Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers

CourtneyWoods

I'm on Nadd Sarcophagus server and we are being sent to The Bastion server with about 5 other servers thing is I just checked and there is a 10 min wait to get into the server and the transfers just started!!!! Dont you think this is a bad choice since the server is full already why would u want to over poplulate the server more!!!!!

dude they will be increasin pop cap 2mw and after that intill server transfer is done so just hold on have faith :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shadow Lords

The Faman: Empire

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a lvl50 character on Veela, population at peak time in the fleet is 5-10ppl...

and its not yet in the avail transfer list... also i made others char on another server... so WHY CANT WE CHOOSE DESTINATION?

its nonsense, i already have char somewhere else that i wanted to have all my char regrouped to... its not like i can play both my character at the same time so its kind of obvious its where i wanted my other "sleeping" class to endup...

bioware cant saythe server capacity is full because im already playing other class there....

Veela >> Jedi Covenant

bro they are going to add more servers up for transfer 2mw at 12pm alright bro

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shadow Lords

Edited by skyknightandy

My friends that I play with are currently travelling out of the country. How long will the option to transfer for free and to the same server be available? I don't want to run into a situation where I transfer now and my friends can't transfer when they get back, or they are transferred to a different server. What's the plan Bioware and should I transfer now or wait until they get back?

My friends that I play with are currently travelling out of the country. How long will the option to transfer for free and to the same server be available? I don't want to run into a situation where I transfer now and my friends can't transfer when they get back, or they are transferred to a different server. What's the plan Bioware and should I transfer now or wait until they get back?
it doesn't Matter if they are out of the country you can transfer characters anywhere...but i think character transfer will stay online for a couple more weeks

Shadow Lords

I think I'll wait to see how the increase in cap goes. I hate being on a low pop server, but I also dont want to transfer only to find out that I will have to wait to log in every day. lol

smart idea it will 2mw and the day after that if they make more servers able to transfer :)

Shadow Lords

dude they will be increasin pop cap 2mw and after that intill server transfer is done so just hold on have faith :)

Shadow Lords

Faith = Believing in something you know isn't true...

Faith = Believing in something you know isn't true...

I had faith all along and finally i got one my server transfers possible now waiting on the other one :)

Shadow Lords

Edited by skyknightandy

Are the destination servers that are assigned for west coast, specifically Bastion the only destination server that will be made available?

Whats the plan for the origin server and those that did not transfer? (I chose not to due to a name/legacy conflict)

What happened to the "SUPER SERVER" that I was hearing about?

Why is this optional? My only choices are to sit on my already low population server untill im the last man in the universe, or move to a server where i have wait times before i can log on... I don't particularly want to do either. If you aren't going to let people choose a server why wouldnt you just force people to move and actually balance populations rather then going from one extreme to another. I know that eventually there is going to be literally nobody on my server and they are going to either shut it down or force me to transfer, so again I ask, why is this optional?

Are the destination servers that are assigned for west coast, specifically Bastion the only destination server that will be made available?

Whats the plan for the origin server and those that did not transfer? (I chose not to due to a name/legacy conflict)

What happened to the "SUPER SERVER" that I was hearing about?

Bro sry but there is no such thing as a super server :(...and yes Bastion is the only West Coast PVP destination server available for transfer atm.....i wouldn't worry too much about you legacy and name problem...ill even help you out a bit use something unique next to ur name or something and legacy name which i bet my life on its not taken unless its something simple...lol for legacy i used something unique 2 btw pst if u need help :)

Shadow Lords

Edited by skyknightandy

Why is this optional? My only choices are to sit on my already low population server untill im the last man in the universe, or move to a server where i have wait times before i can log on... I don't particularly want to do either. If you aren't going to let people choose a server why wouldnt you just force people to move and actually balance populations rather then going from one extreme to another. I know that eventually there is going to be literally nobody on my server and they are going to either shut it down or force me to transfer, so again I ask, why is this optional?

good luck :)

Shadow Lords

I would expect they want to avoid an actual server merge (non-optional transfer) due to the number of inactive accounts on the existing low population servers as a merger would create more issues down the road if those inactive accounts become active at a future date. So, instead of merging they offer transfers which should theoretically only result in active accounts (characters of people who are actually playing the game now) being transferred.

Can someone point me to the post where they said that they are increasing server pop caps?

search it on thread it should pop up...lol.....they have been increasin pop cap at least on the fatman they are since last week it was very heavy-full when there were 250 players in fleet and 70-100 players in each planet. Today when i went on the fatman server it was on standards there was that same amount players on fleet and planets from last week.

Shadow Lords

The Fatman:Empire

Edited by skyknightandy

Why did the server selection screen tell me that I was good to transfer and then after I do it then it tells me my names need to be changed? I would not have transferred. This is BS.

i think you can just cancel character transfer or add like a latter or a symbol at the end of you name and ur all set :)

Shadow Lords

The Fatman:Empire

Why did the server selection screen tell me that I was good to transfer and then after I do it then it tells me my names need to be changed? I would not have transferred. This is BS.

I would have checked the destination for my name first.

Remember when everyone rushed to get into Early Access to reserve their names, and powerleveling their first character to the end of Chapter 1, all to get names that they would lose rights to in 6 months...

...oh, that's right, they weren't told that last part.

Remember when everyone rushed to get into Early Access to reserve their names, and powerleveling their first character to the end of Chapter 1, all to get names that they would lose rights to in 6 months...

...oh, that's right, they weren't told that last part.

Why would you lose your name? You only would do that IF you moved and even then only IF someone else has it. There is no reason to lose your name.

I'm not worried about my names too much, but I know my husband is really angry about losing the majority of his names. He's been following the development of this game for a very long time, signed up for the forums as soon as they were available, got into Beta, the whole nine yards. My favorite memory of this game was the second or third day of early access helping him beat his Act I class quest waaaay ahead of level so he could get his legacy name before everyone else. Now come to find out there is a pretty good chance he will lose all of that progress because our server hasn't been chosen yet for an origin or destination.

I know my husband isn't the only one with the same amount of dedication, but I do feel that a priority system should have been considered for people like him who have obviously been in this game for a very long time.