WH Sniper Rifle better than Augmented Custom

Ehrylithryl

So i got my War Hero Sniper Rifle (which looks great btw). Didnt want to trade it off for elegant modified sniper, which is one of two aug models that i've seen so far selling on GTN, but ended up doing it thinking i would get slightly better overall dmg from augm.

AFter spending 100k on rifle, 160k on ripping mods from WH rifle and about 70k for augment, i realize that custom rifle is now getting me less dmg (went from 917 max with WH rifle to 880 with custom).

Turns out my stripped-of-mods-WH-rifle is still holding about +50 tech dmg and has a base dmg of 40-50, while custom is only about 6-10.

In the end, I spent 340k for a worst weapon. Now, just have to strip the mods again and put them bach on WH sniper, meaning another 160k....Waist of time and creds. Am i missing something?

****... good post!

There is no way to check the base dmg/rating of any weapon or armorpiece right now. Well, exect to ripp everything out first and inspect the empty shell.

I simply assume -until NOW!- that alls weapon shells for a certain type and all armor slot for a certain armory type and slot would have the same base dmg and would only differ based on the mods.

So either this is a huge flaw or maybe maybe maybe you found a single bugged weap with the WH sniper or the custom sniper not having the correct base dmg a "sniper rifle" should have.

Cant be item lvl, right? the WH sniper and elegant custom sniper are both lvl50 items?

First thing Ill do when I am home is get on my Artificer and compare base dmg of the schematics for the lvl20 and the lvl50 lightsaber shells!

i realized i traded a sniper rifle (WH Field Tech Sniper Rifle) for a blaster (Elegant Modified Blaster Rifle), which have less base dmg, which might explain the diference in min-max dmg after mods. Still, im yet to find a augmented sniper rifle on sale or from guildies. Has anyone seen an aug version of sniper rifles and tried to mod it with WH mods?

It still doesnt explain the fact that the WH sniper kept the +48 tech dmg though.

i realized i traded a sniper rifle (WH Field Tech Sniper Rifle) for a blaster (Elegant Modified Blaster Rifle), which have less base dmg, which might explain the diference in min-max dmg after mods. Still, im yet to find a augmented sniper rifle on sale or from guildies. Has anyone seen an aug version of sniper rifles and tried to mod it with WH mods?

It still doesnt explain the fact that the WH sniper kept the +48 tech dmg though.

That +48 tech damage disappears as soon as you put mods in, it is determined by the rating, not the shell (no it is not added to it afterwards either). In fact all empty custom weapons show some residual tech damage. This also happens with orange armor (shows an armor class of 6 or something low) when it doesn't have anything in it. So whatever it shows without mods doesn't exist anymore as soon as you put mods inside.

A custom sniper rifle with WH mods will be 100% identical to the original WH sniper rifle that you pulled the mods from, except for the extra augment slot on the custom one.

And yes I have seen an augmented sniper rifle on the GTN, in fact I bought it.

Edited by Rhaphael