2.0.1 Deception and Dps Darkness spec.

Diefexor

I have found these specs work best for me Darkness/Deception.

Deception: 8/36/2 http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200bc0cZfMfRkGrRbdzzZ0M.3

Open with spike (to activate Duplicity), 2x voltaic slash (to activate induction), maul, shock, ( by this time you should have 2-3 stacks of static charge), Discharge, pop recklessness, Discharge again, cloak, low slash, voltaic slash, maul, shock, discharge, pop recklessness, discharge, assassinate. Kill and collect.

Use maul when duplicity is active, electrocute, knockback, force slow, and defensive CDs (shroud ect) as needed.

Darkness: 36/8/2 http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200rcrsddfzGdoZcMcZ0M.3

Use maul on opener and every time conspirator's cloak is up. Maul is good. Stack shock with Recklessness and Energize. Use force lightning when you have 3 stacks of harness darkness. Use assassinate when possible. Use Defensive CDs smartly. Staying alive = more damage.

3 points in Exploitive Strikes is almost certainly better than 6% more damage in Maul. The chance of not having the the 9% melee crit buff up is extremely small between Force Lightning, Chain Shock, and Energize, and 9% melee crit buff is almost certainly better than 6% more damage to Maul.

If your build is for pvp (Deception) :

take out the 3 points in electric execution,put in them in exploitive strike, take out the 2 points in torment,put them in sith defiance, take out the points in magnetisme and deceptive power and put them in eutropic field.

Electric execution is very close to useless. 18% damage on the damage dealt by Surging charge's damage is very low especialy is you take exploitive strike instead. ES increase your melee crit chance. With the low crit of 2.0, this is priceless for a deception assassin. Also. Recklessness give you a high crit chance for your forces attack so Exploitive strike have a good proc rate.

Torment isnt very usefull in pvp. You dont need it, you will be stunned from time to time and will regen force while stunned and we have 2 nice force regen tools (Dark embrace and Saber conduit) So sith defiance is a better choice. 2% damage reduction is very good.

Deceptive power isnt really usefull either. It might help on a long fight where stuns never happen but this is SWTOR so...stuns happen XD. If mixed with the pve set bonus that give 50 force, it migh be usefull BUT you will loose too much expetise and the 4 pieces pvp stalker bonus is too good in 2.0. So the point is better in eutropic field

Magnetisme isnt that bad in itself since we open with spike now but it will be used once or twice per fight and you already have 2 point static cling to keep your target slowed if needed. So the point is better in eutropic field to complete the perk.

Take the 6% damage reduction of eutropic field+2% from Sith defiance and you are at 8% plus 25% from dark embrace and you're at 33%.

Edited by Philelectric

If your build is for pvp (Deception) :

take out the 3 points in electric execution,put in them in exploitive strike, take out the 2 points in torment,put them in sith defiance, take out the points in magnetisme and deceptive power and put them in eutropic field.

Electric execution is very close to useless. 18% damage on the damage dealt by Surging charge's damage is very low especialy is you take exploitive strike instead. ES increase your melee crit chance. With the low crit of 2.0, this is priceless for a deception assassin. Also. Recklessness give you a high crit chance for your forces attack so Exploitive strike have a good proc rate.

Torment isnt very usefull in pvp. You dont need it, you will be stunned from time to time and will regen force while stunned and we have 2 nice force regen tools (Dark embrace and Saber conduit) So sith defiance is a better choice. 2% damage reduction is very good.

Deceptive power isnt really usefull either. It might help on a long fight where stuns never happen but this is SWTOR so...stuns happen XD. If mixed with the pve set bonus that give 50 force, it migh be usefull BUT you will loose too much expetise and the 4 pieces pvp stalker bonus is too good in 2.0. So the point is better in eutropic field

Magnetisme isnt that bad in itself since we open with spike now but it will be used once or twice per fight and you already have 2 point static cling to keep your target slowed if needed. So the point is better in eutropic field to complete the perk.

Take the 6% damage reduction of eutropic field+2% from Sith defiance and you are at 8% plus 25% from dark embrace and you're at 33%.

We have very different ideas of how assassin should be played. This Deception build is centered around Discharge and I make up the low crit by hitting my targets more with the extra energy from lower cost skills. I will lay it out for you.

"Electric execution is very close to useless." How is 18% buff to our hardest hitting ability useless? I get 9k crits with it. My build is built bursting people down with discharge and shock, so why do I need ES when I'm critting enough as is? I don't.

Torment is awesome. I get more dps with it, thus, killing my target quicker. You exaggerate the stuns and how much energy you get from them. Avoidance, shroud, jolt, resolve, ect. cut down on the CC a lot. I guess I just don't get CCed as much as you. In other words, I find I get low on force after nuking down my first target and going on to my second so lower cost abilities help.

