Servers on the decline again....

ZudetGambeous

Well Bioware you merged the servers. But you didn't address any of the underlying issues it seems. Servers are back on the decline.

Looking at the data from TORstatus we can see in the US:

Server name Population (07/15-07/29) Change

The Harbinger » ø 2.34 -0.11

Begeren Colony » ø 2.30 +0.15

The Bastion » ø 2.28 -0.15

Drooga's Pleasure Barge » ø 2.27 -0.08

The Ebon Hawk » ø 2.18 +0.06

Corellian Run » ø 2.11 +0.03

Jedi Covenant » ø 2.10 -0.02

The Shadowlands » ø 2.04 -0.09

Canderous Ordo » ø 2.03 -0.06

Prophecy of the Five » ø 1.97 -0.28

The Fatman » ø 1.86 -0.08

Jung Ma » ø 1.85 -0.01

Where the ø values are explained on their site (http://www.torstatus.com)

But basically the destination servers have seen a decline of -0.64 over the last 2 weeks... which is pretty drastic

EU servers are similar.

I guess Bioware secretly raised the population caps for the 3rd or 4th time? or the game is still declining?

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, I think the game is in a decline. Even after server transfers, I think even the players that don't come to the forums (because a majority of the player-base doesn't utilize it after the game's release) have to come to realization that this game isn't really all that it was meant to be.

There are also your Free Trial players and those who are still subbed but have decided to quit. :(

Yeah, keep repeating over and over that the game is dead/dying. That'll help

The truth hurts doesn't it?

Are we supposed to cheer at Bioware and clap our hands when they're ruining a game with such potential?

HAH! Funny.

This would not surprise me and it is sad actually. The major failings of TOR where not fixed by merging the servers.

And those have been touched on so many times in this forums, it is a waste of keystrokes to continue to do it. TOR in it's current state will appeal to a small bunch of MMO players but for the majority of players it is not worth a sub.

Honestly, I think the game is in a decline. Even after server transfers, I think even the players that don't come to the forums (because a majority of the player-base doesn't utilize it after the game's release) have to come to realization that this game isn't really all that it was meant to be.

There are also your Free Trial players and those who are still subbed but have decided to quit. :(

I am quitting after a month. This game has the potential to be incredible, but it seems that none of the obvious areas that need improvement are being given any real attention. It's lifeless and boring because there is no attention to the little things that make a game come alive (and as a result makes players feel immersed into the game's universe).

I quit because I refuse to be forced to transfer from the server I was basically forced to use during pre-launch because all the other servers were already over loaded. I refuse to pay for a game where my character names are going to be taken away, as well as the Legacy name I chose. Bioware has no idea how to successfully run a MMO, and they are proving it over and over. Everyone should just unsubscribe and wait for the whole game to go free to play. Save your money.

Well Bioware you merged the servers. But you didn't address any of the underlying issues it seems. Servers are back on the decline.

Looking at the data from TORstatus we can see in the US:

Server name Population (07/15-07/29) Change

The Harbinger » ø 2.34 -0.11

Begeren Colony » ø 2.30 +0.15

The Bastion » ø 2.28 -0.15

Drooga's Pleasure Barge » ø 2.27 -0.08

The Ebon Hawk » ø 2.18 +0.06

Corellian Run » ø 2.11 +0.03

Jedi Covenant » ø 2.10 -0.02

The Shadowlands » ø 2.04 -0.09

Canderous Ordo » ø 2.03 -0.06

Prophecy of the Five » ø 1.97 -0.28

The Fatman » ø 1.86 -0.08

Jung Ma » ø 1.85 -0.01

Where the ø values are explained on their site (http://www.torstatus.com)

But basically the destination servers have seen a decline of -0.64 over the last 2 weeks... which is pretty drastic

EU servers are similar.

I guess Bioware secretly raised the population caps for the 3rd or 4th time? or the game is still declining?

Jedi Covenant, stays around Standard To Heavy, and even for, what you have stated "Dying" PvE server there is more PvP encounters then The Fatman on a busy day from what I have seen on off and peak hours on both servers.

sigh.....

How many times do we have to go over this.

This is the normal decline inbetween content patches.

Remember how low servers got before 1.3? Then after 1.3 they were reaching fleet pops of around 500. This happens in every MMO.

Yes we do need new content or a new live event or something and IF it goes on for too long it COULD be permanent but for now its not something to worry about.

Theyre on the decline because we have no new content. Argue all you want about how fast or slow BW are at implementing new major patches, the fact is there's very little to do once youre done with Endgame stuff.

There's no fun achievements to work towards, there's no rep to grind (shockingly it is a very effective time sink). There's no pazaak gambling etc. Little mini-games other than space, which is well, kinda lame.

