hacks are out of control

VLAHD

I've seen about 4 different hacks in my total time playing this game. Those players were perma-banned not too long after they were reported. Ironically, they all said this game was bad on their friends' forum accounts. Guess a game where you cheat to win = good.

That's not what irony means.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still see a few "belly floppers" now and then, but it is nowhere near as bad as it was this past summer.

There is however, still a serious exploit involving certain ramp terrain, Force Pull and Huttball, that is used many, many times (Ever see ball carriers get into a ramp corner way out of LOS of the far top of the ramp, start stutter spinning and then vanish? That's part of it...).

Stealth capping in Voidstar is also way down, as CSR tends to hop on those pretty quick when they are reported.

People still abuse the crap out of the Novarre Coast cap/heal-through-walls exploit.

There is still the "No Cooldown" hacks being used (Very funny to see Maras or Juggs out themselves when using this - they will repeatedly Force Choke people with no break in between).

I saw someone escape from me under the stairs in Civil War. Is that a hack or a glitch? lol I've seen people plant in Voidstar from inside the door or or unseen on the door. I've actually seen people detonate a bomb while being attacked. I just took it as glitching but I wouldn't be surprised if people were hacking. If you do this you should be banned.

There is however, still a serious exploit involving certain ramp terrain, Force Pull and Huttball, that is used many, many times (Ever see ball carriers get into a ramp corner way out of LOS of the far top of the ramp, start stutter spinning and then vanish? That's part of it...).

I did see that happen last night. I thought it was just lag. I'll pay more attention if I see it again.

Best hack I saw in this game was in beta. Sith toon would hit you with a stun grenade and then orbital stike you with a 1 shot. This sounds ok except he would repeatedly do it (i.e. no cooldown) and he was a sorc. Went through an entire warzone of stun orbital strike rinse repeat. To say hacking isn't happening is silly...but it isn't wide spread...at least not yet.

I agree since about late summer the number of speed hackers / other stuff has been near non-existent.

I agree that lag switching seems to be the most prevalent atm.

Yes it could be regular lag, however always seems strange that the lag can occur when it benefits the other team at just the right moments.

Oh don't get me wrong, it is because it happens at the most opportune times (e.g. firepit), that I assume it might be lag switching. It is because it is an assumption, that I don't level any accusations.

I tried to give specific examples of the hacks i see/saw in a 9 match day...Bioware promtely deleted my thread and gave me a warning...said i was violating the forum policies talking about hacks....I would love to tell you where to see all the hacks running in the game right now, but if i say anything about that, the mods will delete this post. If you dont believe me, you can search my posts and you will see the pm i recieved...i copy and pasted it...why would the mods be worried about us discussing hacks if there arent any? Its because they are running, and have been running since day one...Its not hard to hack a system with all the client side files stored on the client CPU. Its basic programming and the compliers are free lol. And, there is no warden program running in the backround to detect "manipulated" files and delete/redownload them.

It was funny how all the premades guilds we complain about hacking and usually wofflestop us were getting owned right after yesterdays patch...its because you have to change the hack code to the new exe files and it hadnt been done yet. Hense, no hacks were up yet. There are entire websites dedicated to this lol...For a fee, you can join and even copy/upload the code you have created. WoW had this problem until the warden program went in...EQ1 still has this problem, but there is little PvP there so its not such a concern.

I will say this again...I love close matchs and i dont mind losing...Losing makes me better...But, when i have 0 chance of winning because someone is hacking/exploiting, it gets old. As i said before, the punishment is not severe enough when caught hacking in this game...There should be no second chances, ban them...However, if you think this is too harsh...make a hack server and place all the hackers/exploiter there when they get caught...They can mess with each other and hack to their hearts content...wont affect the rest of us and bioware can make an attempt at saving their bottom line.

Like or dont like it, believe me or dont...doesnt change anything...let the flame wars continue.

