Can't sell cartel items to vendors

FlippinFlapJack

Weather the bound timer is expired or not, I always get the message that I can't sell a cartel item to a vendor.

A lot of the stuff I have are duplicates and the GTN an trade channels are flooded with them. I have no use for them and would like to get the credits a vendor would give but can't.

Is this intentional or a bug or something else entirely?

I have put in 2 tickets and get the same canned response every time.

So it seems that everyone is in the same situation as me and can't sell cartel items to NPC vendors. Doesn't make a lot of sense because a price is quoted up at the top of the item when I try to do this.

Oh well, such is life. If this is the worst thing that ever happens to me, I'm doing pretty good.

Edited by FlippinFlapJack
Found more info

give them away to friends / guildies.

swap them for things you want.

destroy them.

Did that (except destroying them). All of my friends and gulidies have pink/purple crystals, 8 pets and 4 speeders. Everyone can stand around and throw balls at their trainers and HK while their eyes glow.

Everyone already has all the stuff I have to trade. So I might as well get the few credits a vendor would give me.

Honestly wish they would implement selling to Vendor.. seeing how ridicilously low some sell prices are on GTN because the market is flooded at this time. Then it is usually economically more viable to just vendor it.

Brings back memories to the times in WoW when cloth prices were so low you could actually make a 100% profit to craft them into First Aid bandages and vendoring those..

some stuff cant be traded, what specific "items" can you not sell to vendor or put on gtn.

The companion gifts and crafting materials can be sold as usual but any item that has the little cartel market symbol in the corner cannot be sold to a vendor. Such as the banners (both sides), glowing eyes (red and gold), speeders, pets, weapons, crystals, elegant lounge wear, etc.

Again, I can list them on the GTN once the bond timer has expired but selling them to a vendor doesn't work even though I can see the vendor price.

Am I bugged, is everyone bugged or is this intentional?

Honestly wish they would implement selling to Vendor.. seeing how ridicilously low some sell prices are on GTN because the market is flooded at this time. Then it is usually economically more viable to just vendor it.

Brings back memories to the times in WoW when cloth prices were so low you could actually make a 100% profit to craft them into First Aid bandages and vendoring those..

This sounds like you can't sell cartel market items to a vendor either.

I can list the unbound items on the GTN but the market is so flooded that I get nothing out of it if it sells at all.

Weather an item is bound or not, if it has that cartel market symbol on it, I simply cannot sell it to a vendor.

The companion gifts and crafting materials can be sold as usual but any item that has the little cartel market symbol in the corner cannot be sold to a vendor. Such as the banners (both sides), glowing eyes (red and gold), speeders, pets, weapons, crystals, elegant lounge wear, etc.

Again, I can list them on the GTN once the bond timer has expired but selling them to a vendor doesn't work even though I can see the vendor price.

Am I bugged, is everyone bugged or is this intentional?

I would imagine it is intentional....People just payed $5 to get the crap that sells on the GTN for 5k. I think they expected items to be more valuable. If they want to make the Cash Shop work it has to have a good reward ingame to players.

Intentionally stupid is what it is...

Everyone knows Biowares slogan....

I quote: "If it ain't broken, fix it 'till it is."

Actually, its not stupid. If you could sell the stuff to vendors then CS would be flooded with tickets from people who "accidently" sold their stuff to the vendor. Then CS looks like jerks if they dont reimburse every single person that sold his useless pixels. Its one thing if its free pixels, its another when people pay extra for those pixels.

Actually, its not stupid. If you could sell the stuff to vendors then CS would be flooded with tickets from people who "accidently" sold their stuff to the vendor. Then CS looks like jerks if they dont reimburse every single person that sold his useless pixels. Its one thing if its free pixels, its another when people pay extra for those pixels.

Umm, isn't that why you can buy back stuff you sold to the vendor?

Not being able to vendor this stuff is a stupid move on BW's part. Like many people I nor have a cargo hold full of useless crap and, as a result, I won't be buying any more cartel packs. If I could actually vendor the stuff I don't want, I would happily keep buying them.

To add insult to injury, the stuff you cannot sell actually has a value quoted in the tooltip. Stupid.

I would guess it is intentional so that people can't artificially inflate GTN prices by selling them to vendors until they become rare and then make a killing selling them on the GTN. Or alternately only super rare items would be sold because everything else gets sold to vendors. Either way it would allow for greater artificial manipulation of the supply and the devs probably don't want that.

At any rate it's probably part of a marketing strategy to make things only sellable on the GTN so people don't HAVE to buy CC to get an item or pay super outrageous prices because players artificially inflated the price. More specifically this is probably done for the benefit of subs so no one feels that if they really want item X they have to buy CC or pay artificially high credit prices on the GTN.

Untill someone can show proof it is intentional from Bio it is a bug. If all my speeders have a buy-back valhe of 25k then they can be vendered. Why would we buy stuffs with real money just to be told to trash the excess that has value to a vender?

The Cartel market will fail if this is the case.