Server Que on the Ebon Hawk. Again.

vadess

I love how I come back to the game, sub and day 2 of being back I'm waiting to get logged in. *frustrated sigh*

PS other people are complaining their outfits are gone from outfit designer

Edited by Minerva
adding

Hey folks,

The team is looking into the queue that is on Ebon Hawk right now. I will pass on updates as I have them.

-eric

*ahem*

SERVER NO WORKY WHY SERVER NO WORKY!???!!!11!1!?/!!111!????

Sorry. I couldn't resist. I couldn't put in the ticket with this at my last job before I changed duty stations and felt the need to do it here for those in IT.

I have both of my accounts at 75% on the loading screen at the moment. I'm hopeful this isn't because the rats powering the servers died but I'm assuming it is.

The outfits are currently all gone from outfit designer for me (or were when I was in game) and it's now just not letting me in (loading screen) and everyone in TS and discord with me that have made the mistake of zoning or logging are finding themselves caught in the trap of not being able to get in as they're in a que that isn't moving.

Edited by Manathayria

*ahem*

Sorry. I couldn't resist. I couldn't put in the ticket with this at my last job before I changed duty stations and felt the need to do it here for those in IT.

I have both of my accounts at 75% on the loading screen at the moment. I'm hopeful this isn't because the rats powering the servers died but I'm assuming it is.

The outfits are currently all gone from outfit designer for me (or were when I was in game) and it's now just not letting me in (loading screen) and everyone in TS and discord with me that have made the mistake of zoning or logging are finding themselves caught in the trap of not being able to get in as they're in a que that isn't moving.

They should probably log out then because it's possible there will be a roll back and they'll lose what ever progress they make.

Hey folks,

The team is looking into the queue that is on Ebon Hawk right now. I will pass on updates as I have them.

-eric

The team has been looking into it for weeks. When can we expect and actual fix and not just someone hitting the reset button every other day when this happens?

This isn't what I'm paying for as a subscriber. Which makes me seriously question WHY I'm still a subscriber!

*ahem*

This is what happens when you move your hosting over to Joe-Bob's hosting because it's cheap. It goes down frequently and you have to wait for the fat 40 year old virgin to get up off the couch and reset the servers in his mothers basement.

It wouldn't be so bad if Bioware passed on some of the savings they're getting to the subscribers. But instead we pay full price for a service we can't use, over and over again. It's a joke.

• Dev Post

We did identify what is causing the issue. We expect to roll it out in conjunction with Game Update 5.4 on Tuesday. It may take a couple more updates to ensure we nailed it. I know it's irritating and we're doing our best to minimize the impact.

For example, the game is set up to queue to prevent more players from logging in while the DB writes out all your data. Better to hold everyone out and not lose anything (e.g., rollback). Yes, it would be best if that didn't happen at all, and that's the change we've scheduled for Tuesday.

Thanks for your patience.

Keith---

If you read the server merger thread its 240 pages of arguing back and forth with absolutely no consensus at all.

240 pages of most people wanting merges except a few who don't you mean. Not sure if you need EVERYONE to agree to call it a consensus or not?

240 pages of most people wanting merges except a few who don't you mean. Not sure if you need EVERYONE to agree to call it a consensus or not?

While some do agree with a merger, there have been quite a few that do not want to be merged with Harbinger, especially some of us on Ebon Hawk.

Edited by casirabit

I'd say its about a dozen on each side with a few others voicing their opinions and then getting shouted down by the opposing side. I guess it could be more than half if you added the ones who are alright with mergers if certain aspects are fixed first since the majority of those opposed only oppose them because of problems that could be fixed by Bioware like transferring guilds intact and a separate server for the RP players.That is however, a very big if. It hardly represents the entire playerbase though since less than half of the players can post to the forums and of those that can only a tiny fraction actually do. And those posting to the forums are generally complaining about something so they are not really representative of the community as a whole.

I'd say its about a dozen on each side with a few others voicing their opinions and then getting shouted down by the opposing side. I guess it could be more than half if you added the ones who are alright with mergers if certain aspects are fixed first since the majority of those opposed only oppose them because of problems that could be fixed by Bioware like transferring guilds intact and a separate server for the RP players.That is however, a very big if. It hardly represents the entire playerbase though since less than half of the players can post to the forums and of those that can only a tiny fraction actually do. And those posting to the forums are generally complaining about something so they are not really representative of the community as a whole.

You would say or you've counted? The evidence is there if you want to count it. :)

You would say or you've counted? The evidence is there if you want to count it. :)

Interpret what I said however you like. I'm done with that thread and not going back even to count posts. You can if you like. I'll just take the position of waiting to see if Bioware announces server mergers. Until then, they are not going to happen regardless of what either side wants.