I said before the mergers that mergers without addressing the underlying causes of the population crash would only prolong the agony a little longer and that the game would continue to bleed subs. The populations of many servers that were heavy to full in the first month dropped to light, the initial wave of those leaving were not because of low pops, they left because they were not happy with the game, it was only in the later stages that low population became a reason for leaving. Stopping the bleeding long term requires fixing the problems that caused the large portion of the original wave to leave.

Many guilds have been doing full clears of EC HM for the last 2 months including alt runs. Also they have ground out War Hero and our BiS geared down the the last mod. This includes mains and alts. Several in my own guild have reached this distinction. Many of those have leveled several alts to experience the story lines for ever class on both factions.

In short, we have experienced much of what this game has to offer and have been at a stand still for quite some time. We all love this game, but it's apparent to even the most ardent fanboy in my guild, that EA/BW has seemingly mismanged the game. Leaving it in such a state, though it will most likely recover and survive, it will not be at the level we all thought it would.

My sub date like many of my guildies falls on the 18th of the month. I am quite sure that if new end game content isn't release by August 17 the many in my guild will be leaving the game. At this point of the game and with the recent developments out of BW Austin I cannot in good conscience blame them for leaving.

Edited by Djhots

Cool, I read both "regurgitation" and "free hotpockets" on the same page. Dang if that isn't making me both hungry and bilious at the same time.

This guy's Name + Comment = internet has been won

/thread

Many guilds have been doing full clears of EC HM for the last 2 months including alt runs. Also they have ground out War Hero and our BiS geared down the the last mod. This includes mains and alts. Several in my own guild have reached this distinction. Many of those have leveled several alts to experience the story lines for ever class on both factions.

In short, we have experienced much of what this game has to offer and have been at a stand still for quite some time. We all love this game, but it's apparent to even the most ardent fanboy in my guild, that EA/BW has seemingly mismanged the game. Leaving it in such a state, though it will most likely recover and survive, it will not be at the level we all thought it would.

My sub date like many of my guildies falls on the 18th of the month. I am quite sure that if new end game content isn't release by August 17 the many in my guild will be leaving the game. At this point of the game and with the recent developments out of BW Austin I cannot in good conscience blame them for leaving.

My guild has never done a single operation. We haven't done a single hard mode flahspoint. None of us have multiple toons at 50. In fact, only one of us has a 50 so far. We have not ground out any endgame gear and we have not leveled multiple alt characters and experienced all of the class stories. Yet somehow we're still logging in multiple times a week and having a blast. We've completed all the flashpoints up through Red Reaper. See what I did there? We're probably having as much fun now as your guild was having when you first got to the endgame operations. I'm sorry that you're dissatisfied with the amount of things left to do in the game, but we're doing just fine. Your guild is not a microcosm of the state of the entire playerbase. Your guild represents one portion of the playerbase. I would venture to say your guild and my guild cumulatively represent a microcosm of the state of the game. Lots of people feeling like there's nothing left to do and lots of people who feel like there's plenty left to do. I think that's pretty much how all MMOs are.

Yup. Agree.

It was meant to beat WoW. Same talent structure, same skill per level acqusition, lots of same familiar game mechanics, bigger investment to combat the years WoW has up on it.

But .....

lack of basic features at launch expected per the investment, lack of focus on core gameplay issues by the devs, such as performance, UI, core mechanics, etc.

I said at the time that server merges didn't solve the underlying problem with the game. People left for a reason in the first place, it wasn't because servers had low populations, that came later. So it's no surprise that after the initial excitement of having people to group with again, the underlying trend of population decline continues. Edited by Cordelia

I went back to my old server until they kill it because merging so many servers into so few made the game unplayable for me. Having to compete with 20 other people in the zone to finish quests? Thats ridiculous. I'm sure all the folks that rushed their way up to 50 and want fast pvp queue times are happy. But those of us that like to play casual have been completely turned off to the game now. I've met several other people on my old "dead" server that are playing there until they shut it down for the same exact reason. Just killing time until their game-time runs out. Bioware screwed up badly with this transfer nonsense. They made too many servers to start with and then merged them into too few. Without casual gamers, this game may not die but it will spend the rest of its time on life-support.

The announcement that Bioware will not delete characters who extend beyond the current 8 slots on a server, may have freed some people to simply go back to older servers and keep working on non-transfered toons.

We are moving into August, the vacation season, students preparing to move back to college, tend to cause slow-downs in in-game populations.

August will see the largest block of six month subscribers come due for renewal. It is likely many have already stopped playing, who are not going to renew, but others may be dialing down the time in-game.

Guild Wars 2 is in beta, and lets face it, a lot of folks want to try it.

LOTRO is now in beta for Riders of Rohan.

The Secret World is likewise testing.

The Olympics might draw some folks away from the PC.

The negative news, lack of content updates, and generally listless direction of the game during the past few months, even with the merges, may also be driving people away.

Overall, my feeling is that once word starts spreading, that the newly merged servers are also starting to see people flee, it will actually cause a rush for the door.