Unassembled Pieces and Command Token Costs

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

As we talked about in the Galactic Command Thread, Game Update 5.1 will introduce methods for you to work towards getting specific pieces of Tier gear. A big part of that will be from Unassembled Gear Pieces. Those Pieces can drop from Operations bosses or purchased from the new PvP vendor for Unassembled Components. Once you have the piece, you will need to bring it to a new vendor on the fleet where you can purchase that specific piece of gear. As an example, if you have a Tier 1 Unassembled Head Piece you will be able to come to the vendor and purchase any Tier 1 head piece of your choice. Each Unassembled Piece also has a Command Token cost to purchase them, let’s break those down. The costs will be listed by slot and then the Command Token cost by Tier (Tier 1/Tier 2/ Tier 3). Here they are:

• Chest – 10/15/24
  • Legs -10/15/24
  • Head -10/15/24
  • Hands -10/15/24
  • Feet -10/15/24
  • Waist – 7/10/15
  • Wrist - 7/10/15
  • Implant - 8/12/18
  • Earpiece – 8/12/18
  • Relic – 8/12/18
  • Mainhand – 12/18/28
  • Off-hand – 12/18/28

As a reminder, you earn Command Tokens in each Command Crate that you open. You earn them at the following rate per crate:

• Tier 1 – 5
  • Tier 2 – 8
  • Tier 3 – 12

Lastly, there are new Command XP Boosts that you can buy for Command Tokens. These boosts only work while a character is in a specified Tier. They provide a 15% boost which stacks with the new legacy perk but not the MTX boost. Here are their costs:

• Tier 1 – 20
  • Tier 2 – 28
  • Tier 3 – 44

Let me know if you have any questions or anything is unclear. Thanks everyone.

-eric

Edited by EricMusco

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As you only round down, 15% increase to 2xp for golds is still 2.

Heroics, the main solo content, is still boned.

And now, to replace a system of three different crystals because it was too complicated, we have tokens, assembled and unassembled pieces. two different boosts plus a need to combine at least two elements to get a reward.

Do you guys actually listen to yourselves at any point?

And now, to replace a system of three different crystals because it was too complicated, we have tokens, assembled and unassembled pieces. two different boosts plus a need to combine at least two elements to get a reward.

This just made me giggle. They can't win for losing. I'm gonna need to consult an abacus after everything I do.

We get one really messy system that combine three types of commendations that we get from command ranks and token from the bosses.

Those Command Token should be for Vanity and Boost items and shouldn't be needed for any type of gear that require token.

Edited by ludoviccb

The new system is already giving me a migraine. Why couldn't we just get tokens and turn them in for an armour piece once we have 'x' amount?

Yes this would have been the simplest and best way to fix the system. I would have gone with the following :-

3 tiers of tokens such as being introduced now but the tokens used directly to purchase gear in the rates of

10 tokens each for set piece item's

5 tokens each for main hand and off hand

2 tokens each for relics, implants and earpieces

This would ensure even with awful luck players still get a full set of t1 gear by level 90.

Well good news is you would only need to be around level 39 GC to have enough tokens to start gearing out an old HM OP equivalent set so that's a lot better than having to grind to 90 just to start getting them to drop.

This means guilds should again be able to purposely target content for progression gearing of their teams without everyone needing riddiculous levels of GC.

The drop rates of pieces on non final bosses will make up how easily and fast gearing is but it's certainly better than what we have now.

I personally won't be having a part of it and won't resub unless it's for new content or the system changes to a time investment of what I was able to put during 4.0 for gearing purposes ( or I just really feel I need access to my credits heh - best reason to sub for me ) but this is certainly an improvement unlike the WZ/GSF changes which are just laughable.

Well good news is you would only need to be around level 39 GC to have enough tokens to start gearing out an old HM OP equivalent set so that's a lot better than having to grind to 90 just to start getting them to drop.

Actually I think since there are 3 tiers of token you would need 39 ranks at tier 2 to combine with HM unassembleds.

So rank 130 or 39 in total combined from alts above 90.

Edited by DarthZaul

Actually I think since there are 3 tiers of token you would need 39 ranks at tier 2 to combine with HM unassembleds.

So rank 130 or 39 in total combined from alts above 90.

Not sure what you mean? You can skip the previous tier entirely since the operation unassembled gear never mentioned needing the previous tier's gear.

So it looks really good. Its kind of simple and once you get that piece you go boom Tier 3 on basically CXp lvl 1 alt.

That sounds really nice.

So the Question is

Where is the small problem that will make everyone go crazy when it goes live?

Are these gears non-BiS? Like high endurance crit enhancements, wrong mods? MK-4/MK-2 versions of Ears/Implants/relics? Huh? Where is it? Do armorings have set-bonus? ???

After all of this, and things that happened even before 5.0 I just dont know If I (means anyone) can believe you Devs..

oh yeah one more

Will we be able to rip and craft mods, enhancements, hilts orbarrels / ears, implants, relics bought from this vendor?

