Annihilation crit heals nerfed?

Cliu

This nerf really damages the class beyond repair on both PvE and PvP.

Take for example the trauma debuff.

on a 20k healthpool 2% = 400hp heals reduced to 280.

now they are reduced to 140, less any additional debuffs applied.

The advantage to this class was the sustained damage and as the burns are physical and easily cleansed and don't ignore armor, there really is no use for it. Case in point. How many Marauders have respecced to Focus since 1.4?

Expect Watchman to not even be the best raid spec anymore either.

I just don't understand who was screaming for this particular nerf? Every QQ I've read about it indicates that the defensive CDs were the huge problem. What I've also noticed is my guildmate (focus sentinel) has 32% damage mitigation. I really am disappointed with this change.

This nerf really damages the class beyond repair on both PvE and PvP.

Take for example the trauma debuff.

on a 20k healthpool 2% = 400hp heals reduced to 280.

now they are reduced to 140, less any additional debuffs applied.

The advantage to this class was the sustained damage and as the burns are physical and easily cleansed and don't ignore armor, there really is no use for it. Case in point. How many Marauders have respecced to Focus since 1.4?

Expect Watchman to not even be the best raid spec anymore either.

Well it effectively lessen your survivability you are going rather far here.

First, you pointed something important : your bleed can be cleased, which mean 0 heal, seems like that disnt change.

2nd - broken beyond repair for PvE? Seriously? Damage hasn't been touched.

3rd- burn/bleed are elemental/internal...they DO ignore armor.

Mara's self heals are now about on par with sin-tank ones.

I'll agree the nerf is slightly unwarranted, but don't go overboard either.

Edited by verfallen

Well it effectively lessen your survivability you are going rather far here.

First, you pointed something important : your bleed can be cleased, which mean 0 damage.

2nd - broken beyond repair for PvE? Seriously? Damage hasn't been touched.

3rd- burn/bleed are elemental/internal...they DO ignore armor.

I'll agree the nerf is slightly unwarranted, but don't go overboard either.

To your points

2nd- Damage output is lower in exchange for heals received. Making keeping me alive less taxing on my healers. If I'm going to do less damage and not receive the compensatory heals, I'd be more useful in Combat Spec for damage output. (not saying you cannot play it, just that it is not as viable).

3rd- I noticed in parses that they were considered physical attacks, I for one always contended that they were elemental damage (tooltips) and recently was told that I was wrong because they can be cleansed as a physical debuff. I will concede I may be wrong in regards to mitigation.

Edit: Checking Parse Log; yes they do apply elemental damage, but can be cleansed by any class as they are not considered a force attack, yet do not apply during resilience.

Edited by Drazzen

To your points

2nd- Damage output is lower in exchange for heals received. Making keeping me alive less taxing on my healers. If I'm going to do less damage and not receive the compensatory heals, I'd be more useful in Combat Spec for damage output. (not saying you cannot play it, just that it is not as viable).

3rd- I noticed in parses that they were considered physical attacks, I for one always contended that they were elemental damage (tooltips) and recently was told that I was wrong because they can be cleansed as a physical debuff. I will concede I may be wrong in regards to mitigation.

Edit: Checking Parse Log; yes they do apply elemental damage, but can be cleansed by any class as they are not considered a force attack, yet do not apply during resilience.

Force/tech/physical (weapon) doesn't change the damage type. Simply the way damage interact with armor, and in this case I agree as a marauder/sentinel you PHYSICALLY apply the bleeds/burn.

To go back on the 2nd point you make absolutely no sense. Berserk still applies the same group utility as before, and there is absolutely no corelation between damage and heals. Heals are based off your health pool, not strenght/power etc.

Furthermore, I haven't parsed my mara tonight but i expect the HPS drop to be around 40% overall, due to berserk heals remaining unchanged. I very much doubt you are under constant damage on your dps, so at much you will maybe need one or two additionnal heals? If you take constant damage over 10 second, the delta will be around 1k damage that you haven't healed yourself compared to before. Are you seriously meaning your healers are unable to heal 1k?

As said, yep you are slightly softer than before. But you are still way over carnage (or combat since you actually seem to have a sent and not a mara). Combat also do not pull "better" number, its just harder to keep up in many situations. A good annihilation/watchman player will however still keep those number vey close, and still be one of the best dps in the game.

Once more, you are currently blowing this way over its actual proportion.

Force/tech/physical (weapon) doesn't change the damage type. Simply the way damage interact with armor, and in this case I agree as a marauder/sentinel you PHYSICALLY apply the bleeds/burn.

