Making Dromund Kaas Into a Home

JakRoanin

Well, there are a few ways to brighten it up.

Plants, using zakuul themed furniture or Jedi themed, they tend to be brighter. Voss furniture (wood and fabric), lots of artworks. There are carpets that are not black and red. A pretty set of artwork is available on the cartel market ah-the Arselin Masterpieces, I think it's called. They go on sale fairly regularly. The Life Day decos are very cheerful, I don't know if any are available this time of year but it's possible. Big fan of the fireplace from last year myself. Some of these might be hard to obtain but they are out there. Look around Tor Decorating, visit Strongholds and tour, lots of ideas there. Good luck :)

http://tord.mmo-fashion.com/

It might also help to think of what your character does in his home.

He could have a robotics lab or science research center.

He might have a room of his favorite trophies and memorabilia.

Does he have a room full of plants with water for his favorite pets?

Would he have a secret Light Side shrine (Jedi-themed) in a back room?

If he entertains guests, you might build a bar using some of the cantina set pieces.

Edited by Xina_LA

DK is actually my favorite stronghold. Love the moodiness and like Coruscant, you spawn in to one of the best rooms to put stuff.

Its only drawback is that there is no spaceship pad.

Edited by stoopicus

DK is actually my favorite stronghold. Love the moodiness and like Coruscant, you spawn in to one of the best rooms to put stuff.

Its only drawback is that there is no spaceship pad.

There are two ways around that, if I may. :) There is a room with a large force field on the first floor, that looks like a garage? Or the pad on the balcony. What I did was put in a Starship deco. They're fighters, fit on large hooks, but I just go with 'private shuttle to my ship/quick escape route' RP wise. I have an Imperial one parked on my DK balcony and a Republic one in my Rep side apartment's garage. Not exactly a proper ship, but a doable alternative. You can put them in other rooms, sure, but I wanted to give a realistic possibility of using them.

I can see why they didn't add a starship pad on the Planetary Capitals, since you have a perfectly good Spaceport and I would imagine Traffic Control would not favor Starships landing at private homes. Even on DK, I would think they'd prefer not to have Sith buzzing the buildings. ;) The actual starships I just put in my larger SH's. But if you want a ship, that might be a solid alternative.

Here are some vehicles that add interesting flavor to the DK/Coruscant landing pads:

* Czerka Enforcer -- Law enforcement vehicle, complete with blinking lights.

* Czerka Commuter -- A taxi that actually says "TAXI" in Aurebesh on the hood.

* Czerka Executive Cruiser -- Has the Czerka logo on the hood.

These look like space-worthy shuttles or small fighter craft:

* Corellian Stardrives

* Kalakar Simulators

* Rendili SF-3

* Vondell Ruby

Of course, having a Walker or tank (Avalanche, Behemoth, Landslide, Titan, etc.) on your pad advertises your military power.

Another DK lover here, it's my fav by far. I L O V E the rain. My PT was my main at the time so I have the entry way set up like an office entry with a large office upstairs. Cantina, game room, bed room, crew quarters... it's awesome. Don't really care about the lack of starship hooks because as previously mentioned, it's a capital world with a huge spaceport.

I'm having issues with the hooks. Like if I have a big space where I want to combine many small things into a big one. How does it work?

You can change that to a certain extent with the layout settings. Ah-there are some walkthroughs around the net, but when you are in Edit mode, there is a layout button, it will give you some options for alternate hook layouts. If you already have decos on the hooks in that space, it will ask you to ok picking them back up and putting them into your available decos again.

• 5 months later...

Lighting can be a real trick in some strongholds, especially Tatooine where the dim, orange sky colors everything in a twilight haze. Here are some suggestions for lighting up your stronghold:

* Basic Ceiling Light (Yellow) -- Yes, it's rather ordinary, but it gives off more light than most ceiling decos.

* Temple Ceiling Light -- Fancier than the basic light, it provides a useful amount of illumination, even in low places.

* Czerka Ceiling Light -- A must-have for providing clean white light in abundance, though not much when used on high ceilings.

* Forge Complex Ceiling Lights -- A fair amount of reddish light, less overpowering than the Imperial Ceiling Light.

* Massassi Ceiling Light -- Creates a golden spotlight, which is perfect for seating areas or round decos.

* Revanite Chandelier -- The best light option for high ceilings, bar none. Very bright, clean light over a huge area.

Of course, as you said, sometimes the ceiling isn't an option, so....

* Emergency Floodlight -- The brightest light in the game, sometimes obnoxious with the amount of glare.

* Manaan Floor Lamp -- The most powerful lamp in the game. It still works when hidden in walls or furniture.

* Zakuulan Standing Floor Lamp -- Beautiful with good illumination. It makes Star Fortress runs worth the time.

* Mandalorian Floor Torch -- If you're looking for reddish background light, put this one year a wall.

* Luxury Sconce: Yellow -- Your best bet for wall lightning. If it doesn't fit the theme, put it inside any deco that slides up against the wall. You can turn it upside down and hide it in the floorboards of Nar Shaddaa stairwells, etc.

* Republic Wall Sconce -- This provides illumination on the wall, which can help light up artwork in dim spaces.

That's pretty much it for substantial light sources. Most "lights" have a glow but don't give off an aura of illumination.

I hope that helps!

Edited by Xina_LA

• 2 months later...