Mercenary PVP: When BW will buff?

RedKubrick

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no video evidence...i could ask a couple friends to come in here and give eye witness acounts if that would appease the court.

the best evidence i can produce is a few random SS's of WZ's. and, to be completely honest, open, and forthcoming with you, those are mainly late night SS's. there is a pretty good repub guild on my server, with a group that seems intent on shutting me down, so i have my low # WZ's. not in damage tho...i always top that...(all these are solo q's):

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/8856/screenshot2012051023464.jpg

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/555/screenshot2012051018155.jpg

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/7193/screenshot2012051017372.jpg

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/4781/screenshot2012050221405.jpg

http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/6285/screenshot2012050122150.jpg

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/8963/screenshot2012042500535.jpg

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/1572/screenshot2012041821022.jpg

***EDIT: buff me, PLEASE!!!

I hope you realize there is no way to tell if you're playing a PT or a Merc from those shots. And BTW, what the hell is a PT/Merc?

Edit: Oh, healing spells, must be playing Pyro.

2nd Edit: Never more than 4 BH's. WZ stacked with Sorc's and Mara's.

Edited by fujeo-finel

no video evidence...i could ask a couple friends to come in here and give eye witness acounts if that would appease the court.

the best evidence i can produce is a few random SS's of WZ's. and, to be completely honest, open, and forthcoming with you, those are mainly late night SS's. there is a pretty good repub guild on my server, with a group that seems intent on shutting me down, so i have my low # WZ's. not in damage tho...i always top that...(all these are solo q's):

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/8856/screenshot2012051023464.jpg

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/555/screenshot2012051018155.jpg

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/7193/screenshot2012051017372.jpg

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/4781/screenshot2012050221405.jpg

http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/6285/screenshot2012050122150.jpg

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/8963/screenshot2012042500535.jpg

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/1572/screenshot2012041821022.jpg

***EDIT: buff me, PLEASE!!!

You play on a non-competitive, dead server, that has horrid bad players.

You can pretty much go AFK and get those numbers in that situation.

Mercs are the worst class in the game.

Ninja, I thought you quit. Haven't seen you on PO5 for a long time. Did you roll somewhere else?

Hi Assasin!

I think there are some great BH Arsenal people that make it work, id love to get better and would love for some god BH Arsenal player show a video (from past 1,2) how they play, it doesent have to be perfekt or your team win, just to se how its done. If possibly with commentaries. This is not sarcasm or something, i am lvl 47 BH Arsenal and think its fun class so just wanna be able to see and learn. Its alot writings weather the specc is gimped or not, so something of use wouldbe great,

best regards

Kraros

currently, my knowledge of the Arsenal spec is VERY limited.

perhaps i should spec into Arsenal!!! see how good i can play it!! :)

that was not always the case...these last 2 weeks, sure...

prior to that, there are many fine PvP'r on MZL.

but, as of this moment, i cannot refute your statement.

i can refute merc being the worst class in the game. i play a merc, and i'm easily top 5 pvp'r on the server.

given a good team, and a dedicated healer, i'm unstoppable.

Edited by T-Assassin

i can refute merc being the worst class in the game. i play a merc, and i'm easily top 5 pvp'r on the server.

You just don't get it. Which isn't surprising, because BW looks at and evaluates class (im)balance in basically the same way. But the existence of a high scoring Merc does not imply that Mercs are fine. This has been explained to you before. Repeatedly. So at this point I will simply turn your observation on its head - if Mercs are so great, why are they one of the least frequently chosen advanced classes for rerolls?

that was not always the case...these last 2 weeks, sure...

prior to that, there are many fine PvP'r on MZL.

but, as of this moment, i cannot refute your statement.

given a good team, and a dedicated healer, i'm unstoppable.

You can't refute merc being the worse class in the game. See the link in my tagline.

Being in the top 5 on a server with 5 people is meaningless.

MZL was never a good server.

