Is This A Joke? A Bug? Intentional?

ThadiusMoor

Part I don't get - Why is a GUILD conquest weekly event tied to personal stronghold count/filled hooks?

Shouldn't it be tied to - maybe a GUILD SHIP? I mean seriously that would have made more sense to have guild conquest bonus based off how unlocked a Guild ship is and that determined the BONUS on how many HOOKS they have used.

Why are the hard to get and rare DECO's not 1,000 REP instead of only 100 points?

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you people basically imagined that they would increase the SH limit, even though noone ever promised that, and now you are upset because something that was not promised isn't actually there?

Are you serious?

If they give new armor, are you upset you can't wear two armors at once?

If they give new haircut, do you expect having two haircuts merged on your head?

I can't have it all, I have to choose, oh the tragedy, oh how awful life is!

Ikr. I don't remember anyone saying that we would get a 7 sh cap increase. They ASSUMED this is what happened and are now mad they have to either give up a stronghold or don't buy the train. And they ASSUMED, they'd get the new SH the same week.

I guess they don't know what ***-U-ME means.

Yes they do - they drop in the easy mode versions - did a few yesterday for the weekly for quickness and got loads of decorations drop. I normally do hard mode - decorations don't drop in those.

Off-topic, but this wasn't a case when Star Fortresses were released. Veteran Star Fortresses used to drop better decorations (or more like, a chance to get better decos), mods and gear from bosses. Then one update broke them and now bosses don't drop ANYHTING on Veteran mode, and it has been like this for a...year? I was in awe when I came back and realised this is still broken, fixing one frieking loot-table shouldn't be that hard. I actually PM'd Keith about it. He actually answered me. So let's hope they will get fixed at some point.

It is a shame that newer players have no idea that things in this game actually used not to be broken all the time.

It is disappointing to me all the same. It not that you cannot have the seven strongholds. Its more to do with how BW released this. You are correct BW never said we can have all seven, but never said we could not either....

Do you seriously expect to be notified, or have path notes, that include everything that does not change? I can see being upset when changes are not announced, but complaining that something that did not change was not announced, well, I am at a loss of words for that., other than if you assume something...

Ikr. I don't remember anyone saying that we would get a 7 sh cap increase. They ASSUMED this is what happened and are now mad they have to either give up a stronghold or don't buy the train. And they ASSUMED, they'd get the new SH the same week.

I guess they don't know what ***-U-ME means.

I just saw someone in Reddit lolwutting to someone who said that there has always been limit, and claiming you always could have all Strongholds. New players just haven't been there and they think that things have always been like this as they are now. Lolwut I can say too. I've been away quite a long time, and when I activelly played before un-subbing, you absolutely couldn't have all Strongholds. It was a constant source of ranting in this very forum after Yavin was released. To get Yavin you had to deactivate one of your Strongholds, and that was the situation when I bought Yavin too. At some point when I was away they rised the cap, but it has been a VERY short time you could have all Strongholds.

On the other hand...Bioware has the players it deserves right now. I'm feeling a little smug. They deserve it after 4.0. No, I still haven't forgiven them, I have just adapted. People might want to try that.

Hey folks!

It is intended that we did not raise the Stronghold cap, due to its impact on Conquests. The idea of "place chairs in every hook" for your bonus is not a great experience. We would like to allow you to have the Strongholds you want and decorate them the way you want, without negative impact on Conquests. Right now those things are integrally tied together.

We may increase the Stronghold cap in the future, but first we want to address some of the issues related to Conquests.

-eric

well. instead of bonus being tied to decorations why not let bonus be tied to amount of sh that is unlocked. so if you buy the sh expansions you get the full bonus. that would be easier

Do you seriously expect to be notified, or have path notes, that include everything that does not change? I can see being upset when changes are not announced, but complaining that something that did not change was not announced, well, I am at a loss of words for that., other than if you assume something...