Deceptive power is very useful, it gives me a free assassinate I otherwise would not have had. Like I said above my energy gets low..... I don't get CCed in my openers,... shroud, avoidance bla bla bla.

Magnetism gives me a free slow every spike I use. Less energy I spend to slow the alliance puke i'm killing. One less force slow I need to toss on the target.

Eutropic field is nice. 8% the way you want to spec with sith defiance. I do not use either and I find my current CDs are adequate. I do not die more than any other class, and I have more energy to nuke.

"Electric execution is very close to useless." How is 18% buff to our hardest hitting ability useless? I get 9k crits with it. My build is built bursting people down with discharge and shock, so why do I need ES when I'm critting enough as is? I don't.

I'm only leveling a lowbie sin at the moment, but my understanding is that Electric Execution buffs the surging charge proc damage only, not your discharge. Correct me if I'm wrong?

I'm only leveling a lowbie sin at the moment, but my understanding is that Electric Execution buffs the surging charge proc damage only, not your discharge. Correct me if I'm wrong?

Not exactly, Electric Execution buffs the proc damage of whatever charge you happen to be using (dark, surging or lightning). and BTW, I think this is what you meant. "surging charge proc damage only" could be misleading if someone isn't reading carefully (and isn't familiar with the deception/surging charge connection). You are also absolutely correct that it doesn't buff discharge at all.

We have very different ideas of how assassin should be played. This Deception build is centered around Discharge and I make up the low crit by hitting my targets more with the extra energy from lower cost skills. I will lay it out for you.

"Electric execution is very close to useless." How is 18% buff to our hardest hitting ability useless? I get 9k crits with it. My build is built bursting people down with discharge and shock, so why do I need ES when I'm critting enough as is? This skill increases the damage dealt by charges NOT discharge. So you get about 18% bonus on 800 damage discharge every 4.5 secs and every shock, which is on 6 sec CD. So this will get you and additional 450 damage with three charges, probably 10 secs, which is 6-7 globals, and you are trying to say it is useful?

Torment is awesome. I get more dps with it, thus, killing my target quicker. You exaggerate the stuns and how much energy you get from them. Avoidance, shroud, jolt, resolve, ect. cut down on the CC a lot. I guess I just don't get CCed as much as you. In other words, I find I get low on force after nuking down my first target and going on to my second so lower cost abilities help. I can't follow how torment will get you more dps. All it does is reduce cost of voltaic slash by 2 and shock by 6. You should not be running out of force in PvP. 2 points better used on a potential damage builder or survivabilty.

Deceptive power is very useful, it gives me a free assassinate I otherwise would not have had. Like I said above my energy gets low..... I don't get CCed in my openers,... shroud, avoidance bla bla bla. Again, if you are running low on energy in PvP, you are doing something wrong. Even if you spam maul you should not run out of force with dark embrace on (12 secs).

Magnetism gives me a free slow every spike I use. Less energy I spend to slow the alliance puke i'm killing. One less force slow I need to toss on the target. I won't contest, but most openers involve 2-3 CCs. So the benefit may not be as much as you think.

Eutropic field is nice. 8% the way you want to spec with sith defiance. I do not use either and I find my current CDs are adequate. I do not die more than any other class, and I have more energy to nuke.

If you are playing a melee class with 20% damage reduction. I wish you good luck. I just want to remind that a part of being a melee class is create a space for your healers and ranged dps to heal/dps freely. You should not only be trying to dps, but also attract enemies fire away from your healers to you. On solo confrontation 8% damage reduction is very useful, which as a deception sin, you always trying to provoke on the enemies uncontested node either take the node, or force opponents to send back-up to that node decreasing pressure on the contested node by giving allies more space to capture/defend it. Wither it is in staying with the group or trying to solo contest enemies under protected nodes, 8% damage reduction with 4 skill points is definitely worth it.

Last, I do not see how skipping 9% of melee critical chance is not useful. Half your damage as a deception sin come from maul, voltaic slash and assassinate.

Edited by Ottoattack

I would highly advise against playing the OP's Deception build.

Just to clarify for everyone, Electric Execution DOES NOT APPLY to Discharge, only to the Surging Charge proc.

Edited by RankorSSGS

I would highly advise against playing the OP's Deception build.

Just to clarify for everyone, Electric Execution DOES NOT APPLY to Discharge, only to the Surging Charge proc.

I agree.

well guess this is the spot for posting builds (probly not) but anyway i would like some feed back on a couple of builds ive been going back and forth on so here goes nothing.

Build number 1 http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200bcZfrcRkGrRbdzzZcM.3

Build number 2 http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200bcZfrfRzGbRrbzzZf.3

You missed a couple points on both specs, http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200bcZfrfRkGdRr0zzZcM.3 this is what you want.