Fraps yourself playing against a decent team on Fatman so we can all LOL at how fast you get obliterated by any other player with half a brain using another AC.

There's your challenge.

You can't do it because your statement is not true and your opinion is delusional at best.

Edited by TheNinjaboy

You just don't get it. Which isn't surprising, because BW looks at and evaluates class (im)balance in basically the same way.

Well thank god they are not balancing classes based on 1v1 scenarios. But really, where were you guys pre 1.2 when Mercs/Commandos were clearly FOTM and OP? You're saying you went from OP to Unplayable in one patch?!

Were Mercs toned down? Yes, maybe even in the wrong way. But no way in hell you or anyone else here can convince me or the Devs that they are unplayable.

But the existence of a high scoring Merc does not imply that Mercs are fine. This has been explained to you before. Repeatedly. So at this point I will simply turn your observation on its head - if Mercs are so great, why are they one of the least frequently chosen advanced classes for rerolls?

Really, where did you pull that statistic from? show me proof. But it is clearly that the majority of the complainers are just missing the easy 2-3button spam and just cant cope with actually maximizing the advantages of a ranged dps.

Edited by Agooz

Well thank god they are not balancing classes based on 1v1 scenarios. But really, where were you guys pre 1.2 when Mercs/Commandos were clearly FOTM and OP?

And what planet did you come from? Even with 1.1.5 it was obvious that Mara/Sent for example had distinct advantages in team utility, survivability and dps over Merc/Commando. Which is why everyone was so stunned when it was indicated that Mara/Sent would be buffed in 1.2.

Really, where did you pull that statistic from? show me proof.

Just look at the population distribution on starter planets. From The Fatman server, literally 5 min ago: 15 Bounty Hunters on Hutta. 62 Sith Warriors and Inquisitors on Korriban. And I'd wager at least half of those Bounty Hunters are destined for Powertech, not Mercenary.

And what planet did you come from? Even with 1.1.5 it was obvious that Mara/Sent for example had distinct advantages in team utility, survivability and dps over Merc/Commando. Which is why everyone was so stunned when it was indicated that Mara/Sent would be buffed in 1.2.

I come from the planet where people are rolling Sent/Marau and Assassins because they are the only 2 ACs that didnt get toned downed, not because Mercs are unplayable. It is very obviously that the majority of Merc players are the one who rush after the next FOTM. Hec DPS Operatives got nerfed alot worse than Mercs and I still wouldnt say they are unplayable.

Just look at the population distribution on starter planets. From The Fatman server, literally 5 min ago: 15 Bounty Hunters on Hutta. 62 Sith Warriors and Inquisitors on Korriban. And I'd wager at least half of those Bounty Hunters are destined for Powertech, not Mercenary.

NOTHING has changed since launch. The vast majority of players roll force users. Only now there is an influx for Sent/Maura. And I would wager that there are still more Merc than PTs, even with the 1.2 changes. But wagering, and making assumptions like yours, dont make statements anymore factual.

Edited by Agooz

@ T-assassin

I just don't get it. Those numbers are insane. I'm a solid pvp'er I'm good at any class. Not great not the best just solid.

I can't come close to those numbers and in fact I'll say I haven't seen ANYONE of any class EVER come close to those numbers where someone is over 500k damage and more than 20 better kills than everyone else and almost no deaths.

There is something that is simply not normal about your situation (not trying to flame you I'm assuming your being honest)

Either you are one of the best pvp players in the game (not being sarcastic)

You found a rotation or special moves that no one else has.

or you found a consumable or buff that no one else has.

or people you play against have zero expertise gear on.