There are some really bad glitches in this game that are not the fault of the player. Just the other I was in huttball on a upper platform, and a op opened up on me. He circled once, and it looked to me he fell off the ledge with that stuttering thing people do when synching is off, but he was still hitting me, and I couldn't see him at all. I know the guy isn't a cheater.

It was funny how all the premades guilds we complain about hacking and usually wofflestop us were getting owned right after yesterdays patch...its because you have to change the hack code to the new exe files and it hadnt been done yet. Hense, no hacks were up yet.

I don't know why I bother since you refuse to HEAR any explanation, but the reason you weren't getting owned right after the patch, is because you qued in the afternoon instead of the night. Pst, pubs do better on Harbinger during the day. Your wins had nothing to do with the imp premades not having loaded up new hacks yet, they had everything to do with you being in que when the good pubs are usually on.

I don't know why I bother since you refuse to HEAR any explanation, but the reason you weren't getting owned right after the patch, is because you qued in the afternoon instead of the night. Pst, pubs do better on Harbinger during the day. Your wins had nothing to do with the imp premades not having loaded up new hacks yet, they had everything to do with you being in que when the good pubs are usually on.

Asuna will you please knock it off!? Can't you see? He used the word "hack" and "exe" in the same sentence, which means, he knows everything about everything! A sage moving faster than usual? He must be hacking, not using Force Speed. Marauder is taking close to no damage and then disappeared? Hacker, not using Force Camouflage or Undying Rage. You can't deny that every person who beats him is a hacker!

Vlahd you mind telling us your ingame name so we can focus you into oblivion and hopefully off the game?

Edited by Psirebral

why would the mods be worried about us discussing hacks if there arent any?

Because openly discussing exploitation leads to more people using exploits because you're goddamned advertising them. It's not your right to discuss exploitation. You agreed to that as part of the EULA and Code of Conduct. If you feel someone is exploiting the game, you report it and shut up.

Never seen a hack and I have valor 88, 82, 82, 72, 60, and that is including being valor capped while leveling on a few of my characters.

On the other hand, I've seen so many accusations of hacks from bad players. Seriously, how can people not know about improved transcendence and predation 8 months after release. The weird glitch/lag issues I can somewhat understand, but still, people are way too quick to accuse.

I do have a question, In a Civil war map last night i went to go right,(from the pub side), and block or cap the right node. Now after gettting to the ground and as i was turning the corner and got view of the node there was an inquisitor just getting to the node and started to click. I am a combat spec sent, I used transcendance and every other time they have been about halfway, by the time i get into view of the node. I know that imps have a closer advantage to that side just like we have the advantage on the other side. But I have never seen them on the node so quick. Any suggestions on if it was a minor speed hack. Now keep in mind it was only him at the node. Even with trance., and the speed boost sorcs have, could they get there that fast?

If the other player took the speeder the second it spawned and got the speed buff from a mara (I think the bubble of sage/sorc give a short speed boost too) and used force speed the second predation is down and you took the speeder lately I think he was not even close to hacking.

On the other hand, if he took the speeder lately and you took it quickly and he got zero speed buff, there is something wrong.

There is one particularly blatant exploit in Voidstar. It involves being harpooned to a certain spot on the edge of the bridge that places you under the world. While there you are unable to die, suicide, do anything. The only option is to quit the game. It's usually followed by a childish emote.

It's happened several times, so it's not a one time glitch.

Other than that, I've only seen one other exploit, a warper, out of hundreds of WZs. Even that could be blamed on lag. Who knows. I really don't think the cheating is all that rampant.

Edited by Managuense

Well the stealth one just happened to me in Civil War.

It was great, really close game. Battled for mid for half the match. Eventually my side capped it. I sat at snow the entire time watching both sides tick down to around 200.

I saw a few inc so I called for some help. I knew there was a stealth around because I'd seen him go into stealth earlier and never come out. Some friends and enemies arrived, someone popped out of sneak, we had a nice 3v3 going on, I am looking RIGHT AT the cap node at all times, heck we've got two of our guys standing practically right on top of it and I'm only 6 feet away...