Actually they should have told people that you couldn't have all strongholds, especially after they made a post about the cap on the data you needed to unlock the stronghold. Right there would have been a perfect time to inform them so they would have known before they decided to run the flashpoint countless times to get the data maxed and then waited for the new week to get the rest of it. Not telling them when there was a forum post talking about the data needed for the strongholds was irresponsible of BW as they knew of that post.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=930688

Edited by casirabit

Part I don't get - Why is a GUILD conquest weekly event tied to personal stronghold count/filled hooks?

Shouldn't it be tied to - maybe a GUILD SHIP? I mean seriously that would have made more sense to have guild conquest bonus based off how unlocked a Guild ship is and that determined the BONUS on how many HOOKS they have used.

Why are the hard to get and rare DECO's not 1,000 REP instead of only 100 points?

True, and if not 100 % the guild ship unlocking status should have at least some part in the conquest bonus % mixed with the personal bonus from personal strongholds. The ship lacks a lot of meaning. The only things you can practically do with it is travel and parking it above a planet for a buff. Everything else is pure cosmetical and irrelevant. And that for 100's of millions of credits and countless man hours of playtime...

Edited by Khaleg

Hey folks!

It is intended that we did not raise the Stronghold cap, due to its impact on Conquests. The idea of "place chairs in every hook" for your bonus is not a great experience. We would like to allow you to have the Strongholds you want and decorate them the way you want, without negative impact on Conquests. Right now those things are integrally tied together.

We may increase the Stronghold cap in the future, but first we want to address some of the issues related to Conquests.

-eric

You know Eric, I do not know whether I need to laugh or cry here. You recognize that putting chairs in every hook is not a great experience.

Then you want to address issues related to Conquests.

But the big elephant in the room that you just casually dance around is the problem with Strongholds itself: the availability of enough decorations in variation and frequency.

I have nearly 200k personal rating. I bought way too much in the sense of cartel packs and I was already struggling with filling 4 Strongholds in a meaningful way. And then we haven't even talked about the poor hook placement in most of the strongholds.

With all respect, but I find it utterly ridiculous that you guys won't even touch these subjects here in communication, let alone in the game itself. And a post like this where you identify an issue for Strongholds but actually avoid talking about the causes is just frustrating.

And as much as I am ok with having a cap on the number of active Strongholds, I do not find it ok that you guys did not communicate this beforehand. It's either careless or malicious, but I choose to believe it was careless. Of course if it was done intentionally I will class it as malice.

Would it be too much to ask that you guys put yourself in the position of your players and think from time to time what sort of information we would like to have, just even as a matter of courtesy? It's simple courtesy Eric. It would say that you, as a company, actually give a flying f... about your customers and I'm just trying to understand why even a thing like this wasn't communicated. There is no good reason to omit such a thing. And it's not like the patches are so big that you can use the excuse of something slipping by.

And this is something that I do put to you as a community manager. I really feel that it should be common sense that such a thing would've been clearly communicated beforehand.

Hey folks!

-eric

The Solution is clear: make Conquest bonus based on expansions unlocked, not hooks filled. It costs upward of 40 millions to unlock all expansions for previous 6 strongholds, so that should be enough to qualify someone for Conquest bonus, without a need to place Commemorative Meat Trees all over the place.

Yes, they didn't promise a cap raise.

Yes, the conquest reasons that Eric stated are valid.

But here is the thing that should be CRUCIAL for BW: They lose money because of this. And money makes EA go round.

Eric, it's very simple: I have all previous strongholds, all properly decorated. I spent many credits and also real life money on decorations.

You added new decos recently to the CM. I assume you would want me to buy them, right? Give you some extra income for the game?

Well, without the new stronghold I have no need to buy those new decos or deco packs. All my current SHs are already nice and shiny.

If you want my money for your recent deco additions, you have to increase my SH cap, so that I can get a new empty SH for decorating.

I couldn't care less for the conquest bonus. I would be interested in the SH and only that.

That said, I won't run your new content again. I did it once, was displeased with the story and since I cannot get the new SH without giving up one of my nicely decorated ones, I have no reason to revisit Umbara. Is this what you intended? Make new content which is not played? I don't think BW is in the position to restrict anything by now. It doesn't look good and you know it.