I play on the harbinger the pvp is pretty competitive. I'd say the average player is pvping with 20-23% pvp bonus damage and 16-18% bonus damage mitigation. (i'm at 23.6 and 18 respectively) I've been in matches where I've been up almost 100% of the time and able to just tee off on healers and casters at range going though full rotations cleanly. I still average 300K. I don't use any adrenals or stims (i should but I don't) so I don't expect to be the top dps but near the top. I'm usually 1 2 or 3. The top players are usually within 100k of me. Never seen anyone go over 500k So something just isn't typical or normal in your case

Edited by Choffware

Hec (sic) DPS Operatives got nerfed alot worse than Mercs and I still wouldnt say they are unplayable.

Being "unplayable" is a horribly low hurdle for assessing game (im)balance. By that standard, if Mara/Sent was buffed by another 15%, all the other classes would still remain "playable" and everything would be fine. Everything is not fine. Moreover your standard of "playable" becomes a shifting standard once ranked warzones arrive. For competitive PvP players, a class becomes "unplayable" if it Pareto inferior to another class. It doesn't matter if it is by only 10%. And it will be very evident that this is the case when you examine ranked warzone rankings.

NOTHING has changed since launch. The vast majority of players roll force users. Only now there is an influx for Sent/Maura....But wagering, and making assumptions like yours, dont make statements anymore factual.

EVERYTHING has changed since launch. Most importantly the loss of 50% of those purchased the game who no longer subscribe to it. You can keep your head in the sand, but those FACTS aren't going away. Lack of attention to those mere details simply dooms this game.

The poor state of PvP in ToR is one of the main reasons subscribers have left. There is really nothing to do in ToR post 50 other than PvP. 3 operations (which until recently were on a weekly timer) is simply not enough to keep people occupied.

Being "unplayable" is a horribly low hurdle for assessing game (im)balance. By that standard, if Mara/Sent was buffed by another 15%, all the other classes would still remain "playable" and everything would be fine. Everything is not fine. Moreover your standard of "playable" becomes a shifting standard once ranked warzones arrive. For competitive PvP players, a class becomes "unplayable" if it Pareto inferior to another class. It doesn't matter if it is by only 10%. And it will be very evident that this is the case when you examine ranked warzone rankings.

First, I will not go into exaggerated babbling, like if they buffed Marau by 15%. It wont happen. Players didnt switch to marau/sent because they got a huge buff. For the most part, the AC plays pretty much as it did before. There is a huge influx of them because they DIDNT get a nerf like other ACs. Which, again, proves my point that there will always be a good portion of players that roll the FOTM, always have been in every MMO in history.

EVERYTHING has changed since launch. Most importantly the loss of 50% of those purchased the game who no longer subscribe to it. You can keep your head in the sand, but those FACTS aren't going away. Lack of attention to those mere details simply dooms this game.

Please dont go off on tangents. I was commenting on the argument that "Merc" players are re-rolling Warriors. My point was, that AC population has NOT changed since launch. Force users have been WAY ahead of tech since the beginning. It has NOTHING to do with nerfs, patches, or any other changes.

The poor state of PvP in ToR is one of the main reasons subscribers have left. There is really nothing to do in ToR post 50 other than PvP. 3 operations (which until recently were on a weekly timer) is simply not enough to keep people occupied.

Separated PvP brackets, less of a PvP gear grind, a new WZ, PvE gear no longer viable in pvp, rated coming on the horizon, cross server coming, continuous class balancing (whether warranted or not)....I'd say BW is looking to improve PvP. Whether you agree with some of the class changes or not, is not an indication of anything at all. Just because some individuals are not happy with the current state of a specific AC, doesnt always translate to a mass exodus from a game. How long has WoW been on and they STILL have class balance issues? In fact TOR never had serious imbalances as WoW did back in the days.

Edited by Agooz

You can't refute merc being the worse class in the game. See the link in my tagline.

Being in the top 5 on a server with 5 people is meaningless.

MZL was never a good server.

Fraps yourself playing against a decent team on Fatman so we can all LOL at how fast you get obliterated by any other player with half a brain using another AC.

There's your challenge.