It turns red. There is NO ENEMY THERE. Right after it turned red, someone came out of sneak right on top of it.

I know there is a concealment bug in the game, it's been in since launch. It's happened to me and a friend in PvE several times. When it happens, you are free to move and act normally but remain invisible. I don't know the details on how to trigger it but it ruined what was otherwise a very close match.

I don't mind losing but when it is due to an exploitable bug it kinda blows.

Edited by Arlanon

Well the stealth one just happened to me in Civil War.

It was great, really close game. Battled for mid for half the match. Eventually my side capped it. I sat at snow the entire time watching both sides tick down to around 200.

I saw a few inc so I called for some help. I knew there was a stealth around because I'd seen him go into stealth earlier and never come out. Some friends and enemies arrived, someone popped out of sneak, we had a nice 3v3 going on, I am looking RIGHT AT the cap node at all times, heck we've got two of our guys standing practically right on top of it and I'm only 6 feet away...

It turns red. There is NO ENEMY THERE. Right after it turned red, someone came out of sneak right on top of it.

I know there is a concealment bug in the game, it's been in since launch. It's happened to me and a friend in PvE several times. When it happens, you are free to move and act normally but remain invisible. I don't know the details on how to trigger it but it ruined what was otherwise a very close match.

I don't mind losing but when it is due to an exploitable bug it kinda blows.

I have yet to see that or have that happen to me.

I tried to give specific examples of the hacks i see/saw in a 9 match day...Bioware promtely deleted my thread and gave me a warning...said i was violating the forum policies talking about hacks....I would love to tell you where to see all the hacks running in the game right now, but if i say anything about that, the mods will delete this post. If you dont believe me, you can search my posts and you will see the pm i recieved...i copy and pasted it...why would the mods be worried about us discussing hacks if there arent any? Its because they are running, and have been running since day one...Its not hard to hack a system with all the client side files stored on the client CPU. Its basic programming and the compliers are free lol. And, there is no warden program running in the backround to detect "manipulated" files and delete/redownload them.

It was funny how all the premades guilds we complain about hacking and usually wofflestop us were getting owned right after yesterdays patch...its because you have to change the hack code to the new exe files and it hadnt been done yet. Hense, no hacks were up yet. There are entire websites dedicated to this lol...For a fee, you can join and even copy/upload the code you have created. WoW had this problem until the warden program went in...EQ1 still has this problem, but there is little PvP there so its not such a concern.

I will say this again...I love close matchs and i dont mind losing...Losing makes me better...But, when i have 0 chance of winning because someone is hacking/exploiting, it gets old. As i said before, the punishment is not severe enough when caught hacking in this game...There should be no second chances, ban them...However, if you think this is too harsh...make a hack server and place all the hackers/exploiter there when they get caught...They can mess with each other and hack to their hearts content...wont affect the rest of us and bioware can make an attempt at saving their bottom line.

Like or dont like it, believe me or dont...doesnt change anything...let the flame wars continue.

Did you ever think that maybe they deleted because they know your wrong and know the mechanics of the game a lot better than you? Just saying bro....You probably proved names with a description of you thought was a hack instead of providing actual video evidence. Honestly man, I've only seen the speed hack in this game and that was in Jan. I only saw it one time and one time only. Right now, you're going on about you think people hack without even providing any substance what so ever. Furthermore, it's probably against their policy to actually name people on the forums who you "think" you've seen hack. The proper proceedure would probably be to submit a ticket.

To me, it seems like this is a L2P issue with you. You probably haven't played all the classes yet, and you probably don't know how their abilities. I think if you actually played the classes, or you went to a character calculater to read the description of all the abilities, you would probably figure a lot out and realize people aren't hacking.

I like to think of it as when the bad imps are on lol.