Stop nerfing, stop capping, stop restricting. You need to create maximum JOY for as many players as possible now if you want to keep on going.

So far it has always been the case that new strongholds count for the conquest.

Actually, it hasn't. When the Yavin SH was released, they didn't (initially) raise the SH cap. It was only when the players squawked that they raised it. Granted, when they released Manaan, they *did* raise the cap, but that just makes it harder to predict what they will do: will they up the limit like for Manaan(1), or will they leave it alone, like for Yavin?

(1) Actually, we don't know whether they upped it at that point, or whether they raised it from 4 directly to 6 in the aftermath of releasing the Yavin one.

Hey folks!

-eric

PLacing chairs on every hook is the easiest way to get the bonus off-the-bat. - Ofc you can go and redecorate at your leisure after that.

- But conquest has had 'issues' sine it was introduced. - IT's unlikely to have any major overhaul anytime soon.

-I don't mind that you have to work for the SH, but they could have made the grind something different from 'doing exactly the same thing several times over and over' - You do wonder what they were thinking in their team-meetings sometimes. Did no-one suggest making the experience a little different each time? - I'm sure a lot of people will get the 60 tokens and never set foot on that train in the FP again.

I was never a big fan of dailies, but at least you can mix them up a bit, find new ways of doing them, do some one day and some the next....

(1) Actually, we don't know whether they upped it at that point, or whether they raised it from 4 directly to 6 in the aftermath of releasing the Yavin one.

Oh yes, we know that, the cap was raised to five about a bit over a year ago. Actually I was one of the first people to coincidentally realize this while I was waiting for someone, coincidentally standing near the stronghold terminals on the fleet and clicking on them out of pure boredom. Suddenly I realized it offered me to buy the Yavin stronghold unlike before. So I bought it, eager for the conquest bonus only, fully unlocked and decorated it, and bang, really 125 % conquest bonus.

After this I've contacted the CS to get an explanation and details about this change and talked with a live agent. He admitted they've put that into the game silently without any mentioning in the patch notes. I think that was a patch in May 2016 or something. He said they did that intentionally for the people to find out about this themselves.

He also said there are no further strongholds planned. :-)

Edited by Khaleg

I am probably the only one who agrees with bioware on this, rather than just increasing stronghold limits and add to a already broken conquest system they are actually considering how to go about this, changes such as limiting the max conquest bonus or even a different system entirely (I never agreed with personal strongholds being a part of conquests anyway). But take proper thought on how to go about it don't just jump at the first one.

I could care less about decorating my strongholds its not a activity I consider fun so to save Gimping my guild I do the chair and bed in every slot because I want to help my guild but don't care for how it looks outside of the opening room. The current system encourages me to do just that even though I never considered it right.

Perhaps they could have communicated this ahead of time but everyone just assumed the limit would increase when bioware said nothing of the kind.

Edited by Jedi_riches

Hey folks!

-eric

Do you, YELLOWS, even realize that right now, at this very moment, there is literally zero (0) motivation for players to grind your your new content? Not talking about grinding it on more than 1 toon? #lol

So let us have 7 strongholds with 150% bonus.. I know - it would break the game even more, but hell you are intentionally killing your investments the next week they come out..

The idea is pretty bad.. Galactic hero, The Outlander, restricted to 6 strongholds.. u wot m8?

While you will be at it, please, repair the guild panel, its horrendous. thx.

Hey folks!

-eric

Maybe it sounds crazy but it would help to sever that connection between the two. Then people ACTUALLY could decorate the way we want and people could do conquests the way they want.

Do you, YELLOWS, even realize that right now, at this very moment, there is literally zero (0) motivation for players to grind your your new content? Not talking about grinding it on more than 1 toon? #lol

So let us have 7 strongholds with 150% bonus.. I know - it would break the game even more, but hell you are intentionally killing your investments the next week they come out..

The idea is pretty bad.. Galactic hero, The Outlander, restricted to 6 strongholds.. u wot m8?

While you will be at it, please, repair the guild panel, its horrendous. thx.