You can't do it because your statement is not true and your opinion is delusional at best.

your accusations of player's abilities is feeble at best.

you know nothing of the players, the matches, or anything on any server other than your own. this isn't Major League SWTOR.

and...i accept your challenge...grant me access to a full BM PT/Merc on your server and i guarantee you, GUARANTEE, i will not only top 85%+ dmg in WZ, i will quickly put to rest your laughable claims of "the fatman" being the only server where good players reside.

or, you can have my account.

@ T-assassin

I just don't get it. Those numbers are insane. I'm a solid pvp'er I'm good at any class. Not great not the best just solid.

I can't come close to those numbers and in fact I'll say I haven't seen ANYONE of any class EVER come close to those numbers where someone is over 500k damage and more than 20 better kills than everyone else and almost no deaths.

There is something that is simply not normal about your situation (not trying to flame you I'm assuming your being honest)

I play on the harbinger the pvp is pretty competitive. I'd say the average player is pvping with 20-23% pvp bonus damage and 16-18% bonus damage mitigation. (i'm at 23.6 and 18 respectively) I've been in matches where I've been up almost 100% of the time and able to just tee off on healers and casters at range going though full rotations cleanly. I still average 300K. I don't use any adrenals or stims (i should but I don't) so I don't expect to be the top dps but near the top. I'm usually 1 2 or 3. The top players are usually within 100k of me. Never seen anyone go over 500k So something just isn't typical or normal in your case

i've been told, by everyone in my guild, plus a couple friends/enemies, i've got a knack for PvP.

me, i'd say i'm pretty damn good. but, i just get it...idk. i SERIOUSLY cannot believe some of these complaints!!

are Mercs just standing there? is it protocol on "the fatman" (obviously the only pvp server :rolleyes: ) to kill Mercs, then healers, then cap objectives??

sure, i've never said otherwise, PT/VG, mara, and even well played merc healers, are difficult kills...but, i kill them at LEAST 5x more than they get me...1v1, 2v1.

i don't fraps...i could give a frap. SS's is as much as i need to say. my play speaks for itself. i was the first BM on MZL, 3rd to VR 65 (cuz i went away for a weekend :) ), and dominated on this server since day 1. TheAssassin (my assassin) brought fear into opponents...people quit warzones when they i would emote /greet at the beginning of WZ's...

so, i challenge those nay-sayers...come watch me pvp, follow me around, try to keep up. watch my tactics, see how i am always looking for a way out, even when i'm shooting...

i'm watching the map for teammates to run to, using LOS ALWAYS, anticipating the next objective, saving my stun/mezz/heal/kb, for when they are NEEDED!!!

i just had an epiphany...when i was training with the Marine Corps in Iceland.

SSGT Russell was armed with a knife, and insisted he could close 10m and stab anyone before they could draw their weapon. it was to prove you must know your surroundings, and not rely on your weapon as your only means of protection...

i called him out and said, "there is no way in hell you will get to me before i unload a full magazine into you." well, as a lowly E-5 in the Navy (Marines love Squids...especially cocky, self-confident ones :p ). i even told him to make the first move...his face got bright red, as it did when he got mad, and he charged...

i turned, ran, pulled my red training pistol, said " bang, bang, bang" as i kited him thru the gym!!!

everyone stopped and it was if i invented the wheel...nobody thought of running and shooting!!!

i play Merc like i play Call of Duty.

i kite, i kill, i hide, i run.

i survive, i do damage, and that usually leads to winning.

Edited by T-Assassin

Players didnt switch to marau/sent because they got a huge buff. ...There is a huge influx of them because they DIDNT get a nerf like other ACs.

Your wordsmithing is lacking. Class (im)balance is a RELATIVE concept. It doesn't matter if the imbalance is coming from one class being buffed or the other being nerfed - RELATIVE power is influenced all the same. And in point of fact, Mara/Sent DID get buffed in 1.2. Your repeated inability to understand that simple concept degrades every subsequent argument you make that the classes are balanced.

