Is it me of Lost island HM is overtuned??

It's far too simple now. You light up like a Christmas ornament before you drop a bubble. Melee in the group can just run away to a "dump zone" and run back to the boss.

This FP was rightly classified as a Tier 2 FP in its original form. Now it's a slightly shorter Kaon.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm a "normal" person and i like the fact that i enter a fight i might not win.

If i knew i'm gonna win no matter what, i would lose interest very fast. When the stakes are high (my death or his death), that make the fight far more interesting.

I think chances of loosing with poor gameplay and chance of winning with great gameplay is the foundation of good gaming design.

Can anyone please explain how the HM has been nerfed?

I only saw about Story mode in patch notes.

One of the criticle mechanics of the fight, the blue circles that are dropped on a person on the group now is being displayed in red text prior to the cast itself to warn you to move. Before this you had to see it yourself (which was somewhat difficult at times with so much going on) and the tank had to move the boss. Now with red text and prior warning the raid is able to avoid a good deal of extra damage.

i'm a "normal" person and i like the fact that i enter a fight i might not win.

If i knew i'm gonna win no matter what, i would lose interest very fast. When the stakes are high (my death or his death), that make the fight far more interesting.

I think chances of loosing with poor gameplay and chance of winning with great gameplay is the foundation of good gaming design.

never said i don't like a challenge, and i wasn't the one complaining ;)

i actually do like challenges. but it did frustrate me that i can heal EV/KP NiM and EC/TfB without problems, but still get ***** in a flashpoint that should be easy if i can take those ops without any issues. maybe it was just our grp setup n stuff (shadow tank, guardian dps and sentinel, me as sage healer), or bad luck, dunno, anyways, after giving it 7ish tries on that damned droid i just never went back to LI HM

even people that understood the boss mechanics well had problems clearing it, it is obvious you are mad and one of those said 15%, elitist answers are not needed m8, try to understand normal people for a change.

You gotta be kidding me. This instance is FACEROLL. If youre not in a PUG with 100 % re tards, you cant fail. And they even nerfed, it so even re tards can easily clear this instance. Laughable..

Edited by Sithcreep

You gotta be kidding me. This instance is FACEROLL. If youre not in a PUG with 100 % re tards, you cant fail. And they even nerfed, it so even re tards can easily clear this instance. Laughable..

That is the exact same attitude the person you are quoting is referring to, the elitist attitude that thinks just because he/she can execute a instance with a group of friends and selected pugs (after all you label the rest as *******) that the entire instance is faceroll and can be done easily.

Do not be fooled by this redundant display of testosterone. LI HM even after the red warnings still present a level of challenge to those who are not overgeared for it and not quite familiar with it's mechanics.

Lost Island is a joke now, and this makes me sad. The annihilation droid used to be a fun little challenge. I can now tank it on my marauder. Seriously.

There are people 2-manning the entire FP now.

This is the worst change they have made to the game that I have seen.

This is exactly how I feel about it. There is nothing more challenging left in this game, maybe 16 man TFB hm. I dont get it, why would they do it? Ppl dont want any challenge or anything these days, everything does have to be 100 % easy. Why do they even play games? Its so darn boring like that

Do not be fooled by this redundant display of testosterone. LI HM even after the red warnings still present a level of challenge to those who are not overgeared for it and not quite familiar with it's mechanics.

That's the main issue with what you're saying.

I don't mean this in an elitist way, but if you're not familiar with the mechanics yet then your opinion isn't really as valid. I'll give you that HM LI is harder to learn what needs to be done, but once you've learnt that, the execution of the mechanics are simple.

It used to be that either the Tank had the responsibility of moving the Group out of Lightning Balls or the MDPS had the responsbility of using a personal timer to ensure he didn't drop a Lightning Ball on a Tank.

Now it's just the latter, and you don't even need to have a personal timer... you simply look at your feet and see if/when you have a marker and place it somewhere away from the group.

If you want a challenge , do it in an under geared pug. They tuned this down because pugs with mdps couldn't coordinate enough to do the mechanics. For example, with my guild on vent, we managed to one shot it on my first time in this fp with all mdps ( pre 1.4). Post 1.4, I couldn't get a group of pugs to work together on the obvious mechanics. While this is a lol face roll for experienced groups. It is still a challenge for pugs.

If you want a challenge , do it in an under geared pug. They tuned this down because pugs with mdps couldn't coordinate enough to do the mechanics. For example, with my guild on vent, we managed to one shot it on my first time in this fp with all mdps ( pre 1.4). Post 1.4, I couldn't get a group of pugs to work together on the obvious mechanics. While this is a lol face roll for experienced groups. It is still a challenge for pugs.

exactly my point.

EVERY hm is a challenge if youre too stupid to learn game mechanics. You wont even beat BT hm in full Dread Guard without knowing game mechanics, Yadira is gonna own you everytime with her cyclone smash!!! LOL

oh yay another elitist, and looking at your comments in this thread you really are an insultive one, not everyone spends 24h a day playing games mate, and i only tried it around the time it came out, haven't done the nerfed version yet. but ye, laughable, i hope you don't talk to your friends like that too, and excuse me for being a casual.