Game virtually unplayable now, can't even tell when my cooldowns are on properly.

SunwindIon

After thinking about it a little more, my concern becomes: How the hell did fixing reactive abilities break this? They should not be connected.

The new issue is that abilities on their own CD show lit above the CD line and grey beneath it. The change that caused it is making abilities that are on the GCD but can be cast after it show as lit. Not as lit above the GCD line and grey beneath it, fully lit. This seems to have no connection to the new issue.

This could then be caused by 2 things as I see it. Either this was a seperate change they made that they thought we would like (lolwut?) or their UI code is all jacked up and convoluted and changing one thing inadvertently effects the other.

If it is the second it is probably because it used to work this way and they did a quick fix that didnt really fix the issue, and this new issue is just them reverting the old "fix" and causing the old issue again. This is instead of actually coding a proper fix, i.e. making GCD show as lit and regular CD show as grey, period.

If it is the first, I have little hope that they will eventually have a good working functional UI that doesnt make me badly crave user made mods.

Either way, its not looking good for their UI.

EDIT: Honestly, as stupid as this issue is, it is hardly the gamebreaking problem that some are claiming. Its intention was to fix certain issues which it did quite well. On my toons, the incidents of using the new functionality far outweigh the incidents of being screwed by the new flaw. Yes it sucks not being able to clearly see abilities that are on CD, but for the most part you CAN still see it if you are looking at the bottom bar instead of just glancing at the color of the box.

Again, yes it sucks, but i would still say the change is overall beneficial, it just needs to be refined further.

Edited by DragnHntr

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seventy Six Pages of over 700 replies and still not a word of acknowledgement from Bioware about this problem.

it's almost the weekend, then they can all go home and not care anymore. maybe when they go home they'll actually log in and play, and see what an awful mess they've made of the action bars.

Seventy Six Pages of over 700 replies and still not a word of acknowledgement from Bioware about this problem.

So? Its probably not their responsibility to respond in the General Forums about people not being able to adjust to a change in the game.

Open a ticket and see where that goes, instead.

So? Its probably not their responsibility to respond in the General Forums about people not being able to adjust to a change in the game.

It's not something you adjust to. You can't SEE when the ability is ready. Go Troll another topic.

A post i made from two pages back:

Blue indicator of remaining CD time on abilities that use blue icons is minor?

Image: http://imageshack.us/f/696/cdforcestasis.jpg/

I beg of you to put yourself in my shoes. You play on a 52" television from your couch at 1920x1080 resolution. All you do is PvP and the new CD indicator is blue. Nine of your nineteen binded abilities icons are blue.

Out of those nine, seven have a CD after use. Seven of your abilities now are using a blue line as a CD indicator on blue icons. Can you see now how this isnt minor?

A post i made from two pages back:

I wonder if the devs must be testing or playing the game as imperials, surely they don't have very many blue icons (I would assume more reds and purple) so the cooldown thing would be easier to see for them (unless the cooldown indicator is a different colour too, I don't know)

I called technical support to relay the issue. Gentleman was kind enough to browse this post to look at the image i posted. It was apparent prior to this i wasnt able to explain the situation to him verbally.

Requested the image link to be included in my ticket.

He did say something about this issue prior to the end of our conversation. However im hesitant to say it for i dont know if it was a standard reply prior to calls end with technical support.

During our conversation i requested to be transferred to a Quality Assurance Rep or someone in the Graphical Department relating to this issue. Unfortunately this wasnt possible on technical supports end.

I'll do some digging to see if i can get a direct line to someone in the above two departments. For i firmly believe if this image is shown to them with the current state blue colored ability icons. It will be addressed via hotfix and or in the next patch.

Edited by Mahdii

Well, ive done all i can do for now. Left a voicemail on a specific persons Bioware extension asking for a call back with five minutes of their time if they can spare it.

I once worked in technical support. So i know of the scenarios that are involved in regards to tickets generated.

Strange that you guys seem to have such problems with the new way of displaying the cooldowns. I for one like it and I actually haven't read the "Not ready yet" more than I had before the patch.

I think it's a more graphical way to display the cooldown and for me it works accurately. But if so many people have problems with it, maybe I'm the odd one...

I didn't really think of this as a problem till I started using my 1 or 2 or 3 min cds in pvp today. Yes, it completely sucks for those. With about anywhere from 5 to 15 seconds left depending on the overall cd length, the ability looks ready to go. And it isn't. This needs a change.

I didn't really think of this as a problem till I started using my 1 or 2 or 3 min cds in pvp today. Yes, it completely sucks for those. With about anywhere from 5 to 15 seconds left depending on the overall cd length, the ability looks ready to go. And it isn't. This needs a change.

hopefully this is what Georg Zoeller meant when he said:

We're still investigating a number of additional issues, along with some usability and quality of life improvements for responsiveness regarding player input, but the above mentioned developments should provide a very measurable improvement in combat responsiveness.

although a quick post confirming they're aware of this issue wouldn't go a miss! :D

Edited by SunwindIon

hopefully this is what Georg Zoeller meant when he said:

although a quick post confirming they're aware of this issue wouldn't go a miss! :D

Its not. The ability delay is another issue.

I can't believe they haven't responded to this yet. I'm honestly shocked.

I completely agree with this. Furthermore, why we don't have an option to have actual numbers superimposed is beyond me as this is evident in several games, or at the very least extremely popular addons such as OmniCC in wow have been highly sought after.

The entire reason I have shelved my Jugg in favour of the BH is due to the amount of CD's I have to watch and how it detracts from my game play.

No offense, but this was a silly change. I just don't understand the thought process. The hotbar works great like that, in every game. If you ability is on cooldown, it's greyed out. The hotbar with abilities works well like that, there is reason for the ability being greyed out when not usable.

It makes no sense to have the ability lit up like you can use, then have a tiny, transparent line running down it. I find myself just mashing the button now. Odd change to say the least. Would be wise to change it back. :mad: