I need help with a Immortal Juggernaut ability set

SpartanOffee

I'm quite a new player to SWTOR but i ended up subscribing because i'm enjoying the game a lot. I recently made a immortal Juggernaut and was wondering if anyone had a good ability set that i could use. I could make one up but i don't know entirely what i need for tanking.

https://torcommunity.com/guides/classes/sith-warrior/sith-juggernaut/immortal#rotation

here's a general idea of the rotation for that spec

Rotation

Aegis Assault > Smash > Crushing Blow (Retaliation) > Filler > Filler > Filler > Force Scream (Retaliation) > Filler

Aegis Assault > Ravage > Crushing Blow (Retaliation) > Filler > Filler > Smash > Force Scream (Retaliation) > Filler

Aegis Assault > Filler > Crushing Blow (Retaliation) > Filler > Filler > Ravage > Force Scream (Retaliation) > Filler

Filler: Vicious Throw (0%/20%) / Vicious Slash (20%/0%) / Assault (21%) / Saber Throw (7%) / Force Choke (6%) / Backhand (4%) / Chilling Scream (20%/20%)

Minor Rotation: 8 GCDs

Major Rotation: 24 GCDs

For the record, assuming a boss fight, the first warding strike should always be used under a taunt window, because it is very low threat.

Against a single target/boss: leap+combat focuse --> guardian slash + riposte. For single target, the warding strike isnt as big a deal because there is no needed aoe. Thus holding off on the warding strike until your first taunt window enables you to have greater threat generation.

For adds/multiple: if you have already procced guardian slash with warding strike and it hasnt fallen off yet, leap and use it. Otherwise: leap --> sweep --> cyclone slash/reflect (assuming you take the high threat on it) --> aoe taunt --> warding strike --> guardian slash (using combat focus whenever you need the focus)

Warding strike is low aggro, so using the first under a taunt window is ideal, unless you want dps ripping aggro off you.

• 1 month later...
What would you like suggestions on? Rotation/threat generation, gear, pve, pvp? I'll always help a new guardian.

Sorry, i was looking for Utility skills. I can't find any place that has them for Immortal Jugg that will be doing Pvp.

Edited by MandFlurry

Sorry, i was looking for Utility skills. I can't find any place that has them for Immortal Jugg that will be doing Pvp.

Im not near my computer so I dont have the titles, but I'll give you what I do. You should know that my playstyle is very defensively/team support oriented, not assertive or damage oriented as a tank. Utilities are also very personal; my setup might not be optimal for your playstyle.

This is also for PVP, what i take for PVE is different.

Tier 1:

I generally take the CC break gives you a small heal and the root on master strike/blade barrage (ravage, i think for juggies). Neither of these is particularly mandatory, but I find i get stunned a lot, and roots are always annoying. I believe these are the top left and top right utility spot.

Tier 2:

I take the leap makes you immune to knockback and the force stasis (force choke) cd reduction. Again, neither is particularly mandatory and here there is competition. I think these are bottom middle and bottom left.

Tier 3:

The mandatory utility here is the 30s rediction on focused (enraged) defense. This is a htf every 90 seconds, and while a dps guardian might not generally live long enough to get a second use out of it, your tank almost certainly can. I also take the 30% stun DR as again. I spend a lot of time stunned. These are the top middle and bottom left i think.

Tier 4: there are really 3 utilities here worthy of mention. The longer reflect I consider mandatory, as its a 60s CD and the extra couple seconds can make a difference if youre being tank tunneled. I also take the saber throw root/awe CD reduction as i like being a nuisance to the enemy team. These are the top middle and top right utilities i think. These face steep competition from the guardian leap (intercede) mproving utility, which is also very good and i honestly wish i could take all 3. For my playstyle however i find the root and awe more often to be more useful, but this is very situational and playstyle dependant. All 3 of these are powerful utilities, and I strongly recommend you take 2 of the 3, probably reflect and one of the other 2.

To summarize: there are 2 i consider absolutely mandatory (FD/ED cd reduction and reflect improvement) and a pick one of two situation with saber throw root and guardian leap/intercede improvement. The rest i gave you mine for completionist sake but are not critical to pvp guardian tanking.

To add to what Kendra said (I more or less agree with most of what they said), I think these two utilities definitely deserve some consideration.

Unschackling Rage from the masterful tier (drop cd reduction on choke). Having an extra rootbreak can come in very handy, and a short on demand speed boost can also be helpful at times, I personally adore this utility and have taken it pretty much always (on pretty much every pve fight/always in pvp) on every juggernaut spec ever since they created this utility.

Through Victory from the legendary tier. Again a rootbreak, this one with the added benefit of a lower cooldown on mad dash, which can both be used to negate predictable big hits (think heat seaking missiles from merc or thundering blast from sorc). It faces some steep competition in this tier obviously, but it's worth considering at they very least if you ask me.

Overall I'd say just play around with the utilities until you find what's most comfortable for you, for most utilities there's some case to make.

Edited by AdjeYo

Thank you very much Kendra and AdjeYo, your both awesome, and thanx for posting. I just started with my 70 Immortal Juggie, and i can't wait to get a good rotation and and Utility system going. Thank you both.:)

I also love being a nuisance to the enemy team as well :)

Edited by MandFlurry