Lack of Color Crystals

OtakuTheBlack

I managed to get my Sith Sorcerer to level 26 (before the companion management window mysteriously vanished) and I noticed that SWTOR is missing one of the things I loved most about KOTOR 1 and 2: unique color crystals. I've only ever found the basics; blue, green, yellow, and red. Please tell me I'm not the only person upset about this, your lightsaber (or blaster) should reflect you and be at least somewhat unique.

I managed to get my Sith Sorcerer to level 26 (before the companion management window mysteriously vanished) and I noticed that SWTOR is missing one of the things I loved most about KOTOR 1 and 2: unique color crystals. I've only ever found the basics; blue, green, yellow, and red. Please tell me I'm not the only person upset about this, your lightsaber (or blaster) should reflect you and be at least somewhat unique.

The most common place crystals are the four you mentioned. You can also find some orange crystals in gear, I think normally from FPs.

At level 50 for Empire players, the pvp weapons hold purple crystals (sadly, unable to be removed) and for Republic players it's cyan.

I've only heard through hearsay of a white and black color crystal schematic that comes off a world boss and has an extremely low drop.

There seem to be some rare ones like black-red and purple in the endgame gear lightsabers, but yeah the 'standard game' has only the basic blue, green, yellow, orange, red.

At level 50 for Empire players, the pvp weapons hold purple crystals (sadly, unable to be removed) and for Republic players it's cyan.

Are you absolutely sure they cant be removed? I heard that the endgame gear mods couldnt be removed either, but they can, after the patch.

Edited by Karkais

You can't remove the crystal from the PVP weapons because it has no mod slots. It's all stats that are on the weapon itself.

Yeah, there's a "secret" crystal you can obtain. The schematic drops off the world boss on Belsavis, and it's a magenta crystal (pink). After you get the schematic you still need to run the quests to get the unique crystal... it's not hard.

-Red, yellow, green and blue are all the standard ones.

-As stated, there is orange which starts showing up later.

-The yellow with a black core comes from the two more expensive versions of the game (possibly only from pre-orders, not entirely sure), and the green with a black core comes from buying a Razer SW:TOR keyboard or mouse.

-50 pvp gear has either purple (sith) or cyan (jedi).

-The chain of steps mentioned will get you the magenta crystal.

-And Battlemaster (valor rank 60, Imperial side) will get you the red with a black core (not sure what the Republic side gets.)

Edited by Goreveski

I'd sure like to see more colors. Maybe they should be just a little bit less rare? I'm already tired of seeing my same old lightsaber since level 9-10 that I'm hauling a vibrosword (that looks like a training saber) around on my back just to change it up some.