Still confused about endgame RE

Lycor

Hi all,

Like tht title says, I'm confused about this.

If I get, for example, a purple mod 27 in a loot drop, if I RE it, do I or don't I have a chance to learn it's own schematic?

And if the answer is "no", then I believe we should be able to, don't you think?

you can...well u wont see just a mod drop but you have to pull the mods armorings or enhancements out of gear that drops at that lvl.

do you not see the the crafters spamming the fleet with them?

But what I'm guessing is that they are getting the schematic itself from the loot and not the gear.

There are no schematics that drop for that stuff. In fact, after the first batch of operations the developers decided to get away from the whole "schematics as loot" thing and now all the best schematics are just learned from reverse engineering.

So, all the people on fleet you see advertising 27 mods got the recipes by ripping out mods from gear and reverse engineering it until they learned the schematic. It's a high risk/high reward gamble.

You can't learn armorings that are slot specific. The best way of telling if you can learn it is to toggle on your reverse engineer button and mouse over whatever you want to break down. The tool tip will tell you if you have a chance of learning it or not.

There are no schematics that drop for that stuff. In fact, after the first batch of operations the developers decided to get away from the whole "schematics as loot" thing and now all the best schematics are just learned from reverse engineering.

So, all the people on fleet you see advertising 27 mods got the recipes by ripping out mods from gear and reverse engineering it until they learned the schematic. It's a high risk/high reward gamble.

You can't learn armorings that are slot specific. The best way of telling if you can learn it is to toggle on your reverse engineer button and mouse over whatever you want to break down. The tool tip will tell you if you have a chance of learning it or not.

What you are saying is that the game has a different behaviour of that when you are REing blue mods, yes? When you RE a blue mod, you have a chance to learn a purple mod, but if you RE a purple mod you have the chance to learn itself, is that right?

Edited by Lycor

What you are saying is that the game has a different behaviour of that when you are REing blue mods, yes? When you RE a blue mod, you have a chance to learn a purple mod, but if you RE a purple mod you have the chance to learn itself, is that right?

I see what he's saying. Basically players are getting high end loot drops with these mods in them. They take the mods out and RE them and if they are lucky they learn the schematic for that mod.

This is completely different from what you do with the regular mods and is very high risk. You could go through dozens of high end loot drops without ever seeing a schematic pop. If you are in a guild who has the various ops on farm you might stand a chance at learning these mods but for the most part your average crafter might only know one or two of these.

You basically need to be in an end game PvE oriented guild to learn the 27s/some 26s. You can learn the 26s by RE'ing mods and enhancements you rip out from BH gear purchased with BH comms, but to learn the unbound 26 armorings you have to RE the ones that drop of Kephess in HM EC.

For the 27s, best way to get it is to RE Dread Guard gear from HM TFB. The only way to get the unbound armoring schematic is RE'ing the bracers or belt that are a random Hazmat drop or guaranteed drop in NiM EC.

The other way to go about it is to purchase the Armoring/Mod/Enhancement you'd like to learn off of a crafter who can make them, slot it into one of your armor pieces, and then remove it. It was unintended, but this changes things so you can learn a schematic off of a player made item. If you have a lot of credits and can't run HM TFB or NiM EC, it's the way to learn 27s.

You basically need to be in an end game PvE oriented guild to learn the 27s/some 26s. You can learn the 26s by RE'ing mods and enhancements you rip out from BH gear purchased with BH comms, but to learn the unbound 26 armorings you have to RE the ones that drop of Kephess in HM EC.

For the 27s, best way to get it is to RE Dread Guard gear from HM TFB. The only way to get the unbound armoring schematic is RE'ing the bracers or belt that are a random Hazmat drop or guaranteed drop in NiM EC.

The other way to go about it is to purchase the Armoring/Mod/Enhancement you'd like to learn off of a crafter who can make them, slot it into one of your armor pieces, and then remove it. It was unintended, but this changes things so you can learn a schematic off of a player made item. If you have a lot of credits and can't run HM TFB or NiM EC, it's the way to learn 27s.

Unbound armorings are also in Offhand Campaign/Hazmat/Dread Guard drops.

You can also RE any 61 mod/armoring(even slot specific)/enhancement and get molecular stabilizers from the RE. Then take those stabs and have someone craft the 27 item you want to RE, and use the same trick to be able to learn the schematic from that. Just another method if you don't have the creds to buy the item.

Question Lycor.

if you RE a purple mod you have the chance to learn itself, is that right?

I have been seriously confused here. First, what do you mean, chance to learn itself?

I've asked many crafters about reverse-engineering crafted aftifact gear. The ones that have the green % and are applicable for r/e. WTH do we get from a successful r/e that hits from this?? I have been told this is how we acquire legendary gear? Myself, I rather doubt this. Perhaps it is another purple artifact piece similar to the one r/e'd, but with an extra stat or improvement of existing stats?

If anyone has any confirmed information on ^, I'd appreciate your info :)