Kira Carsen - Companion story bug?

Blev

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read that this isnt a bug, it means you have enought affection but you are not far enough along in the story to get the quests.

I think there is a bug but this is true also... I know after certain points I get a big clump of Kira convos like 3-4 then no more until another big part of the story is gotten through then the same. If you see the icon and click on your companion and they should say they want to speak with you privately.

I have this bug on Kira Carson. I am now level 46 and just leaving Voss after completing the class quests and bonus series.

I have had several occasions where she says she wants to talk but if I make any move to go to the ship the chat icon disappears and I get no conversation.

Hence I have not spoken with her since then. Actually thinking about it I have not had a conversation with any of my crew since then.

This is not me. I am up to speed with my class missions and my affection with her is almost 7000. Doc is also on over 5000 affection.

So...

1. Did I upset her on Nar Shaddah and now she's having a hissy fit?

2. Is it a hormonal thing?

3. Is it still a bug that they said hey have fixed?

Personally I think it is number 3 and they need to get it sorted. My life with my lackies is awfully dull now. I wish I could sack them and get some new crew who might feel the urge to speak to me now and then.

Does the story for Kira end after you are married with her? I married her a long time ago, and she hasn't talked to me since. Or is there something after I defeat the Emperor?

You should have had one more conversation after marrying her about kids.

I haven't read through pages, I am not really bugged but I still do get the message "kira Carsen want's to speak with you...etc" on her icon sometimes for few seconds, although she has nothing to say because I haven't proceeded far enough in story. Not a huge issue, but still hoping it'd get fixed.

I haven't read through pages, I am not really bugged but I still do get the message "kira Carsen want's to speak with you...etc" on her icon sometimes for few seconds, although she has nothing to say because I haven't proceeded far enough in story. Not a huge issue, but still hoping it'd get fixed.

You know here I thought that the quest itself was bugged and she still wasn't able to speak....thanks for that; Did they posts that information somewhere or is it like everything else and the players had to find out for themselves?

The bug still hasn't been fixed for me. I saw the message that Kira wants to speak to me on my ship, but when I go back to the ship she still doesn't start the conversation. Is the problem fixed for everyone else?

nope i still have the problem of her wanting to talk but get to ship and nothing

My Jedi knight had a conversation that resulted in a first kiss with her after the Defector. Now I'm on Alderaan and haven't had a single conversation since. even though the "your companion wishes to speak with you on the ship" message keeps disappearing and reappearing. Is her companion quest bugged for me?

My Jedi knight had a conversation that resulted in a first kiss with her after the Defector. Now I'm on Alderaan and haven't had a single conversation since. even though the "your companion wishes to speak with you on the ship" message keeps disappearing and reappearing. Is her companion quest bugged for me?

I get the same thing but at certain key points i can all of a sudden have 4-6 conversations with Kira...not sure if its really supposed to be like that with the "fix" but who knows.

She isn't bugged for me.

I am almost capped now and in the earl 9000 range she took me on a lovely trip to Voss to further her story along.

Based on the fact that so far she has had 2 actual missions to go on, one to the Bonus Area of Nar Shaddah then the next to Voss, plus the fact that she is actually tied to your class quests it's apparent that her Affection level isn't all you need to progress with her, you will also need to reach certain leveling plateaus as well.

Doc on the other hand I have capped and though I too am stuck on the Crazy Talk broken mission, he doesn't seem to have any actual missions to go run anywhere. The one time he said he needed to go to Alderaan, he walked away and came back in the same dialogue scene, same for when he went to Hutta. (which was a bummber I thought I was going to get a chance to go to Hutta and get those 3 lore datacrons the Republic can't seem to access.

I have Kira's affection maxed out, and have not gotten an option to talk to her since her and my character 'found something to occupy the time" and I have only gotten the one Companion Quest to Nar Shaddaa. Currently I am level 46 and at Voss.

Conversations unlock as you progress through story. They wont all unlock when you reach X affection.

Edited by Idunhavaname

I did as was mentioned and resisted the first flirt, then got 3 missions in a row. Since then, she wanted to talk on the ship twice. When I got to the ship, she no longer wanted to talk and gave no missions...........any ideas?

So I'm out of Act I into Act II and have 5k affection with her already, problem is I haven't gotten a single companion cutscene from her with exception of the beginning one. Now I do know there were some issues regarding her in beta, I take it this is the problem that was occurring or am I not far enough in yet? Is there some cutscene that has to be triggered first from the main story before it will unlock her personal cutscenes?

Update: How to Avoid this Issue

When you kill her 'brother' and you have a chat with her in the briefing room choosing the DS flirt option makes the flirt option in your conversation with her after tython DS. When you choose both these options she mentions wanting to kiss you but not. And afterwards you cannot pick up a quest from her.

If you choose NOT to flirt with her, i.e. avoid DS points, the second conversation yields a non-DS flirt (not LS either for obvious jedi moral reasons). This time she 'accepts' your advance rather than allude to her feelings. Then suddenly a bunch of side quests bunch up on her by the cockpit (as opposed to the briefing room). The second and third have non-DS flirts.

Another important point to make. A lot of people are asking why they can't talk to her BEFORE meeting her 'brother'. There is a very good reason for this. The first quest she gives starts by assuming you know about her past, therefore proves that you MUST complete Nar Shaddaa before you get anything from her.

Courtesy of Cadan

Get to level 50 and finish all of your class quests and max affection.

That, and only that, is how you unlock every last quest she has. Even then, it isn't that many. I'm not sure what your problem is. By your description, Kira is working PERFECTLY for you. Are you expecting her to have tons of content before you've advanced your main quest? Don't.

The Kira bug is fixed. The overhead-mission-indicator-when-there's-no-mission is fixed.

The companion-portrait-dialog-indicator-when-there's-no-dialog is not fixed. That is all.

Edited by Lomerell

Conversations unlock as you progress through story. They wont all unlock when you reach X affection.

Kira is still bugged i think, not sure about other companions but this is what i got with Kira, i'll try not to give many spoilers.

I just did this a few minutes ago, and before this i never had any conversation with her, i'm around 5000 affection and i'm lvl 28

so, i finished Nar shadda and got the quest for the asteroid field, i go there do whatever is needed, speak to kira, back to Thyton (jedi starter world), speak to council, back to ship and i get the icon over her head to talk, so i talk, finish the conversation, another icon, and another, and another, so i speak to her 4 times in a row and from what she says it seems (to me anyway) that the first 3 conversations should have come earlier and over time not all at the same time and only the 4th conversation should be the one i got at this time.

so no conversation since i got her and then i get 4 in a row, this doesn't seem right and if it is right then imo it's a poor story design.

Edited by skepticck