The gear command token costs are so low that they make me question the point of command tokens in the first place.

Maybe it's different for raiders.

Yeah they are rather pointless when you don't need the previous tier gear first but I should be quiet unless they decided to do something to the operations drops too ( must have tier 1 to cash in tier 2 ) or something stupid like that ( i.e. as stupid as what they've done to PVP ).

Now, I am confused about something after reading the other posts...is gear only available to those who raid and pvp? People who don't do that have no means or necessity to earn gear anymore? Or do these armour pieces and coins come from doing say Chapters with the GC? Is that what will be in the boxes now?

I'd appreciate it if someone could clarify this for me...

Thanks. :)

Now, I am confused about something after reading the other posts...is gear only available to those who raid and pvp? People who don't do that have no means or necessity to earn gear anymore? Or do these armour pieces and coins come from doing say Chapters with the GC? Is that what will be in the boxes now?

You can still get gear like you do currently - that is, earning CXP and then getting lucky with the gear drops from Command Crates. The 5.1 changes will have nearly no impact on your playstyle, they improve the gearing for PvP and operation players.

The main changes you will notice are:

1. There is a new Character Perk in Legacy for an up to 10% boost to CXP. It will likely cost many million credits, and you need to purchase it on each character separately.
  2. There's a new vendor where you can buy 15% CXP boosts, if you aren't already using the 25% boosts from the Cartel Market. To buy the new boosts, you need Command Tokens (a new currency introduced with 5.1), and opening four Command Crates will give you enough Tokens for one CXP boost.
  3. The CXP from all activities has been rebalanced. So it's possible that Chapters and Heroics will give more CXP than right now, but we'll have to wait until Tuesday to be sure.

Edited by Jerba

At least it is a small step in the right direction and it's better than the current system. This is a small step which is better than a massive step they've been known to do in the past and then completely break it.

Sure the system is a bit convoluted, but they are working with the dodgy system they already put in place.

Keep giving them construct feed back like Eric asked for and hopefully they'll continue to adjust things.

Not sure what you mean? You can skip the previous tier entirely since the operation unassembled gear never mentioned needing the previous tier's gear.

You can't skip the grind for command XP. You need the token from the tier 2 crates, to be able to use the unassembled gear token.

The difference is that you need to grind a single toon to high command rank then you can use the gear token that you get from PvE or buy from the PvP vendor. For the next toon, you can gear up faster since you got those tokens on your main, but you still need to grind Command XP to be able to use the unassembled gear tokens you get.

Edited by ludoviccb

You can't skip the grind for command XP. You need the token from the tier 2 crates, to be able to use the unassembled gear token.

The difference is that you need to grind a single toon to high command rank then you can use the gear token that you get from PvE or buy from the PvP vendor. For the next toon, you can gear up faster since you got those tokens on your main, but you still need to grind Command XP to be able to use the unassembled gear tokens you get.

I'm pretty sure you're wrong. You just need Command Tokens (= a new currency, not the unassembled pieces) along with an Unassembled Piece from an operation boss to get a gear piece. The Tokens drop from all Command Crates, it doesn't matter if you are Tier 1 or Tier 3 (though T3 gives more Tokens per crate than T1), and they can be sent to other chars.

The previous gear pieces (e.g. trading in a T1 gear piece to get a T2 gear piece) are only required for PvP, so MeNaCe-NZ is correct.

You can still get gear like you do currently - that is, earning CXP and then getting lucky with the gear drops from Command Crates. The 5.1 changes will have nearly no impact on your playstyle, they improve the gearing for PvP and operation players.

The main changes you will notice are:

1. There is a new Character Perk in Legacy for an up to 10% boost to CXP. It will likely cost many million credits, and you need to purchase it on each character separately.
  2. There's a new vendor where you can buy 15% CXP boosts, if you aren't already using the 25% boosts from the Cartel Market. To buy the new boosts, you need Command Tokens (a new currency introduced with 5.1), and opening four Command Crates will give you enough Tokens for one CXP boost.
  3. The CXP from all activities has been rebalanced. So it's possible that Chapters and Heroics will give more CXP than right now, but we'll have to wait until Tuesday to be sure.

Thanks for taking the time to explain, Jerba. I appreciate it. :)

Precisely. The easiest way to solve this gearing mess would be to boost CXP rates for Galactic Command so solo PVE players can gear in a reasonable amount of time and then to simply bring back 4.0 operations loot system in its entirety. This would allow Bioware to remain true to their vision for Galactic Command allowing solo players eventual access to BiS Operations gearing while allowing raiders to actually get back to HM\NM raiding in a reasonable time period.

All of this command token combining is convoluted and unnecessary, just make Story mode drop one tier, hard mode the second tier and nightmare mode the highest tier and you're done. Bioware destroyed a very good working system from 4.0 and replaced it with this gearing circus.