To go back on the 2nd point you make absolutely no sense. Berserk still applies the same group utility as before, and there is absolutely no corelation between damage and heals. Heals are based off your health pool, not strenght/power etc.

Furthermore, I haven't parsed my mara tonight but i expect the HPS drop to be around 40% overall, due to berserk heals remaining unchanged. I very much doubt you are under constant damage on your dps, so at much you will maybe need one or two additionnal heals? If you take constant damage over 10 second, the delta will be around 1k damage that you haven't healed yourself compared to before. Are you seriously meaning your healers are unable to heal 1k?

Once more, you are currently blowing this way over its actual proportion.

No, it doesn't change the damage type. I corrected myself so coming back at me to try and discredit my point about the fact that it can be cleansed is irrelevant.

To the 2nd point (where you say I make no sense), it is simply a matter of you not understanding what I am saying. But to make it a little more clear within the context of what I wrote, *as related to PvE* by having less healing done by my burns (yes damage output would remain potentially unchanged) I would require more external healing. The correlation however can be made, and quite simply. If I am dying more often, I am doing less damage. By losing that healing potential (and for self-heals it would be exactly 50%) as Zen/Berserk heals would yes remain unchanged, I am forced to play more defensively. In some cases that involves stopping dps popping defensives sooner, etc.

YES in a vacuum nothing for damage output would change. But just as when I specced out of defensive roll and could no longer stand in orbital strikes to take down snipers, it affected my damage done. Again, saying there is absolutely NO correlation is false.

While i agree, the loss in HPS might be considered negligible by a healer's ability, consider over a 6 min fight where I would heal approximately 60k now reduced to 30k. that is a health pool and a half that needs to be compensated for by a healer. so...5 big heals more need to be focused on me, rather than the tank, or other raiders.

Lastly; Combat does Parse higher.

Further, a Focus/Rage Specced Sentinel actually gets about 7% more mitigation due to Shii-Cho's additional damage reduction. I'm not blowing anything out of proportion, I'm stating that Watchman is not as viable in raids and PvP as it used to be. And you can't argue that because the class was nerfed.

Edited by Drazzen

The sad part is I'm not even trying to get into an argument with you.

I dislike the changes, I didn't like the changes that were made to the class in the past either.

I like playing my Watchman sentinel, but in terms of viability my utility has diminished. Hooray, I can still heal the group!

So everyone complains and crys for Smash/Rage nerfs.... and the devs nerf Annihilation heals? although its not a game breaker it is unwarranted! in MY opinion i thought Annihilation was perfectly balanced but now our heals have been reduced by half! anyone know what the reasoning behined the change was? Edited by RoninKetch

Im trying to stay away from Rage i've always been an advocate of "a good marauder doesn't need to spec Rage!" but im finding it more and more difficult to resist :-P everytime i log in i think about respccing :-\

You should at the very least try Rage.

As far as Annihilation... oh well... adapt!

Eh, not the first nerf in the game, most certainly not the last. We'll live.

I am fighting back any kind of gloating here due to all the lol and you had it coming posts shadows got after our self healing got cut in half aswell . You will forget about it eventually but seeing green numbers in the 200 range sucks scrote,

Someone derp smash this guy.

You should at the very least try Rage.

As far as Annihilation... oh well... adapt!

Eh, not the first nerf in the game, most certainly not the last. We'll live.

Hey Arash,

Are you running rage at the moment? If so, love to hear about you're build / rotation. We are still waiting for that Hotline lol.

So after a long long break from SWTOR, I decided to come back and I'm really loving my marauder again but Annihilation doesn't feel the same as it was ages ago. Sadly I can't really complain though since I probably do my rotation wrong and that I still have centurion gear and a few champion items.

Just respecced and I'm going to take carnage out for a spin for about 10+ WZ's. If I still don't like it then I'll have to try rage.

p.s Anyone know why everyone hates annihilation now? came back to the forums and all I see is carnage this, carnage that, carnage = pvp etc...

The way I see it, carnage got a big boost in preference due to its utility and burstiness in RWZ. Annihilation is still a great spec and does a lot of damage. It's just not burst damage which many prefer in PvP. I still think it is the best spec for PvE though.

I haven't played Annihilation in a good while now since I went full Rage. Still loving it. Never really could get comfortable with Carnage. I really don't think that this reduction in self-heals is all that bad. Mara is a pure dps class and no spec should really have self-heals on it anyway. I have doubts on how noticeable it will really be.