Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

Monoth

But there are multiple ways to play a warzone that are different enough for people to like one but not the other.

This is analogous with multiple ways to play on a beach that are different enough for people to like one but not the other.

Expecting people on the beach to play in a way they don't like just so that other people on the beach can have their fun is wrong.

Expecting people in the warzone to play in a way they don't like just so that other people in the warzone can have their fun is wrong.

The analogy is crystal clear.

Dont go to the beach if you dont like it ?

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love for them to implement a a skill based matchmaking system so i can figure out how to fool it in to dropping me into lower tiers. Just intentionally keep your points low and skip objectives so you can **** over bads all day =P

I'm clearly joking but I'm sure someone will figure this out if they get the chance.

I'd love for them to implement a a skill based matchmaking system so i can figure out how to fool it in to dropping me into lower tiers. Just intentionally keep your points low and skip objectives so you can **** over bads all day =P

I'm clearly joking but I'm sure someone will figure this out if they get the chance.

It already happens in the lowbie brackets. There are people who intentionally level to 54, twink out their toons, and play WZs only to leave before the scoreboard comes up so they don't get XP and level.

BTW, I have no idea why a beach is involved in this discussion but it's probably the dumbest analogy I've ever heard.

Edited by DimeStax

I am not compromising because there is nothing to compromise about.

Telling players they should suffer just so that other players can have fun is wrong, period.

Having to play with baddies isn't suffering. I should have to suffer so they can have fun?

I am not compromising because there is nothing to compromise about.

Telling players they should suffer just so that other players can have fun is wrong, period.

Then go, O' moral one.

Go to the forums and create threads for individual toggles to give players the ability to restrict the system from matching against anything they do not find fun. List each spec, class, and mechanic, as well as any use of the warzone even if it isn't the intended purpose of it. Maybe even include legacy valor move-only users and such.

There is a public space.

It has one purpose and intended use.

Multiple players want to use it.

Dividing the space and/or players hurts both sides.

In order for everyone to use the public space, compromise must be achieved.

I am willing to do so, you are not.

You are no more moral than I, you are simply more self serving. No one is an Island. Not in life, not in a game.

Then go, O' moral one.

Go to the forums and create threads for individual toggles to give players the ability to restrict the system from matching against anything they do not find fun.

Again, why should i?

If someone is unhappy with some aspect of the game, it is up to him to make the issue public and request a change.

I certainly won't tell him he can't have it because "my fun demands you keep suffering" like some do in this thread.

Again, why should i?

If someone is unhappy with some aspect of the game, it is up to him to make the issue public and request a change.

I certainly won't tell him he can't have it because "my fun demands you keep suffering" like some do in this thread.

Someone is "Suffering" in Regular Warzones? Tryhard much? First world problems.

Someone is "Suffering" in Regular Warzones? Tryhard much? First world problems.

http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/12/05/blizzard-takes-a-stand-against-pre-mades-battleground-groups/

"Perhaps it's been a long time since you've been in a random group, but a lot of players will see that they're up against a premade and simply quit. At best, they suffer through it."

I borrowed a quote from Blizzard. Yes, they used the word 'suffer'.

Edited by Sharee

Again, why should i?

You should do it because it's what's Right.

Just as We should allow PuG's their special warzone queue because it's what's Right.

:rolleyes: Similarly by that logic there are multiple ways of having fun in a library. If I want to go in there and read books at the top of my lungs no one should stop me. If they do, they better have a separate library for people who like to read books at the top of their lungs.

Just as We should allow PuG's their special warzone queue because it's what's Right.

so Puggers should suffer through a pre-made couse its was right for you?

and i already know you dont like anything that havent been written by you or any other premader.

so have a question that are based on historical facts. what would you do if you were Genghis Khan and should cross the Chinees wall to invade China? (the wall a sht load of puggers) and i give you 3 choices. 1st crawl over this god forsaken wall. 2nd. dig your way under it, or the 3rd. walk around it? pick your choice but think carefully couse 2 of the ways will lead to "your" death.

Once again, if someone is unhappy with some aspect of the game, it is up to him to make the issue public and request a change, not someone else. That is what's right.

