MAJOR SPOILER Please don't bring him back.

that_Spartan_IV

Lets not forget, maybe Tomatoe Scourge is behind all of this . He does want to take the Emprore place (I recall vaguely something about him saying something about a Vision or something.....didnt play the JK class in ages since I cant stand it) . He could've sweet talked the Jeeday into activating the trap..hoping he destroy the body..grab the power for himself...

I mean he doesnt care for the Jeeday . When I played Onslaught, as a jedi..he bail . He doesnt stick around, under the pretense of ''I won't fight my peoples'' :rolleyes: (But he was nowhere to be found when they were being used and killed..right, so much caring)

Scourge's vision was about the Hero of Tython defeating Vitiate and taking his power as their own, not Scourge becoming the Emperor.

When reuniting with the JK in his AA after Onslaught, Scourge states that the JK accomplished his vision and exceeded his expectations and then states that when he lost his immortality and his emotions came back, he realised he actually cared about the JK's crew and especially the JK and that he wants to stay by the JK's side to protect them.

Edited by Goreshaga

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scourge's vision was about the Hero of Tython defeating Vitiate and taking his power as their own, not Scourge becoming the Emperor.

When reuniting with the JK in his AA after Onslaught, Scourge states that the JK accomplished his vision and exceeded his expectations and then states that when he lost his immortality and his emotions came back, he realised he actually cared about the JK's crew and especially the JK and that he wants to stay by the JK's side to protect them.

Ewww more 'caring' ? Just ew lol

Yeah..how about you take him away from me huh ? lol

I'm planning on Stabbing him repeatedly...till I can make ketchup out of his remain! :p

Ewww more 'caring' ? Just ew lol

Yeah..how about you take him away from me huh ? lol

I'm planning on Stabbing him repeatedly...till I can make ketchup out of his remain! :p

Well to each their own. I quite like him.

The whole AA was pretty much him trying to confess to my JK with her not understanding or pretending she didn't understand and friendzoning him :D

Hm my Nox would like to stabb him repeatedly too but not with a lightsaber :rolleyes:

My JK is already taken, but my poor Nox needs love and would rather choose the most painful torture than romance Ashara, so i'd really like if we could romance Scourge on characters who are not Knights.

• 2 months later...

I mean he doesnt care for the Jeeday . When I played Onslaught, as a jedi..he bail . He doesnt stick around, under the pretense of ''I won't fight my peoples'' :rolleyes: (But he was nowhere to be found when they were being used and killed..right, so much caring) .

Kira does the same thing on the opposite side, she refuses to kill any republic soliders or Jedi. You cannot fault either one for that. They are both honest and upfront about that and while some of my characters may not like it, they can respect them for that.

Edited by casirabit

Kira does the same thing on the opposite side, she refuses to kill any republic soliders or Jedi. You cannot fault either one for that. They are both honest and upfront about that and while some of my characters may not like it, they can respect them for that.

It also makes more sense IMO than having all returning squadmates loyalties be entirely to the protagonist rather than the faction. Kira's class story content & backstory would honestly make fighting for the Empire completely out of character.

Personally I think they should have also went the same way with Theron & Lana, with Theron refusing to betray the Republic & Lana being a staunch Empire loyalist.

It also makes more sense IMO than having all returning squadmates loyalties be entirely to the protagonist rather than the faction. Kira's class story content & backstory would honestly make fighting for the Empire completely out of character.

Personally I think they should have also went the same way with Theron & Lana, with Theron refusing to betray the Republic & Lana being a staunch Empire loyalist.

While I can understand with Kira I don't agree with that it should have been the same way for Lana and Theron. This blocks Empire and Republic players from having Lana and Theron and their romance as there is so few same-sex romances early on. Even now with add romances such as Jaesa and Arcann they are not fleshed out.

Also considering a large amount of Lana's and Theron's relationship with people's characters mostly took place in the Alliance it does to me make sense that they are loyal to the Commander not their respective factions. Somethings go beyond ideology, people are more complicated and having Lana dedicated only to the Empire and Theron only to the Republic is boring and black and white storytelling.

Ideally the story would branch off in several different directions according to your MC's specific choice of loyalty, and I'd have liked to see Theron and Lana leaving if you join their opposing faction directly, but staying with you if you remain independent or join their faction.

Given the rather on-rails story content since Rishi though, I doubt the ideal will come to pass, even though I only think it would take a tiny bit of ambition to realise.

I'm very glad that Kira stays loyal to the Republic and the Jedi, anything else would have been character assassination.

Lana and Theron, I believe, have already demonstrated a bit are more flexibility than Kira in their loyalties, but I personally think Theron should eventually leave if the Empire goes "too far" in his mind during it's war with the Republic. It seems they already are planting the seeds of that.

Edited by OldVengeance

One other thing I did want to say is that I'd actually be down for one last encounter with some incarnation of Vitiate. I always felt the "Vitiate" version of the character came to really jarring and unsatisfying abrupt conclusion on Ziost. And I thought it would be nice to tie both Valkorion and Vitiate together in some sort of epilogue for the character.

My hope is that maybe we'd get to see both Doug Bradly and Darin de Paul back for it. If we see glimpses of his past in the Force or whatever, hearing both of their voices would be a great continuity nod and might help make the transition from one to the other feel more smooth.

It would also be cool if the characters who knew him in his different forms got to interact. For example, Senya and Arcann knew, loved and hated Valkorion for a long time, but they never knew Vitiate and never met Scourge.

• 3 months later...
I have to agree the whole Valkorian story was pretty cool, it was nice to get to see that aspect of the story since there has been so much speculation surrounding him for so long. I think the constant the Emperor is the bad guy and we can't ever beat him is getting old though, need some new stuff. Not even going to begin to speculate what this would be but I'm hoping the Emperor story as a whole comes to an end soon.

• 1 month later...
One other thing I did want to say is that I'd actually be down for one last encounter with some incarnation of Vitiate. I always felt the "Vitiate" version of the character came to really jarring and unsatisfying abrupt conclusion on Ziost. And I thought it would be nice to tie both Valkorion and Vitiate together in some sort of epilogue for the character.

My hope is that maybe we'd get to see both Doug Bradly and Darin de Paul back for it. If we see glimpses of his past in the Force or whatever, hearing both of their voices would be a great continuity nod and might help make the transition from one to the other feel more smooth.

It would also be cool if the characters who knew him in his different forms got to interact. For example, Senya and Arcann knew, loved and hated Valkorion for a long time, but they never knew Vitiate and never met Scourge.

I really like this idea, hope it happens.

I love the way the story has evolved, and I'm wondering how long we wait for the next installment. Do we find the ship? *of course* Malgus and Vaylen have some similar leash issues. I think Tau's clothing was designed to drive ocd people nuts..very stupid design. I do want to see the empire be a true ally to the alliance and not the betrayal stuff. I find that so boring. Oh and I want some romance dialogue /options with my husband/wife. this romance then marry then be just working is again stupid.

Definitely agree. I didnt like Vitiate's character, nor his voice actor. Valkorion was only a lilbit better IMO. But they're both big part of the game's story so it would be best to try and smooth out some very rough edges like the Vitiate-Valkorion transition.

Plus, Ossus-Onslaught "story" is so bland, boring and banal that at this stage even Emperor V's 23837th return is more interesting than one big nothing the story became after Nathema finale. Thats how bad things are.

Edited by Pietrastor

Plus, Ossus-Onslaught "story" is so bland, boring and banal that at this stage even Emperor V's 23837th return is more interesting than one big nothing the story became after Nathema finale. Thats how bad things are.

So you actually prefer the infantile sopa opera scribbled by a petulant teenager that was KOTET and KOTFE to the return of the Jedi/Sith conflict that lets you choose one of six outcomes? Yeah, that makes sense.

Edited by Chaosataoist

So you actually prefer the infantile sopa opera scribbled by a petulant teenager that was KOTET and KOTFE to the return of the Jedi/Sith conflict that lets you choose one of six outcomes? Yeah, that makes sense.
i definitely prefer any story that took more than 5 minutes to write. EVEN if imperfect or even a disappointement. And there are no six outcomes in Onslaught. We picked a flavour of dialogues and nothing changed in the galaxy. Every player still got same cutscene later on with Task Force Nova and The Hand. Galaxy is still locked in stalemate war. Corellia changed nothing. One decent aspect (Saboteur path with a couple of exclusive cutcenes) aint enough to salvage completion lack of ambition, fresh ideas and passion in Ossus-Onslaught story era. Its a low effort rehash of Corellia/Ilum from vanilla game. I want new, not remaking same old. Look how that turned out for Sequel Trilogy... Edited by Pietrastor

i definitely prefer any story that took more than 5 minutes to write. EVEN if imperfect or even a disappointement. And there are no six outcomes in Onslaught. We picked a flavour of dialogues and nothing changed in the galaxy. Every player still got same cutscene later on with Task Force Nova and The Hand. Galaxy is still locked in stalemate war. Corellia changed nothing. One decent aspect (Saboteur path with a couple of exclusive cutcenes) aint enough to salvage completion lack of ambition, fresh ideas and passion in Ossus-Onslaught story era. Its a low effort rehash of Corellia/Ilum from vanilla game. I want new, not remaking same old. Look how that turned out for Sequel Trilogy...

Let's see, in KOTFE an "Alliance" is formed to take down an "Empire", complete with its own S(torm)kytroopers, wherein a family of force-sensitives is fighting amongst each other. Yeah, some really ambitious, groundbreaking stuff there. Oh, right, but this time, there's a "sister"!

I'm sure the chapter where every class, even a trooper, runs around a mystical forest listening to barely coherent babble about the Force (complete with backpack - just like Luke!) took a lot of time and effort to write.

In the end, KOTFE didn't change anything either. The player destroys the sudden, new threat Bioware pulled out of their ***, while losing their "throne", their super awesome spaceship, etc.

Meanwhile, Onslaught ends with either much of the Republic fleet obliterated or much of the Imperial fleet destroyed in a failed attack on the supposedly revolutionary shipyard. The player can end up back on their chosen side, apart from it, or even secretly plotting against it. The agent can become Keeper FFS.

On top of that, various characters react to you differenly depending on who you are, whether you met them before or what you did previously. There are a lot of references to what happened before and it really feels like a continuation of the player's story, not some weird, fever dream tangent.

I just hope they continue building on this and all the choices - whether you're a loyalist or independent, etc. - make a difference. Because it would be easy for them to squander this too.

(Sorry for derailing the thread, I was just curious what the argument was).

Edited by Chaosataoist

Let's see, in KOTFE an "Alliance" is formed to take down an "Empire", complete with its own S(torm)kytroopers, wherein a family of force-sensitives is fighting amongst each other. Yeah, some really ambitious, groundbreaking stuff there. Oh, right, but this time, there's a "sister"!
Yes yes, there was also an entire faction of sentient AIs playing massive role in Original Trilogy with its own agendas, goals, taking over the "Empire" throuought the course of the story etc. That alone makes KOTFEET 10 times more original than anything in Onslaught. Love how you just couldn't find a way to work that one out into your "remake" synopsis of KOTFE so instead u pretended it didn't happen.

I'm sure the chapter where every class, even a trooper, runs around a mystical forest listening to barely coherent babble about the Force (complete with backpack - just like Luke!) took a lot of time and effort to write.
Good comparsion. That chapter indeed probably took as much effort to write as Onslaught = little. The 'tiny' difference being that there are 15 other chapters.

In the end, KOTFE didn't change anything either. The player destroys the sudden, new threat Bioware pulled out of their ***, while losing their "throne", their super awesome spaceship, etc.
It change the state-of-the-galaxy and power balance for good 6+ years of in-game time and some 2+ years real time. Did Onslaught change even a second? Nope.

Meanwhile, Onslaught ends with either much of the Republic fleet obliterated or much of the Imperial fleet destroyed in a failed attack on the supposedly revolutionary shipyard.
And the stalemate war goes on like usual business. Such impact...

The player can end up back on their chosen side, apart from it, or even secretly plotting against it. The agent can become Keeper FFS.
That's good aspect of Onslaught. Unfortunately, one of the very few ones.

On top of that, various characters react to you differenly depending on who you are, whether you met them before or what you did previously. There are a lot of references to what happened before and it really feels like a continuation of the player's story, not some weird, fever dream tangent.
Are there exclusive missions for each class? No? Then lets not get hysterical about Onslaught feeling like a continuation of player story. SOR was more of that if anything.

I just hope they continue building on this and all the choices - whether you're a loyalist or independent, etc. - make a difference. Because it would be easy for them to squander this too.
And now we get to a whole different level of debate - do you think current Bioware is capable of that? Or even 2012 Bioware (ME3's ending choices and consequences anyone?) I think I'm on the realistic side assuming that it will amount to nothing more than flavour dialogue. It's nice, but I would rather have more ambitious & bigger storylines in exchange, even if without "class flavour".

tl;dr if you're so easily plactated by class-dialogue flavour that you'll eat up even the shortest, blandest and most banal story imaginable then there's nothing I can say to convince you. Regardless of flaws & flauts of KOTFE. It featured long, multi-layered story with many fresh ideas (even if accompanied by rehashed ones). You can't say that about Onslaught and it's not a matter of opinion but simple facts.