I have motivation.

From what I have seen I like the new stronghold and want to use it as my main stronghold in terms of storage and harvesting nodes and the like.

So there's my motivation, and the motivation of other players that may feel the same.

I am not at the stronghold cap, but even if I were, even if I bought extra strongholds to fill up with chairs for the conquest bonus, I still like this one enough that I would just deactivate one of the others and use this one instead.

"Wasted" credits expanding some other stronghold? Boo-hoo. I dropped a million on a useless decoration because I didn't notice that there was a limit of one before I purchased two and the vendor not only didn't offer a refund but the decoration was bound and had a sell price of 0. I'll make that back before long.

Hey folks!

-eric

Musco isn't that a little abusive, you telling us that we should not play the game as we want ? That is not a violation of the ToS, that is just Bioware doing a poor job. I do not spam chairs on my stronghold, since they are all fully decorated, but this is really a bad reply to the community, and take note that we are really displeased wit you ppl, not that you care...

Just tie the conquest bonus to unlocking full strongholds.

1 Fully unlocked SH = +25%

2 Fully unlocked SHs = +50%

That simple. No more pointless filling with chairs, cash reward spent on full unlocked is rewarded with bonus and those who enjoy decorating can tinker with their houses and furnitures forever without having to worry about conquest number.

I was entertaining the idea of taking second character through Umbara. One that is not

involved with Theron - I can't imagine ruuning this FP multiple times, with a character that keeps being betrayed by LI every time...

But I will not sacrifice my other SHs. They may not be finished yet, but each has a theme and I've been working my *** off, to decorate them the way I want. Which is supposedly what I should have been doing. And yet I feel like I'm being punished for it...

So, it's a second time I play new content only one time (first was Iokath, of course). This is not a good trend you're setting, BW. Not good at all.

Oh yes, we know that, the cap was raised to five about a bit over a year ago. Actually I was one of the first people to coincidentally realize this while I was waiting for someone, coincidentally standing near the stronghold terminals on the fleet and clicking on them out of pure boredom. Suddenly I realized it offered me to buy the Yavin stronghold unlike before. So I bought it, eager for the conquest bonus only, fully unlocked and decorated it, and bang, really 125 % conquest bonus.

After this I've contacted the CS to get an explanation and details about this change and talked with a live agent. He admitted they've put that into the game silently without any mentioning in the patch notes. I think that was a patch in May 2016 or something. He said they did that intentionally for the people to find out about this themselves.

He also said there are no further strongholds planned. :-)

OK, but did they, in the post-Yavin patch, raise it to 5 or to 6? (It's hard to see how, if they didn't say one way or the other, you'd be able to *know*, since there were only 5 available, and nothing in-game says "you have 5 of a maximum of 6" nor "you have 5 of a maximum of 5."

That said, I do have this recollection of them saying it would be (had been?) raised to *five* at the time, but there's no way I have the slightest interest in digging through the devtracker to find it.

Total D**k move Bioware

I understood capping the weekly FP so we had to wait a week for the new stronghold. I understand that thinking.However,not allowing people to have something in the game without loosing something they spent time MONEY and passion on is BS!...I don't just put chairs down,so why do I suffer because half the game has no style.I waited for this SH.Did the "grind",and now I can't have it without dropping another SH?...WTH Bioware? You don't bother telling anyone till the release and then don't have the simple intelligence it takes to JUST CAP THE CONQUEST!!!...In 5 yrs that was damned close to the last straw.LEARN HOW TO COMMUNICATE!...had I known you were going to screw people again,I would have never logged into be disappointed again.

You are on probation,one more screw up like this.My money goes elsewhere.

You could always remove reactivation costs for all Strongholds until you have figured out how to sort this mess out. Reactivation costs are just punitive anyway. :rak_02:

How come you cannot update the game so that it only takes into consideration 6 Strongholds with regards to the conquest bonus? That way you could have 10 SHs, but only 6 would count... problem solved. This could be patched into the game very quickly and easily and I'd hope you get on this asap to resolve the issue.