But of course you know that and are just trolling by now. Have fun.

and i already know you dont like anything that havent been written by you or any other premader.

so have a question that are based on historical facts. what would you do if you were Genghis Khan and should cross the Chinees wall to invade China? (the wall a sht load of puggers) and i give you 3 choices. 1st crawl over this god forsaken wall. 2nd. dig your way under it, or the 3rd. walk around it? pick your choice but think carefully couse 2 of the ways will lead to "your" death.

:rolleyes: Another poster come to take a shot.

I think players should be matched by a skill-based matchmaking (or a win-loss criteria). Nothing to do with PuG's vs. Premades or thinking PuG's shouldn't have fun. I even think, if population can sustain it it should be a matchmaking based on Queue type -and- skill-rating of some kind. (Ie, Group vs. Group, PuG vs. PuG is prioritized.)

I'm only against a hard division/split of the queues (a toggle is a hard division). I'm against it because it causes logistic problems in the queues, it keeps the most players unable to play of the two options, and my personal favorite:

It doesn't target the actual problem.

Time and time again PuG's here swear they've got -No Problem- with the casual groups. It's them damn rank-schluffing highly competitive, geared to the teeth 4-man premade that's ticking them off. The problem then is that higher competitive/skilled/geared/something-non-offensive are pitted against low competitive/skilled/geared/something-non-offensive indiscriminately. Match making targets that, solo options do no.

So don't jump in and think you understand me, my position, or my beliefs based on this recent round about with Sharee and his/her Beach debacle. I'm not gonna play your little Genghis Khan game either, it's irrelevant.

He went around it not that it has anything to do with the conversation because after doing so the wall became pointless.

So the wall, puggers, would still be there but now be even more at the mercy of the Mongols, premades, because they now control both sides of the wall and they, the puggers, are now rendered obsolete and useless.

So, what was the point of the question?

Once again, if someone is unhappy with some aspect of the game, it is up to him to make the issue public and request a change, not someone else. That is what's right.

But of course you know that and are just trolling by now. Have fun.

No.

You made a moral argument. You used an unrelated hypothetical to justify something as "Right" and why no one should oppose your view point. Your hypothetical was piss poor and irrelevant, but you are/were to stubborn to admit it. Then you tried the almighty:

It's wrong, Period!

If you argue on the side of morality, then you better be *********** moral in all aspects. If not, then you are a self-serving hypocrite. You only care what's "right" if it serves what you want.

That's all. Go stew in it.

:rolleyes: Another poster come to take a shot.

I think players should be matched by a skill-based matchmaking (or a win-loss criteria). Nothing to do with PuG's vs. Premades or thinking PuG's shouldn't have fun. I even think, if population can sustain it it should be a matchmaking based on Queue type -and- skill-rating of some kind. (Ie, Group vs. Group, PuG vs. PuG is prioritized.)

I'm only against a hard division/split of the queues (a toggle is a hard division). I'm against it because it causes logistic problems in the queues, it keeps the most players unable to play of the two options, and my personal favorite:

It doesn't target the actual problem.

Time and time again PuG's here swear they've got -No Problem- with the casual groups. It's them damn rank-schluffing highly competitive, geared to the teeth 4-man premade that's ticking them off. The problem then is that higher competitive/skilled/geared/something-non-offensive are pitted against low competitive/skilled/geared/something-non-offensive indiscriminately. Match making targets that, solo options do no.

So don't jump in and think you understand me, my position, or my beliefs based on this recent round about with Sharee and his/her Beach debacle. I'm not gonna play your little Genghis Khan game either, it's irrelevant.

really?

you never the question, but propperly becouse you dont have a clue about it.

you want to have fun and not face puggers, so the question is relevant, cosue the answer leads to an easy solution wich you apprently dont have the intelegence for to figure out

If Genghis kahn saw a giant wall full of puggers he wouldn't go in without his team of premades. :D

He went around it not that it has anything to do with the conversation because after doing so the wall became pointless.

So the wall, puggers, would still be there but now be even more at the mercy of the Mongols, premades, because they now control both sides of the wall and they, the puggers, are now rendered obsolete and useless.

