tank companion out in defense and absorb to be a waste. I have 4 healing classes and even when I spec as a healer you end up chain healing them and that's no fun. They can taunt awesome just can't seem to take damage well. I usually set them up like my dps companions now and mess with the taunts manually if something goes south, works great. Face it the best companions you mainly use is either a healer or your best dps for speed with any of your classes. Any other way you just put up with the bs for roleplay.

Well, on my DPS Jugg that I'm currently leveling (lvl 44 at the moment) I put Greek in a Mike hybrid of gear. Mostly tanking armor, and my implants, ear piece, and blaster rifle in healing Based gear. Then keeping her in her Tanking stance, and she has proven to be quite capable at tanking all the while still tossing out heals that are more than sufficient. Had a couple fights end in her being semi close to dead but I walk away nearly unscathed but more often than not we can advance on to the next fight.

Either way Im loving her. I mean a tank that can tank and competently heal us both. Quinn can now be confined to the dark corners of the ship and galaxy to be my crafting slave birch like he deserves.

Mine gets a tank set and a healer set.

NO MORE QUINN = WIN

See with my Immortal Jugg I just used the Rakghoul event infected Quinn skin . I'm not a RP'er but just envisioned it as I immediately killed him, after you know what, and just used the force to reanimate his lifeless body and keep him healing and crafting for me.

See with my Immortal Jugg I just used the Rakghoul event infected Quinn skin . I'm not a RP'er but just envisioned it as I immediately killed him, after you know what, and just used the force to reanimate his lifeless body and keep him healing and crafting for me.

You mean the Quinncident? ;-)

And that sounds like sinister fun. :p

The different secondary attributes may be the reason why we get two sets of Treek armor.

If whe complain long and loud enough we get armorings, mods, enhancements, ... with alacrity, surge and shield, absorbition on them.

:)

Edited by discbox

• 2 weeks later...

Here are the armorings, mods, enhancements, barrel, implants and earpiece I use to outfit Treek for healing and tank. These are really starter mods for endgame (Level 55) play.

Healing:

• Reflex Armoring x8
  • Agile Mod x9
  • Adept Enhancements x3
  • Quick Savant Enhancements x4
  • Overkill Experimental Reflex Implant x2
  • Overkill Supercharged Rejuvenation Module x1
  • Reflex Barrel x1

Tanking:

• Commando Armoring x8
  • Deflecting Mod x9
  • Immunity Enhancements x7
  • Redoubt Experimental Response Implant x2
  • Redoubt Advanced Cosmic Combat Module Earpiece x1
  • Commando Barrel x1

Edited 8/22/2013 for corrections armor count and earpiece name

Edited by DanTheSysAdmin
correct armor count and earpiece name

She come with 2 gear sets - 1 equiped, 1 in box... first I was surprised why, but then remembered that tank & heal stances need different gear.

All tanking companion are joke ... tried on 50 level char - equipped her with blue 25 arms/mods/enhs/bars - Treek is same joke.

So she going to be healer or crafter.

I'm benching Quinn's butt for good (Doc's too) so Treek will be a healer. So aim, power, surge and perhaps a bit of crit.

In any case, I'm thinking of keeping her with a shield instead of a generator, just in case I need a quick switch to a tanking stance (if heals aren't being enough to get mobs off of me)

edit: lol, you can't properly say "butt" here

Edited by wainot-keel

You need a Quinntervention.

No one expects the Spanish Quinnquisition!

Gearing as a healer in most cases (only time i would think about having her tank is if my toon was specced healer). Not bothering too sets on any character, she will be one of ther other based one what that character needs.

I replaced the shield gen with a tech generator.

Working on gearing her up with aim, power, alacrity mods.

Edited by Arlon_Nabarlly

No one expects the Spanish Quinnquisition!

Gearing as a healer in most cases (only time i would think about having her tank is if my toon was specced healer). Not bothering too sets on any character, she will be one of ther other based one what that character needs.

I replaced the shield gen with a tech generator.

Working on gearing her up with aim, power, alacrity mods.

Change alacrity to surge/crit ... it doesn't work on companions.

I only got her on my slinger, I geared her as a healer. In a mishmash of gear from comms, mainly 69 and 72, but has some 66 gear too geared for healing. I never ever use a tank companion on any of my toons and rarely use a healer companion either, so knight and slinger was the only toons I could justify spending the credits on Treek with for soloing heroics and the SM 55 FPs. Have to say Treek is worth the credits, not only the best companion healer, but also pretty good damage output for a healing companion. Actually considering now getting her for my main (sawbones) just don't know when I would ever actaully use her. Tank companion is just too slow and would never use her as a healer.