WoW vs SWTOR - Are the two really competing?

ilancloud

you forget just before SWTOR was released Blizzard offered the following

Subscribe to WoW for 1 year and receive

DIABLO 3 FREE

BETA ACCESS to Mists of Pandara.

I haven't played wow in over 5 years and if I had known about that earlier and I hadn't played SWTOR. I would have bought that in an second.

We all just need to give SWTOR time to develop, we are looking at a couple of years possibly before all the bugs are ironed out and the game is a little more stable and tweaked to perfection. Although you may not believe it but when WoW first came out it wasn't perfect.

We all just need to give SWTOR time to develop, we are looking at a couple of years possibly before all the bugs are ironed out and the game is a little more stable and tweaked to perfection. Although you may not believe it but when WoW first came out it wasn't perfect.

you don't even need to go that far. By the end of this year if they keep adding content and squashing bugs at the rate they are going. this game will probably have around 2 million in US and Europe.

now after they make a Spanish version and a couple different Asian Language versions then this game will be very close to WoW numbers.

I don't know if it will ever beat WoW but thats ok. As long as it does well I will be happy.

After all when companies compete the consumer wins.

Only 2 things i miss about wow. Second are the dances. First is BCs AV. Alarge scale WZ would be great.

that would be awesome as long as they don't do what Blizz did with AV ie get rid of all the cool and unique things and make it so both sides run past each other instead of fighting.

Originally Posted by Liquidacid

some people lack self esteem so in order to feel validated in their choices need everyone to agree that what they like is "better"

Actually, I find the question interesting from a purely academic perspective. Did a market assement study on MMOs, so to me it's hugely interesting to see how WoW and SWTOR and their fan bases develop.

But I guess you're too simple to see anything else than the obvious reasons as the explanations for people's interest in the question...

Edited by Andge