So, what was the point of the question?

the point is with the question is.

if you want to get this wall you could do the ranked wich you apprently wont or cant of unsertan reasons, or many of the premades havent figured out where the quee is. but if you walk around the Puggers you find a ranked quee to get your competicion, and if not you still ahev walked around the wall but you still die of boredom right?

the point is with the question is.

if you want to get this wall you could do the ranked wich you apprently wont or cant of unsertan reasons, or many of the premades havent figured out where the quee is. but if you walk around the Puggers you find a ranked quee to get your competicion, and if not you still ahev walked around the wall but you still die of boredom right?

Nothing you write makes sense. You want to talk about history. When Attila went to attack rome he went with a small army. The closer he got to rome he picked up rival clans and built his army on the way there. Basically his little group was a pug, but he knew he wasn't going to be able to beat the big bad premade called rome by himself. Therefore he picked up other pugs with the idea of beating the big bad premade called rome. Guess what he did win.

Still a not a great analogy/example.

First, the assumption is that the racers with normal cars have/had little to no ability to get better cars when the other racers did.

I will tell this to the 5 days /played guys who want to join NM operations in level 53 greens. "Dude you had the ability to get elite gear".

Wait is this completely stupid? Yes it is... exactly like pretending 5 days /played guys who go play WZs to actually gear up, get liberally roflstomped till they quit the game.

Second, there's some regular racers who race against Premium car racers without complaint or issue.

There are also guys who pay double the taxes because they are rich and generous. Is it the norm? NO.

Third, doesn't cover the logistical problems that our situation would suffer. It's not a simple "I don't want my time to go up," as much as it's a problem of filling, back filling, match forming, etc...

You'll have the issue that my server is facing: extremely few play PvP any more because it's an exercise of frustrating futility. Guess what? They don't give a fu..dge of your precious logistical problems, go in RL and take them back into resubbing the game if you can.

Fifth, those who don't want to race against Premium cars still want all the benefits of racing.

Yes getting 1 piece of gear every 3 weeks is CLEARLY abusing of the same abilities of those who farm R coms or strings of 140 WZs even for their alts by farming the others.

Finally, the biggest problem that is left out most often:

I know you've mentioned support of matchmaking, but in neither analogy is the "Castle-maker" or the "Normal Car Racer" given another option with less problems, that is all inclusive, as fair as possible... and then turns it down.

Which is the exact situation here. Some solo-centric players decided this isn't fun (not all). They want their own special race track no matter the costs/issues it causes other players, and given another option they refuse it. (Not you per say)

There's this little issue: regardless how loud you demand PUGgers to harden up and get farmed for your amusement, regardless of the snake oil reasoning... in the end they quit the game. THEY command with their wallet not you, because they switch game and you remain waiting for 40 minutes for a pop.

Have fun till you can, my server is your future, a future where at 9.40pm a faction stops playing and all you get are (sparse) same faction WZs. Because all those dead meat randoms got tired of being your ca-ching of WZ coms.

Edited by Vaerah

If you argue on the side of morality, then you better be *********** moral in all aspects. If not, then you are a self-serving hypocrite. You only care what's "right" if it serves what you want.

You need to look up what the word 'hypocrite' means.

A person who preaches drinking wine is bad but drinks it himself is a hypocrite.

A person who preaches drinking wine is bad but does not go out and actively prevent others from drinking wine is not a hypocrite. He is just a person with an opinion who recognizes it is everyone's personal choice whether he drinks wine or not.

Just like it is everyone's personal choice whether to request changes to this game or not. Even if i believe in his right to have fun, I can not do it for him, nor should i(especially considering i can not possibly know what everyone else would like to be changed).

Edited by Sharee

really?

you never the question, but propperly becouse you dont have a clue about it.

you want to have fun and not face puggers, so the question is relevant, cosue the answer leads to an easy solution wich you apprently dont have the intelegence for to figure out

Did you just lecture me on intelligence, and spell it wrong in the same post?

:rolleyes: Sorry, I don't debate Creationists.