Edited by Pietrastor

Yes yes, there was also an entire faction of sentient AIs playing massive role in Original Trilogy with its own agendas, goals, taking over the "Empire" throuought the course of the story etc. That alone makes KOTFEET 10 times more original than anything in Onslaught. Love how you just couldn't find a way to work that one out into your "remake" synopsis of KOTFE so instead u pretended it didn't happen.

Love how you pretend that was a big part of the story. It's the last few chapters in, let's see, 25 chapters of inconsequential running around and asinine dialogue. They were bound to stumble on something that wasn't completely derivative. Now derivative of what's been done in Star Wars, mind you, because that whole storyline (if you can call it that) wasn't original by any stretch of the imagination.

Good comparsion. That chapter indeed probably took as much effort to write as Onslaught = little. The 'tiny' difference being that there are 15 other chapters.

It change the state-of-the-galaxy and power balance for good 6+ years of in-game time and some 2+ years real time. Did Onslaught change even a second? Nope.

And the stalemate war goes on like usual business. Such impact...

And that's the main problem with your comparison, you act as if the story started in Ossus, and continued in Onslaught, is done. You're comparing 25 mind-numbing chapters to essentially three planet missions and a flashpoint. If you wanted to be fair, by the time you're done with Onslaught, you're still trying to escape Zakuul in KOTFE.

I'm glad you like the fact that everything that "change the state-of-the-galaxy and power balance for good 6+ years" happened off-screen while you were frozen in carbonite. Great game there. I definitely prefer to actually make choices myself in a game and see what happens.

Are there exclusive missions for each class? No? Then lets not get hysterical about Onslaught feeling like a continuation of player story. SOR was more of that if anything.

Jesus, at least try to think these answers through first. You mean that one class-related mission on Rishi? While both factions are doing the exact same thing on all three planets?

No, there are no exclusive missions for each class in Onslaught and we'll never get that again. But at least it makes a little difference if, for example, you're a Mandalorian when talking to Indigo. Or if you are a Sith Warrior who met Malora back on Korriban. That's what I mean by a continuation. You're not forced to do everything everyone else does and things happen a little differently depending on who your character is. And then, of course, are the choices you can make regarding your own future and the outcome of the current conflict I already mentioned. Something you don't have anywhere in the entire 25 chapters - yes, you have to take down Valkorion and Vailyn and yes, you have to take the throne. Keeping Arcann alive or letting Scorpio go has absolutely no impact on anything.

You should stick to on-rail shooters if you just want to go and do what the developers tell you to.

And now we get to a whole different level of debate - do you think current Bioware is capable of that? Or even 2012 Bioware (ME3's ending choices and consequences anyone?) I think I'm on the realistic side assuming that it will amount to nothing more than flavour dialogue. It's nice, but I would rather have more ambitious & bigger storylines in exchange, even if without "class flavour".

No, that's not a debate, you're just assuming a lot. I'm talking about what we already have. Plus you assume they can't pull off a decent continuation of what's already in the game, but can pull off a completely new and more ambitious storyline? And you're being the realistic one? Just stop, you're embarrassing yourself.

tl;dr if you're so easily plactated by class-dialogue flavour that you'll eat up even the shortest, blandest and most banal story imaginable then there's nothing I can say to convince you. Regardless of flaws & flauts of KOTFE. It featured long, multi-layered story with many fresh ideas (even if accompanied by rehashed ones). You can't say that about Onslaught and it's not a matter of opinion but simple facts.

I guess you haven't been around here long. There's a reason the developers added a way to skip all of your beloved KOTFE and KOTET so you just don't have to deal with the same repetitive nonsense on each new character. The majority of people have welcomed Ossus and Onslaught as a step in the right direction, a return to what made this game great. Why do you think so many players left during the whole KOTFE era? If you don't believe me, ask anyone or google it yourself. KOTFE killed the potential SWTOR had.

So no, nothing you wrote is fact. You are the minority and it's funny to me how blindly you can defend that crap.

Love how you pretend that was a big part of the story.
Love how you pretend it's not.

And that's the main problem with your comparison, you act as if the story started in Ossus, and continued in Onslaught, is done. You're comparing 25 mind-numbing chapters to essentially three planet missions and a flashpoint. If you wanted to be fair, by the time you're done with Onslaught, you're still trying to escape Zakuul in KOTFE.
It's been 1,5 years since Ossus. Entire KOTFEET was over within 1,5 years. Unless your argument is "ohh but just wait another 5 years of rehashed Imp vs Rep and something fresh will finally happen". There's a reasonable amount of time in which a story should become interesting and Ossus/Onslaught is way past that.

