The 'AddOn Issue'

What I think a lot of people don't realize is that purely from a developmental standpoint, not having AddOns actually makes the game/new content a lot easier to tune since everyone is on an even playing field. I know that a lot of people who played WoW, myself included, find the lack of AddOns, macros, target-of-target to be an uncomfortable and often-times very frustrating change because it brings your capabilities as a player below the par you've probably set for yourself in other video games, and consequently closer to worse players who either didn't utilize the additional UI features available to them, or didn't utilize them as well as they could have, but a couple certain things should be realized before people unload their frustration:

1) The drop in ability you're experiencing in your play is not unique- it's affected everyone else. If you can't handle the fact that it's bringing your level of performance closer to that of worse players, then you should probably reevaluate how you actually perform in the first place. If you are a legitimately good player (efficient keybindings, solid awareness, in-depth knowledge of role/class, sharp reflexes, intelligent response process to new obstacles), it will still show.

Note: I do understand that it is harder to evaluate DPS/Healing performance without meters, but like I said: if you are a legitimately a good player, it will still show, especially if you can do the math/show the math that your 'superior' rotation/specc. are based upon. If you can prove to your guild that you know how to min/max your performance on top of not standing-in-the-fire, it will be noted- if it's not, chances are you either aren't as good as you think you are, or you're not in a guild good/smart enough to recognize your ability and should consider playing with people more to your caliber.

2) With everyone on a level playing field, new content is much easier to tune. This should, I say should because if it doesn't it means that the BioWare dev team is not pulling their weight, make the release of new content a faster and more efficient process, and it should make the balancing of current pvp/content a faster and more efficient process as well.

Again on this note, the fact that there is no auto-attack also makes tuning/calculations easier and more efficient. It certainly makes my life easier in terms of doing the math for my class and my raid, and I can only assume that BioWare uses the same calculations to balance their encounters (You do tune your raids/itemization with math first and testing after, don't you!!!).

---

Finally, coming from playing WoW at the level I did (if it means anything, believe me, it was at a higher level than whatever anyone else here has come from) I can honestly say that I would prefer if the game stayed where it was in terms of AddOns, macros, etc. Although I would recommend that ToT and some form of Damage/Healing meters be added as I think that without either the game actually becomes less streamlined/simple, and subsequently tuning becomes more difficult.

I agree, but what is this all about "the level I played while playing wow" do you think you are the only person from WoW here?

I played in Closed Beta all the way through Cata...non stop. 1 account banned. 6 lvl 70's lost. 1 Account Hacked. Second account, 2 Lvl 85's geared up, Tank and Caster...Also got caught in the Achievments and mounts and pets...god I wasted my life...lol

Actually the fact that there is no add-ons and such forces the players oh I don't know to play.

many addon's didn't force the player to do anything, just click a button, on here it's more then that, and I love the fact that there is no add-ons or anything like that. they day they add DPS/healing meters is the day we see them start to nerf the raids to easy mode like all the raids in WoW are.

Actually the fact that there is no add-ons and such forces the players oh I don't know to play.

many addon's didn't force the player to do anything, just click a button, on here it's more then that, and I love the fact that there is no add-ons or anything like that. they day they add DPS/healing meters is the day we see them start to nerf the raids to easy mode like all the raids in WoW are.

I agree love the environment where you have to "play" your character. I will point out that your view of an "add-on" is wrong, they make known data and events user friendly.

Edited by Zezel

*The level I raided at.

If they don't add healing/dps meters they should at least do something (I saw in one of the other threads someone suggested Flashpoint Reports) to quantify the numbers. At least from a leadership perspective it makes things a lot easier in terms of evaluating where your players should be at. What I would suggest is either adding running meters like in WoW, or final reports at the end of an fp or op, and give players the option to opt out of showing up on the meters. That way, more casual players that don't want the pressure and other players who just don't want to take **** from idiots who think meters are everything don't have to deal with them. For my guild at least, I would want meters to be obligatorily enabled since it makes raid/player evaluation that much easier.

it all depends on what kind of addons, or functionality BW authorized.

But i disagree on one point, without meters, you won't be able to design really good encounter, you will always have more frustration, not knowing how the comabt went, what kind of damage the tank is taking, the raid.

simple exemple, say that i have a simple rotation A-B-C but if something procs, i have tu use C above B, it's better for DPS. If i want to really play well, i have to kieep an eye on my buff bar, to change my rotation if i see the proc.

But i want to play relax and suboptimal, i'll just do A-B-C.

and quite franckly without any kind of meter, i might as well do only A-B, nerf my DPS by 50% and let the other kill the thing for me. As long as i pay attention to kick when it's my turn and step out of the fire, people will think i am a good player.

One in my guild is currently playing vanguard, only from range, as a range class. It's like a hunter in wow saying he is melee spec. I'm thinking when he'll see the damage meter, he will realize he's not understanding well his class.

Finally, just one thing

Allow people to create addon for the game will free a HUGE quantity of ressource for bioware to create content, balance the game...

Without addon, they simply need to allocate many ressources to improve the ui, gameplay experience, the AH all of it.

People always tend to think addons = LOLOLOL DPS NOOB DAMAGE METER SPAM

Recount was amazing. And it certainly showed way more than who wasn't DPS'ing high enough.

"Oh look! Jimmy has 5 CC breaks and we've only been in here 30 minutes, he's top on DPS because he's spamming cleave and making everyone's life harder to pad the stupid meters."

"Oh wow! We're wiping to this raid encounter because some of our healers are running OOM, lets see what is going on. OH MY GOD THEY HAVE 50% OVERHEAL WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!"

"Hmmm, Bob seems to be convinced that our healers aren't doing their job properly, lets see what hit him so hard. Oh the boss through three random fireballs back to back on him. That's nearly unhealable so that's some iffy luck and hard to blame someone for."

People always tend to think addons = LOLOLOL DPS NOOB DAMAGE METER SPAM

Recount was amazing. And it certainly showed way more than who wasn't DPS'ing high enough.

"Oh look! Jimmy has 5 CC breaks and we've only been in here 30 minutes, he's top on DPS because he's spamming cleave and making everyone's life harder to pad the stupid meters."

"Oh wow! We're wiping to this raid encounter because some of our healers are running OOM, lets see what is going on. OH MY GOD THEY HAVE 50% OVERHEAL WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!"

"Hmmm, Bob seems to be convinced that our healers aren't doing their job properly, lets see what hit him so hard. Oh the boss through three random fireballs back to back on him. That's nearly unhealable so that's some iffy luck and hard to blame someone for."

No I think people that worry about issues like you said think they are leet.