is 21% crit cut off at 55

WIZBASKY

Don't know if it is as low as 21 percent. But certainly you are reaching diminishing returns at 28. I would simply say that given what you have now, don't worry about crit anymore. Let Cunning augment crit as you go and focus on other things. I certainly wouldn't start dumping crit now.

I have been told I am wasting stats having 28% crit on my operative at 55, I have been told the broken mechanic cut off is at 21%

is this true?

There is no hidden cut off, 28% is not the same as 21%.

That being said, 28% crit is wayyyyyyyy too much for lethality operatives, but judging by your youtube channel you have bigger things to worry about besides how much crit your gear has.

my slinger has about 32% and about 70% multiplier, its more than is needed but my cunning is threw the roof in pve,

id say 30% seems right, but it does depend of your class and play style, some marauders/sentinels dont need any really, and for heals sage id suggest more around the 25% should be enaugh.

But to have every 3rd hit crit is nice on a slinger, example the granades hit much nicer with a higher crit.

Edited by ODTONE

I have been told I am wasting stats having 28% crit on my operative at 55, I have been told the broken mechanic cut off is at 21%

is this true?

I don't think there is a 'broken mechanic cut off', it's that it "costs" so many points of Crit to increase the percentage, it's not worth the sacrifice to points in Power you could be getting instead. Or, to put it another way, in a 1:1 comparison between Power and Crit (the two antagonistic stats), you gain more by stacking 1 more point of Power than you would by stacking 1 more point of Crit.

Every class except Sentinels/Marauders and DPS Assassins/Shadows get a skill bonus of anywhere from 6-9% of their main stat. A small amount of Crit is derived from a character's main stat--as is Power. So, going theory is, you stack Power and main stat Augs if you're DPS or Heals and not a Sent/Mara or DPS Sin/Shadow.

Edited by AlixMV