No one votes for - Healers in WZ's

WIZBASKY

I am a bubble stun spec healer for WZ's, just in a game i just played I did 560k healing 2nd healer was 200k

Not 1 vote, I have been playing healer for last 2 weeks and I think in that Time i have gotten 3 votes, I can understand not voting for a DPSee, or a HUTBALL capper, as you do not really know who did what to help the game, a 1st place DPSer just may have been out for kills teh whole game not helping I have done that and come 1st in DPS.

and in hutball you cannot tell who did the capping at the scoreboard, but healers are eveident, VOTE FOR EM or you will probably start losing healers. After every game when i get no votes i feel like never healing for a PYG ever again, but i also like it, it's frustrating. Show some appreciation guys & gals.

Edited by WIZBASKY

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a bubble stun spec healer for WZ's, just in a game i just played I did 560k healing 2nd healer was 200k

Not 1 vote, I have been playing healer for last 2 weeks and I think in that Time i have gotten 3 votes, I can understand not voting for a DPSee, or a HUTBALL capper, as you do not really know who did what to help the game, a 1st place DPSer just may have been out for kills teh whole game not helping I have done that and come 1st in DPS.

and in hutball you cannot tell who did the capping at the scoreboard, but healers are eveident, VOTE FOR EM or you will probably start losing healers. After every game when i get no votes i feel like never healing for a PYG ever again, but i also like it, it's frustrating. Show some appreciation guys & gals.

I only vote for healers who are capable of affecting the game in more ways than just healing.

Kinda unfair to demand healers get the MVP votes :/ As much as I dislike being the only healer on our team and also apparently the only person who can pay any attention to sneaky cappers, I wouldn't tell people to MVP vote me for my heals lol. A healer can be just as tunnel-visiony as a DPS and just run off on their own and heal someone or themselves through a bunch of damage nowhere near the objective.

Kinda unfair to demand healers get the MVP votes :/ As much as I dislike being the only healer on our team and also apparently the only person who can pay any attention to sneaky cappers, I wouldn't tell people to MVP vote me for my heals lol. A healer can be just as tunnel-visiony as a DPS and just run off on their own and heal someone or themselves through a bunch of damage nowhere near the objective.

Well said. ;)

Well said. ;)

Speaking from experience haha. If I get tired and queue up, sometimesI just run off and get lost and heal through whatever attacks me. Totally useless, but the numbers look good. Thankfully I don't mind quite as much when I realize I do it because it's on a lowbie alt. Heh.

Many people will vote for their friends regardless of contribution. I do.

People with high healing can be great, but they can also not be. For instance, I was in a lowbie void star as a concealment Op and I capped the first door, the first bridge, the second door, and the first console.

Second round on defense I was solo guarding the off door. The ENTIRE TEAM on the other side let the opposing team through every door in record time and we lost. When I said, "Sigh, lowbie pugs. What are you gonna do?" This sage got all butthurt telling me how he did 420k healing.

I'd rather he had 1 dps the entire game and simply hit the person capping on his side repeatedly.

Numbers aren't everything when you're playing to win.

THANK YOU :eek:

I'm trying really hard to convey this message. Please read my threads and give feedback in the future.

It's definitely easy to see; I'd say you convey the message well enough. But that's someone else that, when in their right mind and fully functional, plays to win lol. So perhaps I don't count as much as changing the mind of someone who thinks numbers are the most important factor in the game.

DPS = selfish

HEALERS = Selfless

Vote for the healers they keeping your **** DPS *** alive

And in return, good DPS will help keep you alive with peels. You are nothing without those other 7 people. Don't believe me? Play with 7 kids who tunnel vision and are bad, against a team that has maybe 3 people who pay attention. You'll die, and you'll die quickly.

Ideally, in your average WZ it'd be nice to see everyone get a vote. Unfortunately, your ideal average WZ doesn't occur often. At least one person derps around and farms numbers instead of doing anything directly and intentionally useful. Luckily since they don't happen that can also mean that some people who actually do deserve those MVP votes can show up.

In a Hypergate, I once called incs on our pylon and I wasn't even there. I was mid, healing, and just watching the other guy's HP/debuffs. Generally I was also the only person to turn around and go help him. I'd make orb runs when I was able. But it wouldn't even surprise me to know that MVP votes in that game (a whopping 3 iirc) weren't given for those reasons, but instead because I topped heals. (Because I was the only healer tbh, ha.) Honestly I'm almost positive that played more part in it than anything because that team still lost and just was completely oblivious in general.

So no, you don't automatically deserve votes because you're healing. It takes more than that to deserve them; luckily for you, a lot of people just auto-vote the healer(s) because braindead.

Really? Every time I play a warzone (granted not as often as others) healers always get 3+ votes. I personally vote for the tanks (If they're in the warzone anyways) because I know (being one) they never get any votes, even from the healer they were guarding the whole game...

DPS = selfish

HEALERS = Selfless

Vote for the healers they keeping your **** DPS *** alive

I don't look at it that way. If I can't outheal what I would do in damage (I don't spread AOEs or DoTs, I focus down their healers and people who need to die) - then its a waste to play a healer. When solo queuing, with no guards, no DPS who knows how to peel, etc, it just seems like I always feel like I wasted the game if I go healer.

Really? Every time I play a warzone (granted not as often as others) healers always get 3+ votes. I personally vote for the tanks (If they're in the warzone anyways) because I know (being one) they never get any votes, even from the healer they were guarding the whole game...

they never get any votes cuz they get double dipper medals. protection and offense. hell, they even snag a healing medal. easily the top medal getters are tanks or hybrids who run with guard. I'm not upset. but when voting time comes around, ppl are less inclined to give tanks the nod cuz the medals come so easy for them.

I don't understand why some people think being a healer means they should get mvp. Sometimes the healer truly is the mvp, but sometimes it's that tank that is the only reason the healer stayed alive. Sometimes it's that stealther that is really good at solo capping VS plants or solo capping nodes, sometimes it's that one dude that actually bothered to play huttball and score for his team while the rest were goofing off fighting. I really hate that last one because if a healer is just fighting in huttball they can tend to get almost all the votes for their numbers while doing very little in actually helping the objective.

I vote for healers simply to try to encourage more players to play a healer. However, if there is one class that piss me off is a dps commando. Unless said dps commando is exceptionally gear, they are useless in warzones and are better off spec healing since that is their most effective spec. BW should add a negative vote so that we can vote down dps commandos. I don't know why any one would want to pvp with a dps commando useless in pvp. Also forgot to include melee scoundrels or operative. These are all people who aren't very gear or starting to gear up. Now if they have gear and augmentations I have no problem with commandos or melee scoundrels or operatives once they are geared since they hit hard, but before they reach that point they are squishy, have little group utility, and don't do a lot of dps. Thus, their best spec to start is a healing spec, which at least helps the group out. Edited by Knockerz