Jesus, at least try to think these answers through first. You mean that one class-related mission on Rishi? While both factions are doing the exact same thing on all three planets?
Of course I mean that. That's an ACTUAL CLASS CONTENT, not some dialogue flavour. And I hated rest of SOR story but in comparsion to Onslaught it actually did include true continuation of class stories & characters lol. Do you even try to think your anserws through?

I guess you haven't been around here long. There's a reason the developers added a way to skip all of your beloved KOTFE and KOTET

Just like they allowed skipping class stories, ROTHC, SOR, and will do so with Onslaught lol?

So no, nothing you wrote is fact. You are the minority and it's funny to me how blindly you can defend that crap.

It absolutely is a fact that Onslaught is a short & banal story :) Edited by Pietrastor

Wow, you skipped a lot. Okay then, let's wrap this up, my last two cents. (By the way, rushing to post so you can't even get the formatting right is never a good sign).

It's been 1,5 years since Ossus. Entire KOTFEET was over within 1,5 years. Unless your argument is "ohh but just wait another 5 years of rehashed Imp vs Rep and something fresh will finally happen". There's a reasonable amount of time in which a story should become interesting and Ossus/Onslaught is way past that.

No, my argument, once again, is what the player does. I don't care what someone tells me happened while "I was away". This is a game, not a documentary. And you do far more significant things in the same amount of playtime in Ossus and Onslaught than you do in KOTFE.

Of course I mean that. That's an ACTUAL CLASS CONTENT, not some dialogue flavour. And I hated rest of SOR story but in comparsion to Onslaught it actually did include true continuation of class stories & characters lol. Do you even try to think your anserws through?

So you hated SOR too? I bet KOTFE is probably the only thing you did like in STWOR. Enough said, I shouldn't have bothered.

Just like they allowed skipping class stories, ROTHC, SOR, and will do so with Onslaught lol?

For continuity's sake, you can't skip one without the other. Guess which part people are actually skipping?

It absolutely is a fact that Onslaught is a short & banal story :)

Sure, buddy, you do you.

Edited by Chaosataoist

No, my argument, once again, is what the player does. I don't care what someone tells me happened while "I was away". This is a game, not a documentary. And you do far more significant things in the same amount of playtime in Ossus and Onslaught than you do in KOTFE.
Such as 1 conflict on Ossus and 1 battle over Meridian complex. That's about it of grand events taking place in the past 1,5 years.

So you hated SOR too? I bet KOTFE is probably the only thing you did like in STWOR. Enough said, I shouldn't have bothered.
Oh look, you're wrong again welp. I enjoyed ROTHC story very much, love Agent, Inquisitor, Trooper Act 1 and many other sections. Guess you need to find excuses to hate on all of that now to make my criticism of Onslaught "invalid".

For continuity's sake, you can't skip one without the other. Guess which part people are actually skipping?

They're skipping whatever they feel like and it's possible to skip almost everything in the game now. Same will happen with Onslaught, regardless of continuity. Your argument again? Edited by Pietrastor

Oh look, you're wrong again welp.

Did you just try to call me a "whelp", you barely literate halfwit? That's pretty funny.

Here's some advice, because looking at other threads I might be the only person you actually had a conversation with and I'm starting to feel sorry for you.

Try to actually read what people write (instead of skipping three quarters of a post) and then take the time to form a coherent answer to the whole argument (not cherry-picking individual sentences and pretending you're "winning the argument"). Taking the time to check your atrocious grammar and spelling would also help greatly. Maybe then people won't think your opinions are "invalid".

Did you just try to call me a "whelp", you barely literate halfwit? That's pretty funny.

Here's some advice, because looking at other threads I might be the only person you actually had a conversation with and I'm starting to feel sorry for you.

Try to actually read what people write (instead of skipping three quarters of a post) and then take the time to form a coherent answer to the whole argument (not cherry-picking individual sentences and pretending you're "winning the argument"). Taking the time to check your atrocious grammar and spelling would also help greatly. Maybe then people won't think your opinions are "invalid".

Nope, check some dictrionary what welp means and how it's used. :) Oh and english aint my first language but I still think I'm doing pretty good. So good in fact you understood everything perfectly. That is until you ran out of arguments and resorted to personal insults. Good going! :)