Hardest class to play.

Neptune

Sentinel/Marauder is like playing this game on hard mode.

You have two resources to track, operate from melee range, entirely active defenses, a complex rotation with multiple colliding cooldowns, and several abilities that affect your entire party that need to be maintained.

I feel that the Sentinel/Marauder archetype needs a few changes, not the least of which is a few more passive defenses.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tbh, anything rage-based, simply because you can't mod the UI to better position your rage bar, and the audio cue's for your procs are somewhat lacking, I miss hearing them all the time in PvP matches.

I think I'll leave the class alone till you can mod the UI a bit more.

But doesn't pyrotech get a skill that applies a dot outright, and a talent that makes flame burst auto-apply burn? It's not really proc-based when you can guarantee the necessary effect is in place every time it's off CD. (Shield tech does this easily with Rocket Punch, for instance).

I'm pretty sure he's referring to the proc that finishes Rail Shot's cooldown and makes it free (prototype accelerator IIRC) - you can generally ensure the enemy is always vulnerable to RS, but you can't be sure when you'll have a RS ready to use on them :)

I played all classes to 20 plus other then healing operative highest toon is a 32 sniper I am speaking in terms of my 20 plus toons and will say the maurader is a ***** to play but extremely rewarding when everything goes right juggernaut imop are easier cause of sunder armor to build rage.

Next in line to me are cover based sniper class which is annoyingly clunky to play, imop lethality speced snipers are the easiest clas to play in game two dots press cull easy.

Knight/warrior is the hardest. The multitude of keys can be solved with a free, downloadable external macro program, but even after got everything down right, your class still won't perform as good as other classes at the same role.

Hardest class... I would have to say Jedi Guardians.

We have 2 talent trees for damage... I'm confused.

And the talents in the DEFENSE tree that we do have have little to do with defense.

Combine all this and I can only come up with one word.... useless.

madness speced assassin. Besides being constantly moving you have to always watch 3 debuff timers and be looking for 2 buff timers while doing a reasonably complex rotation. Besides just that for pve in pvp you have to determine when to use roots and stuns and 2-3 second buffs to stay alive in the light armor you have to wear

Marauders/Sentinels are the most complex ability-wise. They've got so many attacks, and all of them have some use.

Not to mention they're squishier than the ranged classes. Even Sorcs have ways to keep themselves alive when taking hits. The only thing a Marauder has is their damage and a couple of cooldowns. Cloak of Pain, while wonderful, is not the same.

Hardest class... I would have to say Jedi Guardians.

We have 2 talent trees for damage... I'm confused.

And the talents in the DEFENSE tree that we do have have little to do with defense.

Combine all this and I can only come up with one word.... useless.

PEBKAC

Edited by Faolon

operative/scoundrel, you have so much to do, heal, dps, cc, stealth...

stealth gives access to certain abilities, cover gives access to certain abilities, tactical advantage gives access to certain abilities, your best dmg is in melee, you have no knockbacks, u don't have a decent melee attack chain until like 24+, maybe higher. You're really squishy too, your CC is all melee range, your backstab has a cooldown and deals about 65% of the dmg of an assassin's backstab.

Marauders, if they can keep up, are amazing at killing people, the dmg is great, yes they are late bloomers, just like operative/scoundrel.

easiest classes? commando/mercenary, snipers...

the tanks are harder to play too but they have the survivability to help them, they can take more time making decisions.

Sniper is funny, friend of mine was assassin, he felt OP, his pc is lousy though, hard to pvp, he tried sniper, at lvl 12 highest hit of the WZ, 4300 dmg, he said "ok, bye assassin, this is way easier on my pc, hardly have to move and already my biggest hits are huge".

Sorcs are very powerful but at least they have to use a certain amount of skills to survive, the shield, some heals, cc etc, the heavy armored commandos are hard to kill as is with all the armor and an invulnerability bubble.

you guys are kidding right? scoundrel/op is the easiest class ever. 50 scoundrel here, maybe its so easy because they are op by far but all i have to do is chainstun and backblast suckerpunch and my target is dead its so damn easy. just made a sentinel on my friends server and at low levels they own anything i dont even need a companion most of the time but at like 20 they are very much harder to play theres lots of cooldowns to use and things to worry about

the rage system is hard to manage, the delay makes it moreso, watchman is especially hard to master, way harder rotation, no actual heals, not much cc unless you spec into focus,

but very good dps if you have the skill for watchman

Edited by Nunchi

• 1 month later...
If your saying the hardest class i'd say gunslinger just because you need to be extremly smart with what you do. Sure you can sit in cover and just snipe but against decent ppl they will just jump on you and you will die in a few seconds because of how squishy you are.

Someone tell me what's so hard about Mara/Sent. Its a melee class and is just like any other melee class in this game. If u play Assassin u do just fine with Mara.

The only sad point about Maras is that they get the Key Skills at very late lv.

Execute - 46

Intimidating - 42

Massacre - 40

Annihilate - 40

Force crush - 40

If you try pvp at low lv it will be a pain. But once you get all the skills, its ok just like any other melee.

The learning curve in this game is easily mastered with all classes if you do pvp with your toon since lvl 10. At least do the daily quests.

Edited by oxente