My point was, that AC population has NOT changed since launch... Just because some individuals are not happy with the current state of a specific AC, doesnt always translate to a mass exodus from a game.

Are you nuts? The skew towards melee dps over ranged dps is easily noticed by any player with PvP experience pre and post 1.2. The same with the swing towards Operative healers. The thing is, even you admit as much - "there will always be a good portion of players that roll the FOTM". Although just a few inches later you deny any such event - "AC population has NOT changed since launch". Your logic is so screwy, you can't even make it past a single post without contradicting yourself.

And no, people unhappy with a single AC don't always translate to a mass exodus. But 200k subscribers leaving per month do. You can play ostrich with his head in the sand all you want. But Bioware can not. That is a dire attrition level.

@ T-assassin

You might want to check these out.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=450942

Edited by Serpieri

You might want to check these out.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=450942

i'm playin a rage spec marauder(i just want the warrior buff for legacy!!! i promise!), and it is almost too easy to do #'s like that...

1st, you need a healer...2nd, they need multiple healers. 3rd, VS map.

rotation: leap, choke, smash. repeat...beserk, obliterate, smash, VSx6, leap, smash...

stupid easy.

stack power and surge, as your smash will crit and damage increased by 100%.

those are stacked fights, nothing more.

i've only been in a couple of those...856k on my assassin in a VS, pre 1.2. and a 770k VS on my merc vs 5 healers...LOL!

mostly people try to plant on door, not content to TDM it out (which is just plain fun sometimes!!)

Edited by T-Assassin

and...i accept your challenge...

Good. I'll be looking forward to your screenshots.

Use your own account BTW, what you suggested is not only retarded but against the TOS.

Also I'm currently unsubbed.

P.S. Your server is really bad.

Edited by TheNinjaboy

Good. I'll be looking forward to your screenshots.

Use your own account BTW, what you suggested is not only retarded but against the TOS.

Also I'm currently unsubbed.

P.S. Your server is really bad.

pretty weak challenge...

grind a toon on the "baddest PvP server in SWTOR" solo, get your toon up to VR 60+ before the game dies, and take SS's of all of this...

well, i have nothing nice to say, so i'll just leave it alone.

but, you are right on the server...MZL died about 3 weeks ago, and was on life support for about 30 days proir to that.

but, arguing/claiming your server is better is weak and childish at best...and if you got a problem with that, well...

my dad will beat up your dad.

I bet SSGT Russell could not Force Leap....

Ya know my brother in law learned how to do that in the Marines. Haha! But seriously...

ON the subject of not being able to force leap, Guardians/Sentinels can't force leap either if you kite them at the minimum range of force leap. The best Commandos/Bounty Hunters on my server do that to stay alive. They are INCREDIBLY annoying, but in a good way. Because better players make me a better player.

The Mercs that I absolutely maul are the ones that stand there and go *pew pew* while I'm beating them lifeless and interrupting every attack they throw at me. Sounds to me like Assasin is one of those Mercs that would annoy the crap out of me and everyone else on here is the kind of merc who would just stand in the face of incoming fire and get sabered to death.

You guys shouldn't be denying everything that he's talking about. He seems to be full of good advice. You SHOULD be picking his brain. I'm a DPS Guardian currently and I used to SUCK at this game. But I got better because I listened to what others were saying and then experimented. I learned that some of my assumptions regarding the quality of my class were just plain wrong and now I'm currently one of the top damage dealers still PvP'ing on my server.

I've seen damage for bounty hunters be all over the place. And I know the difference between power tech and merc bounty hunters on the scoreboard because the mercs have no protection numbers and the power techs do. I've seen Bounty Hunters top the damage charts as much as any other class. They've also been at the bottom of the charts as well. The ones at the top learned to adapt. The ones at the bottom did not. You guys should be asking Assasin for advice. I'm a melee DPS and the tactics he is describing are exactly what good players do to counter me more often than not.